Shurmur off the Market- Picked up by Denver for OC

Well it looks like Daboll is going to be here much to the dismay of many a Bills fan.  I was kind of hoping Shurmur might slip through to us, but Denver moved quick.

I guess it's good that Josh has another year of continuity with Daboll. If we see big improvements and make a deep run, I wonder how many looks he will get as a Head Coach for 2020.

Do you think the McDermitt tree may one day be like Bellicheck or Reid?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-will-reportedly-hire-ex-giants-head-coach-pat-shurmur-as-offensive-coordinator/

Edited by BillsRdue

I am glad that Daboll will be working with JA next season. Getting rid of Daboll at this stage of Josh's development would either set him back years or completely destroy his career all together. Next season is pretty much a make or break year for our young QB. He needs all the continuity and consistency he can get, to go along with an infusion of talent on the offensive side of the ball. You can't draft a player 7th overall and then continue to keep making excuses for him when he underperforms on the field. I am already fired up about next season. I am extremely confident with higher expectations, Josh will perform at a fantastic level as will our offense. With the way our defense played this year if our offense can increase their production we will not only be fun to watch. The team will be highly successful as well.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So this is the move that tells us Daboll will be back?

Thanks...

Pretty much. Most staffs are filled out now or in the process of adding coordinators. Daboll isn't making a lateral move and there was some rumors that McD liked Shurmur.  Not that it is laid to rest, seems like our coaching staff with Washington is complete.