Jordan Phillips - put my stats this year against anybody - I'm a top 3 DT

Reed83HOF

Sounds like he's looking for Fletcher Cox type money ($17M AAV), or at the least Marcel Darius money ($14M AAV).  Jordan Phillips has been more productive than Darius.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He isn’t a top 3 DT. He is probably the third or fourth best DT on our team. 
I hope someone else pays him top 3 DT and it is someone in the AFC and it prohibits them from making another signing In the future.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

We cannot have 3 DT's make top 15 money...Star, Oliver is already in the top 15 based on where he was drafted and now Phillips?  Sorry, can't do it. Phillips will be coming back and can take over, need to draft someone to replace him.

I am fine at 10M AVV for him with the way the roster is set up and paid right now.  Anything higher and it is a Hard no

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Sounds like he's looking for Fletcher Cox type money ($17M AAV), or at the least Marcel Darius money ($14M AAV).  Jordan Phillips has been more productive than Darius.

Max I am going in Star's Contract.  10M AVV and that is 3M over his market value, his game is FLAWED whether he wants to see it or not

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Things getting zesty among the DT room, I see.

I'm wondering if they have already received initial offers from the team and they might feel slighted. They being Phillips and Lawson.

Just a thought from me with nothing to back it up.

Go Bills!!

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I would go to 11 tbh. But imo he's looking for 15+ and the value's just not there

I guess I could be talked into 11M but that for me would mean after Harry comes back and shows he is healthy next year I am moving on from Star

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am fine at 10M AVV for him with the way the roster is set up and paid right now.  Anything higher and it is a Hard no

Even that seems high to me because of the Starr contract and having to pay Harrison and Oliver in the near future. I also want money available for defensive end. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I guess I could be talked into 11M but that for me would mean after Harry comes back and shows he is healthy next year I am moving on from Star

I think that's basically the plan, Lotulelei is in all likelihood done after 2020 imo...the real question overall is does McDermott value his 3tech like that because we already know he values his 1tech. I'm thinking between Oliver showing more in the tookbox than Phillips already (imo) and Harrison getting healthy it's unlikely they make 97 an offer close to what he can get in FA. 

29 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Does the hunger and drive go away once he receives the big contract?

That's the big decision when a player has a career year in a contract year.  

You mean the dreaded Haynesworth-Dareus Syndrome?! Haha.

I like big JP, he made some great plays this year and does fly off the tape every now and again. I feel like he kinda disappears at times, too, though. I wouldn't mind if they re-signed him. They'll have Harrison Phillips back as well and from the few games he played, it seemed like he was a better option against the run. So maybe rotate those two like that, let Harrison handle run downs and then see if they can't scheme up something to get JP loose on passing downs, I dunno. Just spitballin'. 

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

my way Game tape. Star and Oliver were the two best against the run. Phillips for a Big man picks a gap and goes. Won’t hold his ground and opens seams. Hence liability. 

So I actually agree with Bobby on this......

My thing is if I cant cut Star (who is WAY overpaid) and put him in Star's spot at his size....then what is the point.

Oliver is going to be the star of the DT's......Horrible Harry will be coming back......I would rather have Shaq