Can someone explain the Tyler Kroft love to me?

I see people assuming we’ll keep him and that we’re kind of set at TE.

I’d like to understand the Tyler Kroft love - what do people see in him that’s promising?

He kind of had an uninspiring college career at Rutgers.  He backed up Tyler Eifert with the Bengals, did some good stuff in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, then broke his own foot in 2018 and again in 2019 off-season.

So he kind of had one good year in 2017.  When given a chance to “show out” this season, he’s seeemd decidedly “meh” to me.

What am I missing?  Explain the Kroft love to me.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’d like to understand the Tyler Kroft love - what do people see in him that’s promising?

He kind of had an uninspiring college career at Rutgers.  He backed up Tyler Eifert with the Bengals, did some good stuff in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, then broke his own foot in 2018 and again in 2019 off-season.

So he kind of had one good year in 2017.  When given a chance to “show out” this season, he’s seeemd decidedly “meh” to me.

Has anyone said they love Tyler Kroft? From anything I've read about him, people think he's a waste of money. Where are you getting this from?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only love for Kroft I have is, I'd love to see him go.??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Has anyone said they love Tyler Kroft? From anything I've read about him, people think he's a waste of money. Where are you getting this from?

He caught the game winning TD to put us in the playoffs.  What a winner 

• Like (+1) 1

Not feeling the love here, either. Having already dumped Clay and ahead of the Draft, McB jumped on him early in FA because he’s a vet and was available with our TE cupboard completely bare. Not the case this offseason. For him to stick around, he’s gonna have to take a page from the  Croom Manuscript and charm Jessica P into dating him.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The position needs to be improved next year as I don’t see Kroft,  Smith Knox & Sweeney getting it done... 

Why not? All 3 of our young TES have shown promise, don't forget Croom. There is no reason to spend a lot at TE. Develop your own. 

Knox had a very good year by rookie TE standards. He reminds me a lot of young George Kittle. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I’m confused as I think everyone agrees with you Hap.  I haven’t seen any love for him or anyone high on him.  Closest I’ve seen really is some people assume he will be here next year more so just because the they think the staff will give him a shot to come in healthy.  Not because anyone is high on him really. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why not? All 3 of our young TES have shown promise, don't forget Croom. There is no reason to spend a lot at TE. Develop your own. 

Knox had a very good year by rookie TE standards. He reminds me a lot of young George Kittle. 

Because an upgrade will be available in FA from Kroft and I think they need it...

It appears you don’t agree so I guess I’ll leave it at that...