We need a strong power RB next year...Henry/Lynch type.

pgrace245

1 minute ago, pgrace245 said:

Re-sign the solid linemen and cut the strings on the sub par guys. I kinda wish we gave Incognito another shot despite his craziness. Looks like he's a stud for the Raiders. Pay top dollar on having a dominant line!

We can have a dominant line next year, but it probably means re-signing Spain, kicking Ford inside, Feliciano to utility backup and paying big $$$ to Conklin.  Otherwise we have to hope Ford makes a jump (which he certainly could) and that Feliciano gives us more consistency. 

I’m all for it.  

Also would agree with those advocating for Najee Harris.  He’s a speed power back who can catch.  Perfect compliment with Singletary. 

Sign Conklin & Ngakoue

Keep Spain and one of Murphy/Lawson

Rounds 1-3, get 2 WR’s and Najee Harris 

Works for me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm fine with a better option than Gore. McCoy was a better option than Gore.  I'd rather invest in RT than spend a lot in free agency on a RB.

The line needs to get better. We lost the LOS battle in many games and were not good in short yardage. Now some of that is Daboll calling a QB sneak on 3rd and almost two yards, but the line also failed to get the push it needed.

Sadly I don't think Morse will ever be a great run blocking C. Best option to get better on the line is to move Ford to LG and upgrade RT. Can Ford play RT in the NFL? Maybe. OTs take a long time to develop now. Gone are the days of Joe Thomas just coming in and starting right away at a high level. Even if Ford moves to guard for a year and they get a guy like Trent Williams for a year, it does not mean Ford can't transition back to RT. Another year playing in the 3 pt stance and coming off the ball from that stance even if at guard won't hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

Really like Singletary but he does not have speed. 4.66 is not fast in the NFL. He has the wiggle though.  A power back like Dillon, Moss, or Harris would be a perfect compliment. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We can have a dominant line next year, but it probably means re-signing Spain, kicking Ford inside, Feliciano to utility backup and paying big $$$ to Conklin.  Otherwise we have to hope Ford makes a jump (which he certainly could) and that Feliciano gives us more consistency. 

I’m all for it.  

Also would agree with those advocating for Najee Harris.  He’s a speed power back who can catch.  Perfect compliment with Singletary. 

Sign Conklin & Ngakoue

Keep Spain and one of Murphy/Lawson

Rounds 1-3, get 2 WR’s and Najee Harris 

Works for me

Do all of this and hopefully keep our D intact and we are looking pretty next year. You have to be able to run/pass effectively to be successful in NFL. Cant be a one dimensional team. Buffalo needs more deep ball attack next year too.  I hope Buffalo does a better job of luring free agents with the new winning mindset we have. 

5 minutes ago, noacls said:

Really like Singletary but he does not have speed. 4.66 is not fast in the NFL. He has the wiggle though.  A power back like Dillon, Moss, or Harris would be a perfect compliment. 

Someone compared Singletary to former Bill Joe Cribbs and that is not true,  Cribbs was a true breakaway back and Singletary is all about making people miss rather than beating them with speed or power.  I don't believe he has the tools to be starting RB in this league ,  more of complementary player.

You watch Henry and he runs over people and he has also can run past people,  would not be a bad idea to sign former Miami RB Drake who is big and fast if we cannot sign Henry as a free agent.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Probably not. But people didn’t think Henry would turn into Henry when he got picked 

But he was always HUGE and FAST.  Much bigger and faster than Harris

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Someone compared Singletary to former Bill Joe Cribbs and that is not true,  Cribbs was a true breakaway back and Singletary is all about making people miss rather than beating them with speed or power.  I don't believe he has the tools to be starting RB in this league ,  more of complementary player.

You watch Henry and he runs over people and he has also can run past people,  would not be a bad idea to sign former Miami RB Drake who is big and fast.

Singletary is a PERFECT back in a rotation - Paired with either a bruiser and/or a speed guy. 

I also agree that he isn’t a Henry/Bell/Zeke type.  

Hes very, very good, but not a heavy load, all year guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Who’s next? The Bucs!? 

How about we get some talent to not only make the playoffs but win a game,  right now there is not enough talent/play makers to be a playoff contender.

Just now, SCBills said:

Singletary is a PERFECT back in a rotation - Paired with either a bruiser and/or a speed guy. 

I also agree that he isn’t a Henry/Bell/Zeke type.  

Hes very, very good, but not a heavy load, all year guy. 

I can accept,  yes he will always have a role and can help you win games but don't expect him to be a feature back that carries you to the Super Bowl.   

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

How about we get some talent to not only make the playoffs but win a game,  right now there is not enough talent/play makers to be a playoff contender.

Hmmm, sure there is room for improvement but the Bills could/should have beat the Texans. They can compete with any of these teams that’s why last week’s loss stung. 

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You watch Henry and he runs over people and he has also can run past people,  would not be a bad idea to sign former Miami RB Drake who is big and fast if we cannot sign Henry as a free agent.

Yeah a lot easier arm tackling Singletary compared to Henry. Plus how big a hole does Henry need to run thru compared to Singletary? Henry is a bull dozer. Singletary reminds me more of CJ Spiller...fast and makes people miss. Not gonna run people over. 

I watched the Dillon highlights...not bad and not quite like Henry.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

Hmmm, sure there is room for improvement but the Bills could/should have beat the Texans. They can compete with any of these teams that’s why last week’s loss stung. 

Last week's loss was huge missed opportunity because this season there is no lights out dominant team,  that may not be the case next season.  I believe had we had either Metcalf or Brown at WR than we would be playing today with chance to host the AFC  championship game after Titans beat Ravens. 

Last season Beane signed endless amount of free agents but none were elite talent.  Do the opposite this offseason and sign a couple of studs

Either-  Bud Dupree LB/DE/ Jack Conklin RT/  and may either WR AJ-Green or Breshad Perriman or maybe Austin Hopper at TE

The key is 2-3 quality high end free agents over countless signings of average talent guys

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

Yeah a lot easier arm tackling Singletary compared to Henry. Plus how big a hole does Henry need to run thru compared to Singletary? Henry is a bull dozer. Singletary reminds me more of CJ Spiller...fast and makes people miss. Not gonna run people over. 

I think CJ Spiller was more of pure speed back,  i don't see Singletary having many long TD runs in his career.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

Dillon doesn’t impress me much at all.  For a big dude, he doesn’t really bully anyone.  He bounces off some poor leg tackles.  Not much explosion.  Doesn’t use his stiff arm like a big dude should.  Eh.  If we get him rd 5, so be it, but I expect better

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s not available. 
He almost could of been, until he cemented the rushing title and then almost single handedly beat the pats and ravens. Tennessee will franchise him and work out a deal or hold him to the tag this year. Zero chance he’s obtainable. The fans here in Tennessee would riot and boycott the team. Peyton Manning is god around here, but Henry is creeping up. Tennessee is a big time college area but they jump on the NFL bandwagon super fast when they’re winning. I was beating the Henry drum 2 months ago for buffalo to get him, but there’s no way he’s not getting a deal or franchised after what he’s done this year. 

Ryan Tannehill is also a FA. They might tag him instead.

44 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

His name is Najee Harris.

maybe not as big but he can grind.

a later round option would be AJ Dillon from Boston College. 

Najee Harris has told Alabama he's returning for his senior year. He's hasn't officially announced it but that's the word.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

No.

We need better OL and a RB with love for the team, mote like Fred Jackson