Bills fan claims huge memory loss after stadium incident.

Beast

On 1/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, StHustle said:

Sounds bogus to have that sort of damage from someone falling on you. However, if she is lying to get a payday then she may as well go to Hollywood and get it honestly cause she is putting on one heck of an acting job.

In short, none of us can say if this is fact or fiction, but if true, its definitely some very rare, freak incident that would likely never happen again at a Bills game. Either way it looks like she will be a multi millionaire from this.

No shot. doubt even the security companys insurance company will agree to any of this. it will open up a huge can of worms for the future. there will be so many lawsuits of people claiming they don't remember anything from their past. its not like its a spinal injury that confines someone to a wheelchair . anybody could say they lost their memory there is no way to diagnose it unless they take some sort of polygraph test maybe.

40 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I got a concussion in high school and its no joke. I had a hard time remembering things and places for several weeks. I feel terrible for this women. I can't even imagine if this happened to my wife.

As for the lawsuit, as someone said earlier in the thread, bad things happen to people. I know someone who was in a car accident and had a broken collerbone. Couldnt work and she is self employed. The guy had some BS insurance that wouldnt even cover the cost of her now totaled car. So she missed work, lost wages, needs a new car and its because some guy ran a red light? She hired a lawyer to make sure she got was she was entitled to and all those things were now covered

Why shouldn't someone get what they are entitled to in a situation like that? Or for this poor women? 

this is the reason you don't take women and children to football games especially in the 300 section where the hardcore unruly fans sit and go wild.

A guy that I know has a son who fell and hit his head on a tile floor.  Kid had no idea who his family was.  Also - the parents are from a Spanish speaking country, but the kid was raised in US, so fluent in both English and Spanish.  He had no idea how to speak or understand Spanish.  No joke.  

15 minutes ago, jughead77777 said:

this is the reason you don't take women and children to football games especially in the 300 section where the hardcore unruly fans sit and go wild.

I'm sorry, but if this is true, the Bills are absolutely responsible.

I mean, if I, as an out-of-town fan wanting to go to a game, go online to buy tickets do they come with a warning "warning do not take women and children to this section it's only for unruly out of control would-be-alpha chest pounding drunken males"?  Because if not, how is some out of town fan know this is a bad idea?

It's an event open to the public with professional security.  There is, or ought to be, a reasonable expectation of personal safety there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/12/2020 at 2:00 PM, NewEra said:

Some really stupid replies here

I sure hope you got a warning for this remark from some over officious moderator.  You're essentially calling other forum members stupid.

I used the widely used innocuous & humorous slang term "snowflake" in a post, did NOT direct it at any users in here, and was slapped with a warning.

I dunno though, maybe it's OK to denigrate other users, but not OK to use words deemed to be politically incorrect. ?

Edited by John in Jax

8 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I sure hope you got a warning for this remark from some over officious moderator.  You're essentially calling other forum members stupid.

I used the widely innocuous & humorous slang term "snowflake" in a post, did NOT direct it at any users in here, and was slapped with a warning.

I dunno though, maybe it's OK to denigrate other users, but not OK to use words deemed to be politically incorrect. ?

No.  I’m 100% NOT calling other forum members stupid.   I’m saying that there were some stupid things said by some forum members.  Many a genius have said stupid things

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I used the widely innocuous & humorous slang term "snowflake" in a post, did NOT direct it at any users in here, and was slapped with a warning.

Strangely enough, I can't find any online definitions of the slang term"snowflake" as "innocuous and humorous".  I can find this:

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.

I agree with NewEra that calling remarks stupid (or a bad take etc) is not the same as calling the person who made the remarks stupid.

The MacDonalds' lawsuit alleges that an allegedly inebriated Bills fan from Canada shoved a female fan who was standing in front of him. The female fan tumbled forward, landing on people sitting in front of her and colliding with the back of Rodriguez-MacDonald’s head, the lawsuit alleges.

CLASS

ACT

If true I hope they take him and to the cleaners.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strangely enough, I can't find any online definitions of the slang term"snowflake" as "innocuous and humorous".  I can find this:

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.

I agree with NewEra that calling remarks stupid (or a bad take etc) is not the same as calling the person who made the remarks stupid.

That's stupid ?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jughead77777 said:

I'm sorry but this is just bull####. Nobody should be worried about their safety at a football game. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Society should never get a free pass because alcohol and football is involved. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Absolutely, if legitimate. But how do you hold the team responsible for an apparently unique event?

You can't really.  Booze is the only thing that may factor in. 

Did the stadium vendors sell them beer?

Did the stadium security allow a drunk into the stadium?

Even if the idiots fighting were stone cold sober the facilities did not factor into the damage received. 

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm sorry but this is just bull####. Nobody should be worried about their safety at a football game. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Society should never get a free pass because alcohol and football is involved. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous IMO

I don't disagree with you but the husband said he's a long time bills fan and has been to over 100 bills game, he should know better.  its craziness up there and anything could happen. not sure it;s worth the risk of having a woman with you as your backup thats just me. terrible it happened but stuff like this happens at bills games all the time. fans are crazy.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:08 PM, chongli said:

For all those complaining about a paywall, you need to clear your cookies. I can read it just fine.

Although not the point of this thread, if you are not in the US (or a very limited list of non-US countries) you can't access it, period.

I.E. for those of us deployed, they just outright block it. Because you know, all the US military who are deployed are hacker/cyber-terrorists.

Yes, I can use a VPN. Which, if I actually were trying to hack the site, is exactly what I would do anyway.

They block it because it doesn't match up with their advertising profile. Even though anything I buy is from the US. Their loss.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jughead77777 said:

I don't disagree with you but the husband said he's a long time bills fan and has been to over 100 bills game, he should know better.  its craziness up there and anything could happen. not sure it;s worth the risk of having a woman with you as your backup thats just me. terrible it happened but stuff like this happens at bills games all the time. fans are crazy.

If you feel like you need "backup" at a Bills game, you might be the problem

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2