Pending unrestricted free agent Jadeveon Clowney wants to play for contender

10 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'd be looking for players that say "How can I help get the team there" as opposed to "Who gonna get me there". 

That's the type of attitude that just wouldn't do well with the players we have that believe in the 1/11. Clowney can be a Clown elsewhere.

you mean like Shaq chasin cash Lawson and Jordan top 3 Phillips?

free agents talk about things they want. That he wants to win is a pro for him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

And I thought I was the negative one on this board. Why wouldn't he consider us? We have a solid defense that he would only make better and we have a real shot at winning the division next year. If we also signed a CB before him, that could even make the Bills even more attractive. The real issue is price. He's the best DE on the market, but is he the best pass rusher???

The Bills were in on trading for Clowney.

Now they can get him without giving up draft capitol.

I would say the Bills SERIOUS contenders to land him.

I know McBeane view him as a perfect fit for this D. 

His value as a run defender will be worth its weight in gold to this team.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I don't get how people can call him out for saying he wants to play for a contendor.

Would it be better if he said, "I want to get paid, that's what matters, and at the end of the day I don't care where I play?"

it’s this bit really.... 

Who's going to get me there? I ain't looking to get on no sorry team for no money. That ain't going to fly. I ain't gonna put my body through all of that just to lose no 16 games,

On 1/13/2020 at 7:59 AM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Clowney strikes me as the type who will play for the Pat*#$@, thinking they're going to the Super Bowl next year, because PFF and ESPN and the national polls and Vegas like them... let him join the Evil (crumbling) Empire, if you ask me.

What would be hilarious is if he went to the Pats, the Pats won like 4-6 games, and the Seachickens went to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

If he were to sign with us. Means he thinks we're contenders. Not a bad thing given he's choosing where to go for FA. Lots of FAs have this attitude. It's part of what they've worked for.

Free Agency is always me me me. They're choosing where to take their careers. It's entirely about where they want to go.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

To beat Wastson, Mahomes, and Jadckson having a freak on the defensive line is going to be needed.  I know Buffalo needs offensive weapons.  I believe Buffalo needs a premier player as well.  With the cap space Buffalo possesses they have the ability to get any FA.  In FA go to 1. Where the talent is 2. Where value is.  Clowney is a top talent.  

On 1/13/2020 at 8:06 AM, davefan66 said:

He'll be looking for $15 million or more per season.  Top guys get $20 million per year - Ware and Frank Clark.

Not interested in busting our salary cap for him.  Plenty of guys looking at large contracts over the next few years - White, Allen, Milano, Dawkins.  With our defense, we could use a stellar DE, but are good enough without him as a unit.  Would rather throw money at Jordan Philips.

No to Clowney and No to Jordan!  Not they way our plan works.