Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

All im saying is - the astro's had and continue to have a lethal lineup.  Breg, Altuve, Correa, Springer - its hard to believe that this props them up like massive amounts.  I don't feel like digging through all their splits to see if home/away over the years is that big of a discrepancy.  Maybe i will before fantasy baseball season to see if its worth knocking them down a peg, but i doubt it.  

Google was pretty quick to turn it up 

https://www.12up.com/posts/astros-home-vs-road-splits-from-2017-playoffs-suggest-evidence-of-sign-stealing-01dsjze4xax2

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/the-houston-astros-homeroad-splits-during-the-2017-postseason-are-laugh-out-loud-funny-and-you-might-need-to-take-away-their-title

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

All im saying is - the astro's had and continue to have a lethal lineup.  Breg, Altuve, Correa, Springer - its hard to believe that this props them up like massive amounts.  I don't feel like digging through all their splits to see if home/away over the years is that big of a discrepancy.  Maybe i will before fantasy baseball season to see if its worth knocking them down a peg, but i doubt it.  

This is what I find the worst/dumbest thing about these situations, when you see teams or players cheat when they really don't have to. The Astros have a really good team that shouldn't need an added advantage, but they do it to get that extra advantage, and accept it as a cost of winning if they get caught after a championship. No one can take away the past, you can put all the asterisks next to their names or erase the history books, but the players, fans and organisations at that time all got to celebrate and be champions for that time.

• Like (+1) 1

This is huge part of why Major league Baseball is a classier than Football .  At least MLB has the balls to suspend coaches/ FO personnel  for a year for cheating, and has at least one owner who won’t put up with low life’s running his team.  NFL management is testicle free zone. This alone makes me want to watch more baseball. If the NFL was able to be embarrassed they would be now.

this is a potential marketing bonanza for baseball to gain more fans,

“We take action when we catch cheaters” 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, eanyills said:

If we’re making disingenuous comparisons across corporations that couldn’t be more different other than that they’re both entertainment industries, let’s not forget that MLB ignored a decade long scandal that almost crippled its business and handled the fallout of damage control in one of the worst possible ways.

MLB isn’t a model for the NFL.

Major League Baseball was also the first league to have to really address PED because they were being used in all sports.

It is a well known fact that Major League Baseball has served as the model for all four major sports here because of numerous factors such as it’s longevity but it’s also been the sport that commonly takes on divisive issues head on. If they’re not the first to address certain issues, they’re typically the first to get things right (I.e. domestic abuse). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

MLB doesn’t ***** around when it comes to breaking rules that concern the integrity of the game.

In fact, both are probably lucky they didn’t get banned from the game.

Who would hire these guys? They are permanently tainted, no owner in their right mind will hire these guys, their careers are over in MLB. 

At least one would think as much.

Edited by Don Otreply

MLB is serious when they make the Astros forfeit the 2017 title.  That sends the real message.  You cheat, you lose everything.

Otherwise, it's just three dudes who will never be in the MLB ever again.  

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

How so?

Everyone steals signs, everyone always has, MLB basically just suspended people for being too good at something they’ve allowed for ages. And equally importantly something they can not and will not stop going forward 

5 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Count me in the minority I guess, I’m no HOU fan, but think this is overdone 

Cheating and cheaters always needs to be punished severely, it then becomes a deterrent, otherwise you are saying it’s okay to cheat at everything, that attitude is what breaks down entire societies. Those that condone cheating are in turn the same as those that cheat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Red Sox are next.?

Cora should get a double dose.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/alex-cora-is-totally-utterly-and-completely-screwed-01dyg4xm8554

44 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe, maybe not. They might be able to go after Cora, but they would need to prove the Red Sox had something similar going on to come down on them

Oh, they'll definitely be able to do that. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28440015/report-red-sox-used-replay-room-steal-signs-2018-season

6 minutes ago, dpberr said:

MLB is serious when they make the Astros forfeit the 2017 title.  That sends the real message.  You cheat, you lose everything.

Otherwise, it's just three dudes who will never be in the MLB ever again.  

They should have their World Series win revoked, I agree.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Cheating and cheaters always needs to be punished severely, it then becomes a deterrent, otherwise you are saying it’s okay to cheat at everything, that attitude is what breaks down entire societies. Those that condone cheating are in turn the same as those that cheat. 

But punishing it selectively isn’t a deterrent 

7 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Everyone steals signs, everyone always has, MLB basically just suspended people for being too good at something they’ve allowed for ages. And equally importantly something they can not and will not stop going forward 

no. it was the use of technology to do the stealing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

But not punishing it ever is?

Edited by Don Otreply

44 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That's one player from decades ago, who has had chances to be let back in if he would admit to it and apologize IIRC and he has refused to do so, then he also had an issue not to long ago come out regarding and underage girl IIRC. And he played for the Reds, also not one of the league's premier franchises.....

The Reds were absolutely one of baseball's premier franchises in their glory era that stretched from 1961-1990 (and Rose was banned in the 1980s). In those 30 years, they had 24 winning seasons and 6 losing seasons; 5 WS appearances, and a bunch of additional playoff appearances. (Infamously, they had the best record in baseball in the strike year of 1981 but didn't make the playoffs.) The Big Red Machine is one of the most legendary units in modern MLB history.  

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1