We need a strong power RB next year...Henry/Lynch type.

pgrace245

46 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

We need a solid corner, either as a free agent or early in the draft.  Then there's the Alexander replacement.

I disagree.  We use Zo more as a pass rusher than LB.  Our system really into utilized 2 full time LB’s. 

If we upgrade the pass rush, im plenty ok with bringing back Johnson and Levi and calling it a day.   White, KJ, TJ, Levi with Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, Neal. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Last week's loss was huge missed opportunity because this season there is no lights out dominant team,  that may not be the case next season.  I believe had we had either Metcalf or Brown at WR than we would be playing today with chance to host the AFC  championship game after Titans beat Ravens. 

Last season Beane signed endless amount of free agents but none were elite talent.  Do the opposite this offseason and sign a couple of studs

Either-  Bud Dupree LB/DE/ Jack Conklin RT/  and may either WR AJ-Green or Breshad Perriman or maybe Austin Hopper at TE

The key is 2-3 quality high end free agents over countless signings of average talent guys

I agree we need elite talent at OL, DE/Edge, WR, and TE.  I think Bean last year had so many holes to fill, esp at WR and OL, that he had to go with guys slightly above league average.  The good news, is now we add elite talent to those guys and we have a very powerful team.  

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ve discussed this at length.  Nothing more to say other than yes we need a battering ram to compliment Singletary.  Mods please end this thread.  Not upset, but we’ve talked this topic to death.

not really.  I think the question is WHO the bills should target to complement Singletary.  Perhaps someone with knowledge of the college game, or who has a list of NFL free agents at the ready can make a poll and then a discussion will follow.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pgrace245 said:

Absolutely. A RB like Henry is a cornerstone to build the team around. Josh Allen by default is ours right now. Beane needs a good free agency and draft to take this team to the next level. A lot rides on what he does this off season. Let’s hope Allen makes improvements in his game this off season too. If tannehill can, Josh can too.

Excellent points,   couple of elite talent free agent signings / decent draft and this team can start talking about Super Bowl run

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

We’ve discussed this at length.  Nothing more to say other than yes we need a battering ram to compliment Singletary.  Mods please end this thread.  Not upset, but we’ve talked this topic to death.

Hey Dude,  for some of us down after losing last week.  This is a way of dealing with the pain,  playing GM and making suggestions on who the Bills should sign or draft.  No harm done,  just having fun after a really tough season ending loss.

We have good depth at OL to the point we traded away OL before final roster cuts. That said our RB depth was suspect as Gore showed the final half of the schedule he had little tread left. Upgrade Gore & magically our offense improves.

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

No offense to FredEx, but we need players who bring more to the table than warm fuzzy feelings for the team .... I don’t recall Freddie winning the bills anything 

Jackson didn't win anything because he was in crappy teams, from ownership to coaches and that was reflected on the field. But he was better than have a talented player that rarely want to play(Lynch)

3 hours ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

The days of the power running back and strong defense is over haven't you heard? 

4 hours ago, pgrace245 said:

Hard to put a price tag on a guy that can get 200+ yards a game in the playoffs and who doesn't play QB. I couldn't even imagine what this offense would look like with Henry in our backfield. Draft a tall dominant red zone receiver and yikes. We're a scary good team. I don't see any way Titans let him go. I would pay or trade (if he's tagged) top dollar for him. Build the offense around him and not necessarily Josh Allen. We can dream at least...lol

Does anyone build their team around a running back anymore? I ‘m thinking that the money put into a FA RB could be better used improving the O line, my thought is with a dominant O Line you will have a good run and Pass game regardless of who is carrying the rock, not that I’m against Henry. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Henry stays with Titans....McBeane and his gang find our "thunder component" in the the draft to round out our "Thunder 'n Lightning (Singeltary) Attack".....our run game is hence formidable...stay tuned..........

I really don't see Singletary as a "lightening" style back.  He's a good, reliable back who can make something out of nothing because of his vision, lateral quickness and highly developed use of his blockers.  What he lacks is speed.  He'll get 5 or 10 yards on running plays all day long, but he's really not going to break a lot of 20 yard + plays.  That's why I'd really like to see Buffalo carry three running backs on their game day roster (not including a Sinorise Perry, who is really just a special teamer).  A couple of your running backs could also be special teamers, but they have to be contributors in the running game.  In the case of Buffalo, with Singletary as a bread and butter player, you want a guy who can move a pile and a guy who can strike fear in the heart of the defense with the speed to break off a long run.

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

We also need a better offensive line. our inside running this season have been dreadful. interior oline gets dominated at the LOS on short yardage plays. Morse has been average at best this season. our oline is still 2-3 years away from being a top unit in the league and thats worrying 

Seriously. Henry this, Henry that.

Lewan and Conklin dominated and gave him some huge holes. The offensive line is the key. If Conklin somehow makes it to free agency without getting tagged then make a huge effort to get him.

Conklin and Scherff and the sky is the limit for this team.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

Those Henry's produce some helluva RBs. Travis, Derrick.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dont try and tell anyone here that Quinton Spain wasnt incedible this year.  I suggested no resigning him and got torched

Spain is a decent pass blocker, but not at all effective at moving the LOS. I don't want him back at LG.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pgrace245 said:

You're right. Our offense and Allen's success starts and ends with the O-line. That's a huge piece of the puzzle. Beane invested a lot in the line last off season and it didn't pan out (yet). If we can get a solid line it will open the doors offensively. Allen time to make good passes and good lanes to run through. 

The line was pretty good. They can't force the QB to throw the ball on time. Allen had time for the most part in most games. If a team is going to bring 7 or 8 people it doesn't matter how good the OLine is you can't block them. It's common sense.

Run blocking they were top 10 in pretty much every category except power runs which they were near bottom of the league.