Did anyone else realize Packers have our ex-coordinators

6 hours ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

I don’t know how I didn’t know this but Hackett and Pettine are their OC and DC!?! Am I the only one?

When I heard Pettine I was surprised.

I only have learned Hackett due to this thread. And that to me is shocking. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Did you know George Edwards has been the Vikings DC for a while now? We hated him, been pretty good for them.

He was horrible in Buffalo and likely cost Chan his job.

He’s been good in Minnesota where Mike Zimmer runs the defense 

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah. They’re just a boring team to me though. 

Pettine wasn’t terrible. Hackett is mediocre but has an NFL surname. He didn’t have much to work with in BUF at QB though. Or in JAX. 

And he probably doesn’t do a whole lot of work in Green Bay with Aaron Rogers calling the shots at QB

6 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Hackett is OC, but I believe LeFleur calls the plays. Which means Hacketts really just responsible for keeping Rodgers happy. 

His game plan here was "Run CJ Spiller until he pukes".. Not a very good candidate for OC if you ask me.

Edited by TuelTime
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sullim4 said:

When was the last time this board was happy with a Bills offensive coordinator?

I was happy with Greg Roman. We had a top 10 offense and Tyrod had his best season under him. He got the most out of Taylor. Wreks fired him for no reason when the defense was the clear issue.

But besides Roman it's been a long while.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, tcampbell104 said:

why do coordinators who sucked here go to other teams and have success? better talent.

Also, they may not be the real coordinators.  I don't know if th HC is also the OC in Green Bay

Pettine was decent in Buffalo but he took the HCing job in Cleveland. This move opened the door for Jim Schwartz in Buffalo and under Schwartz the Bills defense went from 20th in points allowed, 10th in yards to #4 overall. The reason both defenses were acclaimed was because the Bills fielded a fierce pass rush with Mario Williams all pro, pro bowl, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus all pro pro bowl.

2013 Buffalo Bills under Mike Pettine #1 pass rush in the NFL with 57 sacks. 2014 Buffalo Bills under Jim Schwartz #1 pass rush in the NFL with 54 sacks.

Nathaniel Hackett was fired in Jacksonville 2018 after QB Blake Bortles fell on his face again. Yes, Hackett is listed as the Packers OC but I highly doubt he calls plays. In fact...

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Matt-LaFleur-Packers-head-coach-call-offensive-plays--127600375/

"I absolutely intend on calling the plays and certainly there are challenges in regards to that, certainly when you're making adjustments when the defense is out there," LaFleur said. "That's why it's so important to me to hire quality people around me because I'm going to need guys in those spots so that I can attend to whatever it is we're doing on offense."

In the preseason LaFleur handed the play calling off to QB coach Luke Getsy for a time over Hackett. When you think about it LaFleur didn't call the offensive plays with the Rams in 2017 as Sean McVay called them. He must have put together some great game plans and was hired by the Titans to run their offense in 2018 who were 27th in points,25th in yards. Many were scratching their heads with this hire...not anymore though. 

LaFleur does something called "double call" in which the HC (LaFleur) calls two plays at a time and allows Aaron Rodgers to choose which one he wants to use. Rodgers will also have the option to make changes beyond the plays he is given. 

Pettine was good here, our defense jumped up significantly when he was in charge. I couldn’t believe it when the Browns hired him as head coach, he was a real dark horse, I had a feeling they were gonna do it to us again with Daboll.