Lynch unsure about 2020

Nuncha

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

You realize he graduated there in 3 years, right? 

Its not uncommon for football players to graduate in three years.  A. He probably was early enrollment  B. He majored in Social Welfare and C. I would bet good money he didnt do a whole lot of studying by himself during those years.    I would also venture to say that a guy who was a consensus first round draft pick, and was a shoe in to make millions of dollars had a fair amount of help from the university in graduating given the potential for large donations.

I am sorry but if you want to convince me that a guy who swears at children, hits a woman with his car, brings his own alcohol to nightclubs, and hides in closets to avoid the police is a member of mensa you arent going to get far.

Additionally, was and continues to be one of the most hyped and overrated players at his positions because he acts like a clown and eats skittles.   People want to talk about the guy like he is a great back when he is essentially in the same class as guys like Ricky Williams and Eddie George.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Thought this was funny (Lynch Interview)...please remove if it is already posted here.  I looked but didn't see it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096432/article/marshawn-lynch-mum-on-plan-for-2020-season

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.....

marshawn doesn’t strike me as dumb.

how many advanced degrees do you hold einstein?

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Additionally, was and continues to be one of the most hyped and overrated players at his positions because he acts like a clown and eats skittles.   People want to talk about the guy like he is a great back when he is essentially in the same class as guys like Ricky Williams and Eddie George.

Those guys weren't great backs?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its not uncommon for football players to graduate in three years.  A. He probably was early enrollment  B. He majored in Social Welfare and C. I would bet good money he didnt do a whole lot of studying by himself during those years.    I would also venture to say that a guy who was a consensus first round draft pick, and was a shoe in to make millions of dollars had a fair amount of help from the university in graduating given the potential for large donations.

I am sorry but if you want to convince me that a guy who swears at children, hits a woman with his car, brings his own alcohol to nightclubs, and hides in closets to avoid the police is a member of mensa you arent going to get far.

You actually sound jealous that he's a lot more successful than you.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ricky Williams was significantly better than Lynch. 

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Those guys weren't great backs?

No they were good backs.   There is a contingent that thinks Lynch belongs in the HoF when he hasnt had as good a career as someone like LeSean McCoy.

Lynch was great for four years out of a 12 year career.  Otherwise he was just another runningback.  

1 minute ago, Needle said:

Ricky Williams was significantly better than Lynch. 

I dont disagree.  My point is the media attached itself to Lynch because of the Beastmode, Skittles, Doesnt Care about Authority attitude.   He was like the antihero.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The league is better with Marshawn Lynch. The world is better with Marshawn Lynch.

Good guy and smart dude.

Anyone hating on him just looks petty and jealous.

You want to tell that to the Mom he got in a fight with for calling her kid a slur?  Or the person he hit with his car?

He isnt a good guy.   He is a guy with money who puts himself out in front of his neighborhood by providing another in a long list of horrible role models.

Just because you have the means to make yourself a role model, doesnt mean you are one. 

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont disagree.  My point is the media attached itself to Lynch because of the Beastmode, Skittles, Doesnt Care about Authority attitude.   He was like the antihero.

You want to tell that to the Mom he got in a fight with for calling her kid a slur?  Or the person he hit with his car?

He isnt a good guy.   He is a guy with money who puts himself out in front of his neighborhood by providing another in a long list of horrible role models.

Just because you have the means to make yourself a role model, doesnt mean you are one. 

Nah, good dude.

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

So you judge him buy his actions as 21 year old? I bet you never did anything dumb or anyone else has at that time in there life. And anyone who did should be judged forever based on it. 

You clearly do not know the guy or what he does. He has matured a lot since his Buffalo days as do most people. The guy has done a ton and does not have to. He could easily have rode of in the sunset with his "chicken" and laid low. No he is out working for his community and trying to help others. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

he's made some mistakes. does that forever make him a bad guy? or could he in fact have learned from those mistakes and now seems to be mentoring youngers guys into not making mistakes?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So you judge him buy his actions as 21 year old? I bet you never did anything dumb or anyone else has at that time in there life. And anyone who did should be judged forever based on it. 

You clearly do not know the guy or what he does. He has matured a lot since his Buffalo days as do most people. The guy has done a ton and does not have to. He could easily have rode of in the sunset with his "chicken" and laid low. No he is out working for his community and trying to help others. 

I did a lot of stupid things when I was young.  I also coach football like he does at his camps.  I've never called a kid a slur and got in a fight with his Mom over it because I grew up.   This incident with calling kids slurs just happened last summer, he wasnt 21.   Its awesome to give back to your community.  A lot of people do, it doesnt make you a saint just because you show up.  The good part is showing up and providing a role model for kids to change their lives.  Not just to continue being what is acceptable in a horrible condition.   I am sorry but just because he coaches football and gives from his abundance of money doesnt make him a good guy, when he does it and provides a bad example for the kids.

And just for argument sake, if you took your kid to a camp and the guy running it called them a slur, would you continue to think he was a "good guy"?

Edited by thenorthremembers

30 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Take your salt somewhere else. Sounds like you're a bitter fan from when he left the Bills.

Your ignorance is showing.

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ahhhh because you have never committed a sin or done wrong in your life? Once again, your ignorance is showing

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I did a lot of stupid things when I was young.  I also coach football like he does at his camps.  I've never called a kid a slur and got in a fight with his Mom over it because I grew up.   This incident with calling kids slurs just happened last summer, he wasnt 21.   Its awesome to give back to your community.  A lot of people do, it doesnt make you a saint just because you show up.  The good part is showing up and providing a role model for kids to change their lives.  Not just to continue being what is acceptable in a horrible condition.   I am sorry but just because he coaches football and gives from his abundance of money doesnt make him a good guy, when he does it and provides a bad example for the kids.

And just for argument sake, if you took your kid to a camp and the guy running it called them a slur, would you continue to think he was a "good guy"?

Take into consideration where Lynch was raised and his childhood. You will never understand what he grew up like, but you can at least try.

If you try then you can at least try to understand the other perspective. Most of us, including myself, live with so much privilege we don't even realize it. 

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Lets be clear, this "slur" you keep mentioning is that he called a group of kids "pussies" and some f-bombs in the middle of a drill, because they didnt want to hit each other, and then refused to do laps, and then their mom stormed the field as a helicopter parent to protect their precious little angel from having to listen to a coach. BFD.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Lets be clear, this "slur" you keep mentioning is that he called a group of kids "pussies" because they didnt want to hit each other, and then refused to do laps, and then their mom stormed the field as a helicopter parent to protect their precious little angel. BFD.

Pretty sure your post here shows exactly why you think Lynch is a good guy.    These kids werent teenagers, as young as nine years old.   He was also using other colorful language beyond what you posted here, but its all good because he's a swell guy.  

I am sure youd be cool with another person calling your kid that, or the other things he was calling them during the instruction.