Jordan Phillips - put my stats this year against anybody - I'm a top 3 DT

Reed83HOF

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And why he will leave Buffalo and be immediately overpaid. 

major liability against the Run. But teams will overlook that for those sack numbers. 

I like him as a player - the juice he brings to the team, but he will be overpaid

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I like him as a player - the juice he brings to the team, but he will be overpaid

I would like to keep him. And will overpay a bit (nature or market) but anything over 10AVV (about 3M over his value) is a hard pass

• Like (+1) 2

I like him, but if he's going into negotiations thinking top 3 money is actually his starting position, I can't imagine a deal getting done. He's going to have to give in wayyyyy more than that. I wouldn't want to pay him half that personally.

• Like (+1) 5

yeah, his numbers THIS YEAR.   He's fantastic, but put his career numbers against other DT's.  Totally different picture.   No way we should pay him top 3 DT pay.  I'd keep Lawson and draft a DT or get a FA DT as a rotational part. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I like the guy and what he brought. 

But I guess the right answer is, with the bills defensive scheme and rotation philosophy, they can’t afford to tie up top 3 DT money. They also already have Harry, Oliver and Star. Liguet even made some plays. 

if he truly commands that type of money then he will find it, somewhere but I think he’ll need to play 90% of the snaps to warrant it. 

not happening in buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBill963 said:

Anything to back up this assertion about being a liability against the run? 

my way Game tape. Star and Oliver were the two best against the run. Phillips for a Big man picks a gap and goes. Won’t hold his ground and opens seams. Hence liability. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Jordan Phillips, and think he's a good DT to have on the field in pass rushing situations. But his run D is pretty bad.

This play has stuck with me, he gets pushed 5 yards down field by Philly's Guard on the play resulting in a rushing TD for Boston Scott.

• Like (+1) 2

Phillips is VERY good at what he does well- penetrating 3tech. Outside that he can't stand up to a double team and usually loses in the run game. 

McDermott knows this which is why they had a particular rotation at DT. Phillips will be properly valued by the staff imo and will get a much bigger offer elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to keep him. And will overpay a bit (nature or market) but anything over 10AVV (about 3M over his value) is a hard pass

We cannot have 3 DT's make top 15 money...Star, Oliver is already in the top 15 based on where he was drafted and now Phillips?  Sorry, can't do it. Phillips will be coming back and can take over, need to draft someone to replace him.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1