We need a strong power RB next year...Henry/Lynch type.

pgrace245

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why 2-3 years away?  You realize this is the NFL and units can be massively improved in one offseason.  If our OL shows similar improvement over the next year as it did last year, we’ll be top 10 for sure.  Add the right guys, it can happen

a big between the tackle rb will make this line instantly better

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

We have been talking about this extensively. Down the stretch I have always felt the team that wins in the trenches and can pound the rock stands a better chance of winning.

Henry was a menace for the Ravens yesterday and the Bills need him or something similar. I have a feeling Henry gets franchise tagged. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Najee Harris has told Alabama he's returning for his senior year. He's hasn't officially announced it but that's the word.

Probably make more money there than he will on the rookie wage scale. 

Edited by CommonCents
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

a big between the tackle rb will make this line instantly better

Absolutely. A RB like Henry is a cornerstone to build the team around. Josh Allen by default is ours right now. Beane needs a good free agency and draft to take this team to the next level. A lot rides on what he does this off season. Let’s hope Allen makes improvements in his game this off season too. If tannehill can, Josh can too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

We can have a dominant line next year, but it probably means re-signing Spain, kicking Ford inside, Feliciano to utility backup and paying big $$$ to Conklin.  Otherwise we have to hope Ford makes a jump (which he certainly could) and that Feliciano gives us more consistency. 

I’m all for it.  

Also would agree with those advocating for Najee Harris.  He’s a speed power back who can catch.  Perfect compliment with Singletary. 

Sign Conklin & Ngakoue

Keep Spain and one of Murphy/Lawson

Rounds 1-3, get 2 WR’s and Najee Harris 

Works for me

We need a solid corner, either as a free agent or early in the draft.  Then there's the Alexander replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Henry is available...

Do you think he is getting paid megabucks this offseason?

Will Beane be the high bidder?

One thing they mentioned last niight in the game was related to the CBA, if there's no new CBA in place by March, teams can use bot ha franchise and a transition tag, implying Tenn could tag both Henry and Tannerhill if they wanted.  But new CBA would only allow one tag, assuming the new CBA were to continue the tag system. 

Wasn't sure what that was all about?

Yes Derrick Henry is scheduled to be a free agent.  We'll have to wait and see if he makes it that far.  Then there is the issue of his asking price.  He's a bit unique as far as NFL running backs are concerned.  There is nobody else who is both that big and that fast.  That means he can be used as an outside runner where his size is more of a miss match.  When defenses stack the box, if he can break through, few defenders can run him down.  The closest runner to him in the draft is Najee Harris.  He's not as heavy as Henry, but he's about the same speed.  There are a couple other big backs in the draft, but they don't have as much speed to get outside.  Id' be happy if Buffalo drafted Harris, but I'd also like to see them pick up a speed guy.

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

We also need a better offensive line. our inside running this season have been dreadful. interior oline gets dominated at the LOS on short yardage plays. Morse has been average at best this season. our oline is still 2-3 years away from being a top unit in the league and thats worrying 

So true. Did you watch Saffold knocking guys around? So much was made of the size of the FA acquisitions, but the majority of them are actually better in pass pro than in line blocking.

Need a mauler if we're gonna run the ball effectively.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Henry is available...

Do you think he is getting paid megabucks this offseason?

Will Beane be the high bidder?

...forget that nonsense....Titans do NOT let him get away.......secondly, he's in a "show me contract year" and regardless, McBeane never would overpay FA bucks for a RB.....Henry was a 2nd round find at #45 and McBeane's staff gang is adept enough to find us something similar in the draft....

2 hours ago, pgrace245 said:

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

I disagree on the type of running back.  I think we need a home run hitter at RB.  I’d love to have Kenyon Drake

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

We also need a better offensive line. our inside running this season have been dreadful. interior oline gets dominated at the LOS on short yardage plays. Morse has been average at best this season. our oline is still 2-3 years away from being a top unit in the league and thats worrying 

Dont try and tell anyone here that Quinton Spain wasnt incedible this year.  I suggested no resigning him and got torched

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1