Who’s the one FA you want in 2020?

McBean

I’m going to stir the pot here...

For me?

Marcus Mariota.

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 

Who is your number 1 target and why?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, McBean said:

For me?

Marcus Mariota.

The kid had a new offensive coordinator every season in Tennessee, they refused to hand the ball to Henry when he was at QB, and he’s already had huge success before in the league.

Before you all flame away, he would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Barkley, and what has Tennessee/Philadelphia showed us the past few years? Never hurts to have a good QB 2.

Lastly, I’m not sold on Josh Allen. I was extremely bullish on him early on but towards the end of the season my optimism has faded. 

You need to change your name because the real McBeane isnt that dumb. Mariota does nothing for us,  we need someone who can actually help us win.

going for RT Jack Conklin.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Derrick Henry. If he does become  available I think the Bill's should pay what it takes to get him here. I have heard and said, "you shouldn't pay big $$ for RB's"... but this guy would make us SB contenders without really doing much else IMO.add another solid draft and we could be the 1 seed ne t year

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, McBean said:

Why even say this if you're just going to say this right after?

12 minutes ago, McBean said:

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So you created a new thread to disguise another “I’m not sold on Josh Allen.”  

No?

I just gave my reasons for why I think Mariota would be a great addition to this team.

I want Josh to start next year and be great! It doesn’t hurt having a good backup in place though. Did you watch us play the Jets this season?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Why even say this if you're just going to this right after?

Am I not allowed to voice on here that I’m

not 100% sold on our QB?

I haven’t bashed the kid at all, just stated I’m not sold. Why is that so bad?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

No?

I just gave my reasons for why I think Mariota would be a great addition to this team.

I want Josh to start next year and be great! It doesn’t hurt having a good backup in place though. Did you watch us play the Jets this season?

Then you should have stopped after your second point as an improvement over Barkley.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

not 100% sold on our QB?

I just think it's kind of funny to basically say don't worry I'm not saying we should replace Allen and then basically follow it up with I'm not sure we don't need to replace Allen.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

No?

not 100% sold on our QB?

Say what you want.  Some of us are keen on your intent, which is to disguise your “not sold” bit in a new thread about looking to upgrade the back-up QB.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, McBean said:

For me?

Marcus Mariota.

Mariota stinks. I think Barkley is better than him. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ll ignore the Allen part, but Mariota will have a better shot at starting somewhere else. If you don’t think he’s looking to start next season you’re not playing with a full deck of cards here. He’s not going to buffalo to be a backup. Patriots, Panthers, Dolphins, Steelers, Indy, maybe LA are all more attractive jobs to someone who wants a chance to start 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, McBean said:

No?

not 100% sold on our QB?

When anyone raises the slightest ounce of skepticism of Josh and our bottom 5 pass offense, they are immediately dismissed on this board.  Very odd 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1