Jags fire OC Defilippo

Reed83HOF

Man Marrone is a quality con man. How this guy still has a job and has gotten rid of everybody else is beyond me. How he even got another job after quitting on the Bills is beyond me. And again, this guy's situation is one of the reasons people get so pissed when guys like Eric Bieniemy and Kris Richard can't sniff a job and Steve Wilks gets one year. Oh well. Marrone is a loser. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Your anti Wentz gibberish is as bad as most Allen haters around here. 

To be fair Wentz was bad for 3/4s of this season in a way that really can't just be put down to injuries around him. He played very well down the stretch though. I'm still not sure Philly have really worked out what his exact skillset is. What are the things he does best and how do we build that offense for him?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I never even bought the hype on him as a QB coach. I felt Frank Reich was the guy behind that offense in Philly at the time and I still think that.

He did a decent job in Cleveland as QB coach several years ago. As well as with Derek Carr when he first came into the league. Might even be a good HC (Leader of men), not sure. Don’t think OC is the right role. 

8 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

he has really cheerful media sessions

They guy that I kind of feel for is Dave Caldwell the GM. He was put in a no win spot there by the owner with the hiring of Coughlin. For now Dave keeps his Job. Dave is a Buffalo guy. If he leaves Jax and some of the Bills FO gets picked off, love to see him in Buffalo as an Asst GM or head of scouting. 

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

They guy that I kind of feel for is Dave Caldwell the GM. He was put in a no win spot there by the owner with the hiring of Coughlin. For now Dave keeps his Job. Dave is a Buffalo guy. If he leaves Jax and some of the Bills FO gets picked off, love to see him in Buffalo as an Asst GM or head of scouting. 

I don’t feel bad for him.  He’s gotten a lot of chances in Jacksonville.  To his credit he was able to build a good defense thanks to constantly drafting at the Top of each draft class.

He had a terrible 2013 draft and his high picks never really materialized.

Sans a ridiculously good 2016 draft class, his draft record is very spotty.  

His big whiffed big time on Blake Bortles which killed the franchise and the Nick Foles signing looks to handicap the franchise in dead cap space for years.  

How many botched attempts to find a coach and QB does he get?  He probably should be fired.  

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t feel bad for him.  He’s gotten a lot of chances in Jacksonville.  To his credit he was able to build a good defense thanks to constantly drafting at the Top of each draft class.

He had a terrible 2013 draft and his high picks never really materialized.

Sans a ridiculously good 2016 draft class, his draft record is very spotty.  

His big whiffed big time on Blake Bortles which killed the franchise and the Nick Foles signing looks to handicap the franchise in dead cap space for years.  

How many botched attempts to find a coach and QB does he get?  He probably should be fired.  

Bortles is on him for sure. I think he tried to hard his first year to find a QB. I like what Beane and McDermott did. 

The Foles experiment I feel like was maybe more a Coughlin thing.
Dave kind find talent.