Jordan Phillips - put my stats this year against anybody - I'm a top 3 DT

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Even that seems high to me because of the Starr contract and having to pay Harrison and Oliver in the near future. I also want money available for defensive end. 

89M cap room, there is enough money to do whatever they want.  I am not worried about that they could give Phillips 10M AVV and still go sign that top DE at 18M AVV

Phillips won't be re-signed by the Bills. This reminds me of Zach Brown a couple of years ago. They revive their career here a bit over a year or two and then go after the money. We won't be the ones to pay him what he's looking for. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think that's basically the plan, Lotulelei is in all likelihood done after 2020 imo...the real question overall is does McDermott value his 3tech like that because we already know he values his 1tech. I'm thinking between Oliver showing more in the tookbox than Phillips already (imo) and Harrison getting healthy it's unlikely they make 97 an offer close to what he can get in FA. 

Agree I think what they will do and I will talk about this in my primer when I do DTs.

Let Phillips walk.  Sign Corey Lugit for the Rotational 3 tech DT behind Oliver, keep Start and Harry at 1 Tech

Just now, John from Riverside said:

So I actually agree with Bobby on this......

My thing is if I cant cut Star (who is WAY overpaid) and put him in Star's spot at his size....then what is the point.

Oliver is going to be the star of the DT's......Horrible Harry will be coming back......I would rather have Shaq

I will get to this in my DT Primer but out of the DTs you see re-signed it isnt going to be Jordan, it is going to be Corey Lugit

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Agree I think what they will do and I will talk about this in my primer when I do DTs.

Let Phillips walk.  Sign Corey Lugit for the Rotational 3 tech DT behind Oliver, keep Start and Harry at 1 Tech

Exactly, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another 3tech drafted in 3-5th

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think that's basically the plan, Lotulelei is in all likelihood done after 2020 imo...the real question overall is does McDermott value his 3tech like that because we already know he values his 1tech. I'm thinking between Oliver showing more in the tookbox than Phillips already (imo) and Harrison getting healthy it's unlikely they make 97 an offer close to what he can get in FA. 

Exactly. And Harrison can PLAY , I anticipated a big season this year but the injury. I think he'll be a force next year and is a perfect model off the field. Gotta think Bills brass value Harrison more than Jordan long term , so I just can't envision giving Jordan the $ he's looking for

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

How long is it $10m a year for? Do you foresee an issue with signing Harrison or Oliver ?

No make it like the recent Beane Signings.  1 on year deal dressed up as a 4 year deal.  

I dont think they sign Phillips though I think they let him enter the compensatory formula and re-sign Lugit

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, his numbers THIS YEAR.   He's fantastic, but put his career numbers against other DT's.  Totally different picture.   No way we should pay him top 3 DT pay.  I'd keep Lawson and draft a DT or get a FA DT as a rotational part. 

He was good last year too. His production in Miami shouldn't count given that for whatever reason, Adam Gase put him in his doghouse despite the fact that he was a high draft pick. 

Don't pony up big bucks for him.  I don't like players who tell everyone how good they are rather than how good the team they play on is.  This could be another player who, once he gets paid with his last season being his only big one, track back to where he was.  I.E,  Albert Haynesworth

Not a fan of paying a player top money for one years worth of quality play!! Would rather keep multiple DTs hungry by not paying big bucks to  one exclusively. Considering that Mcd. keeps a pretty healthy rotation I don’t think Big Phil will be here next year. Unless he comes down in asking price before FA! Maybe he is just bargaining at this point! We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He was good last year too. His production in Miami shouldn't count given that for whatever reason, Adam Gase put him in his doghouse despite the fact that he was a high draft pick. 

Why shouldnt they?

Last year Contract Year

This year Contract year

Takes plays off (harder to see in the rotation we run)

Not good against the run, (same as MIA).

You know why he isnt good against the run at 340LBS?  Because Run Defense is just as much about Mentality and that toughness, which have been flags on him since Oklahoma

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I would like to keep him......but something tells me backing up the brinks truck for him when we just used a high first round pick on a player better then him isnt the Beane way.

If he wants to stay I def want  him......for the right price