Bills fan claims huge memory loss after stadium incident.

Beast

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I have not been able to access buff news articles for a couple of years ever since they implemented the pay wall...

So now you just comment on an article you make up in your own mind, and then double down on your ignorance when called out. 

Brilliant!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Unexpectedly, I could read the article. I feel terribly for her and her family. Life is dangerous, and full of fools all around. Especially in a venue like that. There was apparently wrongdoing, but I won’t point blame, or say who needs to be punished and how much. I’ll just pray for her full recovery, for herself and her family. 

I’m glad I don’t have to settle this. What is the blame? What are the damages? That’s a LOT of gray. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Buffnews has had a pay wall for a few years. Only subscribers may read their articles. 

I am familiar with the situation, however not the details. So yeah, ignorance is bliss. 

I strongly suggest bowing out of this thread and perhaps even deleting your posts. On thing, though - rumor has it that the Buffalo News instituted a paywall. Have you heard anything about that?

On 1/12/2020 at 11:37 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It would be a very difficult sell if shes making it up I feel like...she couldnt work or drive anywhere just has to sit home waiting for payday.  

first of all who takes their wife to a bills game and sits her in the raunchiest, rowdiest area of the stadium ?  where did they think they were going to the opera ?  who says she lost her total memory prior to the incident, her ?  how can this really be diagnosed ?  has she been diagnosed with alzheimers, yes it can happen to someone in their 50s ?  the video doesn't show a clear shove or push and the person who knocked heads with her states they were not pushed. there is nobody to sue here.  to sue the security company is ridiculous.this means you would one security guard for every person at the venue.  to say the kid who pushed the person was drunk cannot be proved. can't prove this knock on the head caused this supposed memory loss.  lawyers will take any case hoping it settles out of court so they can make a buck.  I don't they have a shot here for any compensation.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, Just in Atlanta said:

It could be a scam. But there seems to be validity here. Freak accidents happen and if it did, her life was destroyed by it. Imagine if that happened to your wife. Unless I'm missing something, some of the comments here are downright ignorant and embarrassing. 

theyre not getting compensation from the kid in the # 25 jersey.  the security company will never agree to this because if they did people who get punched or hit in the head can say they forgot everything in their memory bank.  too bad this happened. they might have had a case had she gone off on a stretcher and taken to the hospital by ambulance but proving you forgot stuff is different than just saying it.  even in the unlikely event they're compensated for anything whos to say the memory doesn't return the day they cash the check.  they say they walked a half a mile to their car and complained in the newspaper article that the bills didn't give them a ride.  didn't go see a doctor till the next day.  if you can walk a half mile how bad could you have been. the whole story stinks.

the article also say shes getting better more alert. perhaps the memory came back too . too many holes in this story. they think they're in for a payday I think theyre sadly mistaken.

I got a concussion in high school and its no joke. I had a hard time remembering things and places for several weeks. I feel terrible for this women. I can't even imagine if this happened to my wife.

As for the lawsuit, as someone said earlier in the thread, bad things happen to people. I know someone who was in a car accident and had a broken collerbone. Couldnt work and she is self employed. The guy had some BS insurance that wouldnt even cover the cost of her now totaled car. So she missed work, lost wages, needs a new car and its because some guy ran a red light? She hired a lawyer to make sure she got was she was entitled to and all those things were now covered

Why shouldn't someone get what they are entitled to in a situation like that? Or for this poor women? 

15 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I got a concussion in high school and its no joke. I had a hard time remembering things and places for several weeks. I feel terrible for this women. I can't even imagine if this happened to my wife.

As for the lawsuit, as someone said earlier in the thread, bad things happen to people. I know someone who was in a car accident and had a broken collerbone. Couldnt work and she is self employed. The guy had some BS insurance that wouldnt even cover the cost of her now totaled car. So she missed work, lost wages, needs a new car and its because some guy ran a red light? She hired a lawyer to make sure she got was she was entitled to and all those things were now covered

Why shouldn't someone get what they are entitled to in a situation like that? Or for this poor women? 

Absolutely, if legitimate. But how do you hold the team responsible for an apparently unique event?

Edited by PromoTheRobot