Watching the playoffs and this team was closer to a superbowl than we think

Hebert19

14 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Sorry but we can't do what the Texans or the Chiefs did in the 1st half offensively.

Defensively we're there, but we are miles away from scoring 28 points on the Ravens or 24 (Texans) or 28 like the Chiefs in the 1st half.

Until we have some 30 point games on teams outside of the Dolphins we're still far away.

Won’t need 30 with the Bills defense. But 17 won’t get it done. Score 24-27 and Bills can win it all. Need a few more pieces . 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Won’t need 30 with the Bills defense. But 17 won’t get it done. Score 24-27 and Bills can win it all. Need a few more pieces . 

See that's McDermott's thinking and it's wrong. You don't know when the Chiefs are going to score 28 points in a half.

The league's rules are all pro-offense. You might have to score 30 and the day you need to you have to have the scheme and players to do so. I don't know about the talent, we might have it, but we don't have the coaching and mindset to do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JK Fan said:

There is not one team in the AFC that is dominating anymore.  The future is bright for the Bills and I believe we are at the start of something big.

The Titans may not be dominating but what ever they did last night was pretty dam close & i don't think any one in the AFC can beat them right now the way their D is playing !! 

Good D + Great running game + QB with the highest passer rating in the league = SB appearance ...

The Bills will be in the hunt for a while to come !! GO BILLS !! 

Edited by T master

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

This year was a huge missed opportunity. Favorable schedule and much aligned for us. Had great energy and momentum as a team. No telling how the stars will align next year and at least at first glance a tougher schedule.

Tougher over all schedule. stronger team, and weaker division. Pats no Brady. I can see same record as Divisional champs 10-6. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

AFC is terrible. Bills could beat any of these teams.   Any give Sunday in AFC this year. Hope it's just the start for us and we didnt miss an opportunity 

This was the season of opportunity and Beane is going to need to add some offensive talent if they intend to take the next step,  don't want to see another Chicago Bears repeat.  Today the Chiefs are showing Beane & Sean that you need to score TD'S to win in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 2

Imo, we seem really close when watching the Ravens vs Titans game, but seem far from contending when watching the Chiefs vs Texans. So what do I take from that ? I think it means next year will teach us a lot. We get the chance to compete against almost all the big boys next season. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Inversely it means that this team is a few plays away from 8-8 because on any given Sunday in the AFC...

2 examples:

1. 1st jets game. It’s the only game we won where we lost the QB differential. Darnold also had mono. 

2. TEN. They missed 4 field goals and had 2 TDS called back. Mariota was benched shortly after. We won 14-7. 

If you're gonna go that route then you have to realize our starters would've played the last game against the Jets. They barely beat our back ups.

54 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

See that's McDermott's thinking and it's wrong. You don't know when the Chiefs are going to score 28 points in a half.

The league's rules are all pro-offense. You might have to score 30 and the day you need to you have to have the scheme and players to do so. I don't know about the talent, we might have it, but we don't have the coaching and mindset to do that.

Exactly. Some think that our D can shutdown everyone each week, that’s not reality. There’s no guarantee you can hold a team like the Chiefs under 30. Sure, we shutdown Jackson, but Mahomes doesn’t have those type of flaws. Eventually you need to score points to win games.

People talk about how the Titans are doing it with D and the run game, but the Titans also beat the Chiefs 35-32 this season. They’ve won in the playoffs with our style of football, but can still put points on the board. We have no chance of sustainable success if we keep scoring 20 or less every game. I can’t fathom how anyone thinks we can do so. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Inversely it means that this team is a few plays away from 8-8 because on any given Sunday in the AFC...

2 examples:

1. 1st jets game. It’s the only game we won where we lost the QB differential. Darnold also had mono. 

2. TEN. They missed 4 field goals and had 2 TDS called back. Mariota was benched shortly after. We won 14-7. 

All very true, but I think we grew as a team over the course of the season. Even the playoff loss felt like a stepping stone. We’ll know more next year. Fingers crossed. 

• Like (+1) 1