Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

17 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also the Red Sux Maganer Cora is in deeeeep crapola

So compare Manfred to Goddell and how MLB vs the NFL handle cheating scandals?

To be fair, the Astros aren't really the MLB cash cow and premier team like the Pats. Now if this was the Yankees accused of this, I'm sure it would have been swept under the rug just like the Pats and the NFL.

I'm not surprised they were fired for this, but we're they the ones fully responsible? Did the owner know what was going on and encouraged it or just turn a blind eye to it? Also weren't the Astros just in trouble recently for providing or forging false medical records for players in trades? They also recently fired one of their other front office guys this offseason after comments he made to female reporters in the locker room  who were known to be against the team getting the former Jays closer who was suspended for beating his girlfriend/wife

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

To be fair, the Astros aren't really the MLB cash cow and premier team like the Pats. Now if this was the Yankees accused of this, I'm sure it would have been swept under the rug just like the Pats and the NFL.

I'm not surprised they were fired for this, but we're they the ones fully responsible? Did the owner know what was going on and encouraged it or just turn a blind eye to it? Also weren't the Astros just in trouble recently for providing or forging false medical records for players in trades? They also recently fired one of their other front office guys this offseason after comments he made to female reporters in the locker room  who were known to be against the team getting the former Jays closer who was suspended for beating his girlfriend/wife

The Red Sox are, however, and their 2018 run is now tainted. The hammer is going to come down on them too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Guess which team had the highest BA, OBP, SLG and OPS in all of MLB last year? Houston

Their whole season needs an *

This mostly occurred in 2017 when cora was bench coach.  The practice wound down in 2018, and was not used in 2019 after a league memo i believe went out saying something.  

Cora moved to boston in 2018 and continued the practice in one way shape or form.  

Edited by dneveu