Who’s the one FA you want in 2020?

McBean

Conklin or an Edge (Yannik).  Mariota is a great choice as backup, but I see him in NE or somewhere where he could start. 

I’d go for quality over quantity in FA this year. We need elite talent.  Does not necessarily have to be a expensive (could be a Hyde type signing), but a guy like Conklin will be and is worth it IMO.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

In your defense, you did hand out one of those contracts on defense last year, and it didn’t exactly work out.   Hopefully for y’all, CJ stays healthy in 2020. 

Paying an ILB 17MM a year was pretty stupid, but CJ Mosley at least is the type of guy who will always play hard. 

A lot of these guys mail it in once they get paid. 

Look at who the Jets recently gave out big $ to: 

Darrelle Revis (2nd tour was a complete mail in)

Mo Wilk (Mailed it in)

Trumaine Johnson (Mailed it in)

CJ Mosley (Injured)

Kelechi Osemele (sued the team)

LeVeon Bell (Ineffective)

The best free agent moves are often the ones you don’t make. 

Edited by JetsFan20

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So you created a new thread to disguise another “I’m not sold on Josh Allen.”  

Court Martial offense indeed, Lieutenant 

2 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

For me?

Marcus Mariota.

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

- Sometimes a change of scenery and a fresh start can do wonders- not that it would for Mariota but you never know. Brett Favre was traded away from Atlanta and we saw how that went down. 

For me, I would love Henry but I really believe the Titans tag him if they can’t get a hometown discount, team Friendly deal because they do not have a ton of cap space. That said, Amari Cooper if the Texans let him walk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You need to change your name because the real McBeane isnt that dumb. Mariota does nothing for us,  we need someone who can actually help us win.

going for RT Jack Conklin.

Because Barkley is so good. Brady would be an upgrade over him at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m going to stir the pot here...

For me?

Marcus Mariota.

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

I agree with your assessment of Allen, but the Barkley criticism is kind of unwarranted for quite a few reasons. 

Mariota is a joke imo, and isn't even worthy of a backup position.  He will flame out of the league in the next 2-3 years. 

Qb in free agency is one of the last needs of this team. 

My top pick in FA is either LB, Wr, or DE.   There are a few top ones at each postion and id happy with any one of them being filled with someone who fits the current culture of the team.  Id leave that decision up to Beane and McD because they havea finger on the pulse of the team and will bring in the proper fit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

- Sometimes a change of scenery and a fresh start can do wonders- not that it would for Mariota but you never know. Brett Favre was traded away from Atlanta and we saw how that went down. 

Not saying a change in scenery and a fresh can't help, but to compare Favre's and Mariota's situation as anything closed to the same is laughable. Favre only played 1 season with the Falcons attempting 4 passes all year. He was traded because the coach(Glanville) disagreed with the Front Office and refused to play him. Glanville at one point said "It would take a plane crash" for Favre to get any playing time. The front office was offered the 19th pick by the Packers that offseason and the rest is history.

Mariota on the other hand has had 5 seasons with the Titans, just shy of 4 1/2 as the starter.

4 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Not saying a change in scenery and a fresh can't help, but to compare Favre's and Mariota's situation as anything closed to the same is laughable. Favre only played 1 season with the Falcons attempting 4 passes all year. He was traded because the coach(Glanville) disagreed with the Front Office and refused to play him. Glanville at one point said "It would take a plane crash" for Favre to get any playing time. The front office was offered the 19th pick by the Packers that offseason and the rest is history.

Mariota on the other hand has had 5 seasons with the Titans, just shy of 4 1/2 as the starter.

I was prepared for this- I am not comparing them, just pointing out that no one knew Favre would go on to have the career he had. Mariota has a nice tool set but hit a rough patch. I don’t know if he is able to salvage his career or not but it is a possibility. When posters on this board use derogatory statements like “laughable” it adds no value. I try hard to not disrespect people on here. Guys like Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner blossomed late. 

Edited by billsfan_34

I think I’d say a pass rusher. Ngakoue, Clowney, Vic Beasley even? I just want a guy who can be a consistent 8-10 and allow them to 1) wait until the 2nd round to draft a DE 2) cut Murphy after the draft.

a 4 man oration of Vic Beasley/Hughes on one end, and Shaq/2nd round pick on the other end would be a solid rotation in my estimation. 

16 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I agree with your assessment of Allen, but the Barkley criticism is kind of unwarranted for quite a few reasons.

If nothing else this place is good for a laugh.

Barkley is horrible, 10 TDs  21 INTs in his career(INT% of 6.1), career QB Rating of 65.7 and has only 2 pretty good games in his 7 year career. He shouldn't even be a backup in this league.

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I was prepared for this- I am not comparing them, just pointing out that no one knew Favre would go on to have the career he had. Mariota has a nice tool set but hit a rough patch. I don’t know if he is able to salvage his career or not but it is a possibility. When posters on this board use derogatory statements like “laughable” it adds no value. I try hard to not disrespect people on here. Guys like Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner blossomed late. 

Ron Wolfe thought he was the best player in the 1991 draft and traded the 19th pick in the 1992 draft even though Favre drafted in the 2nd round just one year prior and flunked the physical due to a hip injury from a car wreck. Wolfe waived the contingency for a physical because the team doctor wouldn't pass him. Based on that information, I'm pretty sure Wolfe knew Favre was special.

And stop with the it's derogatory to say their situations are anything close to the same is laughable, it's not.

For every Gannon & Warner there's hundreds that don't blossom late and see their careers run short. Mariota has been going backwards for 3 straight years, chances are he doesn't ever return to the numbers he had in his 2nd year.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

1A. Jordan Phillips

1B. Shaq Lawson

I actually don't want Jordan Phillips back that much. At least not at his price. We've got Phillips coming back. I'de rather invest on the edge. If you take Phillips + Murphy you have around $15-17 million. I'de rather spend that on a DE. 

I would also try to re-sign Shaq. 

The free agent I want to sign the most is Yannick Njakoue.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Ron Wolfe thought he was the best player in the 1991 draft and traded the 19th pick in the 1992 draft even though Favre drafted in the 2nd round just one year prior and flunked the physical due to a hip injury from a car wreck. Wolfe waived the contingency for a physical because the team doctor wouldn't pass him. Based on that information, I'm pretty sure Wolfe knew Favre was special.

And stop with the it's derogatory to say their situations are anything close to the same is laughable, it's not.

For every Gannon & Warner there's hundreds that don't blossom late and see their careers run short. Mariota has been going backwards for 3 straight years, chances are he doesn't ever return to the numbers he had in his 2nd year.

Ok you win. Take care. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, peterpan said:

Maybe Amari Cooper.  

I'd like Clowney but really should be on O.

Process guys? I think not.

3 hours ago, krf139 said:

When anyone raises the slightest ounce of skepticism of Josh and our bottom 5 pass offense, they are immediately dismissed on this board.  Very odd 

and You’re next.

• Haha (+1) 2