Texans vs Chiefs

Steptide

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Well even though his season predictions didn't pan out, and if the Chiefs end up winning the SB, I bet we'll be seeing a lot more of @Zerovoltz again. :lol:

I just read this entire thread......entertaining to say the least.

Couple things here...

1.  KC's D didn't play that bad.  the first TD, blown coverage was AWFUL.....but Houston's other points were on a blocked punt, and a 6 yard short field after a muffed punt....their offense was mostly garbage time yards.  KC also benefitted from short fields after the Houston punt fake and kick off fumble..but KC also had some LONG drives...one was 90 yards in the 3rd quarter.  ....Also...Alex Smith had Andy Ried and Kelce and Hill...AND KAREEM HUNT leading the NFL in rushing and he couldn't touch Mahomes production....Yes, we have good weapons in KC....but Mahomes is amazing.  .....and I have also seen nation media and fans alike with the continued stupid take of "keep Mahomes in the pocket" .....Do people not understand his QB rating is HIGHER when he stands in the pocket as opposed to running around?  I think folks just see some of his throws on the run and assume you don't want him getting rolling out of the pocket.....not true.

2.  I also love the lazy narrative about the Titans.  New England held them to 14 points.  It's not like they just stomped the Pats into the ground.  Brady just has fallen off enough that they couldn't socre.  The Ravens had drives end inside the 15, the 18, the 20 the 32, and the 35 and had 12 points to show for all that mess.  The Titans weren't stopping any of that...The ravens had turnovers and TWO failures on 4th and 1 that ended drives.   ....Prior to that Baltimore game..and it held true....when Lamar Jackson trails by 2 scores, his QB rating is 60.  You make him have to pass to get back into a game, he becomes what people always thought he was....a really good athletic QB, that isn't a great passer.  Ryan Tannehill has combined for 160 passing yards in two playoff games.  KC is a 7.5 favorite to open.  KC is going to CRUSH them like little bugs.

3.  You might recall, KC lost to the Titans in tennesee this year.  .....in that game, KC had a fumble returned for a TD, had a FG blocked late, then after TENN had scored with 30 seconds left, KC still got into FG position to tie the game, but the snap was botched.  KC had 530 total yard to TEN's 371.  Tannehill had 181 passing.  They were 2-8 on thrid down conversions.  KC won TOP 37 to 23.  If you played that game 20 times, KC wins it 19 times.  the Titans played their 1 game that they win because KC had some bad turnovers, bad special teams play....and damn near still had it anyhow.  

When you have Pat Mahomes.  you are NOT out of a game, ever.  

6 hours ago, arcane said:

People were exposing themselves as people to never be taken remotely seriously because of this subject...in this very thread, let alone a month ago.

I thank you personally for the entertainment your posts, and continued projections of football intelligence that never waiver despite any given turn of events, have brought me in my read-through of this thread

Who are you?

The playoffs is a good reminder of how much an elite or even borderline elite pass catcher can do for a QB that can get them the football. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm still broken hearted over losing Sammy.

Is this still a passing league?  The Titans think not as they prepare for the explosive and pass happy Chiefs. The league has seen its share of high powered Offenses, but what Mahomes and the Chiefs did on Sunday vs the Texans was absolutely amazing.

We didn't go far this post season, but Its nice to hear Buffalo back in the conversation... 

Edited by Figster

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Honest question: do you think Chiefs would be favored vs Niners?

It is a really good question too. I think the Chiefs offense will move it against the 49ers secondary. The question would be can Mahomes get away from pressure because there will be plays where the pass rush beats the average KC pass blocking. On the other side the Chiefs weakness is stopping the run, they do a decent job at mixing coverages on the back end but they can be run on. I think the Titans problem will be if they get behind and can't stick with the run. The 49ers are probably better set up to cope with that. I'd make the 9ers slight favourites because I think they are more well rounded. But Mahomes can win a game even when he shouldn't. And that is the thing the 49ers don't have. That special talent at Quarterback.

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a really good question too. I think the Chiefs offense will move it against the 49ers secondary. The question would be can Mahomes get away from pressure because there will be plays where the pass rush beats the average KC pass blocking. On the other side the Chiefs weakness is stopping the run, they do a decent job at mixing coverages on the back end but they can be run on. I think the Titans problem will be if they get behind and can't stick with the run. The 49ers are probably better set up to cope with that. I'd make the 9ers slight favourites because I think they are more well rounded. But Mahomes can win a game even when he shouldn't. And that is the thing the 49ers don't have. That special talent at Quarterback.

That’s how I see it too.  I’m hesitant to bet against the Titans after what they’ve done over the past 8 weeks, but if they fall behind vs KC, they won’t be able to catch up.  If Kelce  isn’t healthy, that would be a problem for the Chiefs, though.  He was unstoppable yesterday and is a key to what they do.

The 49ers are the most well-rounded team in the league, and they would probably would be about a 3-point favorite vs KC because of that defense and running attack, but Mahomes v Garappolo is advantage KC. It would be a very attractive Super Bowl matchup (including the two best TEs in the league) so I’m sure one of them will lose on Sunday.

9 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Romeo Crennel at 73 years old should not be calling the defense. 

That was an embarrassment. 

Think that is the end for Romeo. It isn't all on him though. O'Brien and his slew of GMs / personnel people have struggled to replace their ageing stars on that side of the ball and then let the two difference makers still in their prime - Mathieu and Clowney - walk out of the building.

12 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I just read this entire thread......entertaining to say the least.

Couple things here...

1.  KC's D didn't play that bad.  the first TD, blown coverage was AWFUL.....but Houston's other points were on a blocked punt, and a 6 yard short field after a muffed punt....their offense was mostly garbage time yards.  KC also benefitted from short fields after the Houston punt fake and kick off fumble..but KC also had some LONG drives...one was 90 yards in the 3rd quarter.  ....Also...Alex Smith had Andy Ried and Kelce and Hill...AND KAREEM HUNT leading the NFL in rushing and he couldn't touch Mahomes production....Yes, we have good weapons in KC....but Mahomes is amazing.  .....and I have also seen nation media and fans alike with the continued stupid take of "keep Mahomes in the pocket" .....Do people not understand his QB rating is HIGHER when he stands in the pocket as opposed to running around?  I think folks just see some of his throws on the run and assume you don't want him getting rolling out of the pocket.....not true.

2.  I also love the lazy narrative about the Titans.  New England held them to 14 points.  It's not like they just stomped the Pats into the ground.  Brady just has fallen off enough that they couldn't socre.  The Ravens had drives end inside the 15, the 18, the 20 the 32, and the 35 and had 12 points to show for all that mess.  The Titans weren't stopping any of that...The ravens had turnovers and TWO failures on 4th and 1 that ended drives.   ....Prior to that Baltimore game..and it held true....when Lamar Jackson trails by 2 scores, his QB rating is 60.  You make him have to pass to get back into a game, he becomes what people always thought he was....a really good athletic QB, that isn't a great passer.  Ryan Tannehill has combined for 160 passing yards in two playoff games.  KC is a 7.5 favorite to open.  KC is going to CRUSH them like little bugs.

3.  You might recall, KC lost to the Titans in tennesee this year.  .....in that game, KC had a fumble returned for a TD, had a FG blocked late, then after TENN had scored with 30 seconds left, KC still got into FG position to tie the game, but the snap was botched.  KC had 530 total yard to TEN's 371.  Tannehill had 181 passing.  They were 2-8 on thrid down conversions.  KC won TOP 37 to 23.  If you played that game 20 times, KC wins it 19 times.  the Titans played their 1 game that they win because KC had some bad turnovers, bad special teams play....and damn near still had it anyhow.  

When you have Pat Mahomes.  you are NOT out of a game, ever.  

I wouldn't be worried about what Tannehill is going to do. Worry about Henry. If he rushes for close to 200 for a third game in a row, I'm going to bet odds that the titans are going to the superbowl. That's their game right now. Run the ball, bleed the clock. Keep the other O off the field while wearing down the D. Old school football that was thought to be dead, but is live and well in the championship game. 

If they cant run the ball, it will get ugly quick and KC will crush them.

There are few things more entertaining than reading a game day thread after the game is over.

First quarter: OMG! The Bills should be hosting the AFC championship game! This hurts worse than our loss to Houston! It's too bad Allen sucks!

Second quarter: OMG! Suck it, Houston! I hope you choke this one away. Oh, and Allen still sucks!

Third quarter: OMG! I can't believe this Houston defense held the Bills! Allen sucks again! And so does Daboll!

Fourth quarter: OMG! Mahomes is amazing! Kelce is a stud! Allen sucks more than he did in the first three quarters!

Thanks for the entertainment. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Did Shady McCoy play in this game? I don't see him is stat box.

Watkins had 3 touches for 90 yards. 1 carry and 2 receptions of 2 targets. I would take him back )

Nope. Hasn't played in a month.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think that is the end for Romeo. It isn't all on him though. O'Brien and his slew of GMs / personnel people have struggled to replace their ageing stars on that side of the ball and then let the two difference makers still in their prime - Mathieu and Clowney - walk out of the building.

Seems like a "generation gap" problem, with the HC and his staff unable/unwilling to work with young stars with some 'tude, like Honey Badger and Clowney.   

Unfortunately for BoB, that dog don't hunt in the NFL anymore...