We need a strong power RB next year...Henry/Lynch type.

pgrace245

I miss the days of old when Lynch was in a Bills uniform. Seeing Derrick Henry tear up the Baltimore defense last night was another reminder that we need a power RB in Buffalo. Singletary has speed and jukes but lacks the down hill power needed to complete the run game. Having a dominant run game opens up the offense for big pass plays and play action. Henry controlled the game last night even with Baltimore knowing the runs were coming. I hope we find a way to add that dynamic to our offense last year and bring back a bully o-line. I can appreciate the speed and agile style of Singletary but we need some beast mode in buffalo. So which Henry/Lynch/Blount type RB is available draft/FA?

• Like (+1) 4

We also need a better offensive line. our inside running this season have been dreadful. interior oline gets dominated at the LOS on short yardage plays. Morse has been average at best this season. our oline is still 2-3 years away from being a top unit in the league and thats worrying 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Penfield45 said:

We also need a better offensive line. our inside running this season have been dreadful. interior oline gets dominated at the LOS on short yardage plays. Morse has been average at best this season. our oline is still 2-3 years away from being a top unit in the league and thats worrying 

You're right. Our offense and Allen's success starts and ends with the O-line. That's a huge piece of the puzzle. Beane invested a lot in the line last off season and it didn't pan out (yet). If we can get a solid line it will open the doors offensively. Allen time to make good passes and good lanes to run through. 

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Why 2-3 years away?  You realize this is the NFL and units can be massively improved in one offseason.  If our OL shows similar improvement over the next year as it did last year, we’ll be top 10 for sure.  Add the right guys, it can happen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hard to put a price tag on a guy that can get 200+ yards a game in the playoffs and who doesn't play QB. I couldn't even imagine what this offense would look like with Henry in our backfield. Draft a tall dominant red zone receiver and yikes. We're a scary good team. I don't see any way Titans let him go. I would pay or trade (if he's tagged) top dollar for him. Build the offense around him and not necessarily Josh Allen. We can dream at least...lol

1 minute ago, pgrace245 said:

You're right. Our offense and Allen's success starts and ends with the O-line. That's a huge piece of the puzzle. Beane invested a lot in the line last off season and it didn't pan out (yet). If we can get a solid line it will open the doors offensively. Allen time to make good passes and good lanes to run through. 

I think the O-line definitely made progress this year as the season went on. Morse and Dawkins are going to hold it together, and Feliciano is absolutely worth keeping around. Ford won’t go anywhere and it was his rookie season- though he may move inside. I wouldn’t mind bringing Spain back but can understand if they let him test the waters. Aside from a WR and DE, I think adding another RT via draft or free agency isn’t the worst idea, though we have Ty Nsekhe back and LaAdrian Waddle should be healed up too, so we have another piece we aren’t even sure of from this past year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why 2-3 years away?  You realize this is the NFL and units can be massively improved in one offseason.  If our OL shows similar improvement over the next year as it did last year, we’ll be top 10 for sure.  Add the right guys, it can happen

Re-sign the solid linemen and cut the strings on the sub par guys. I kinda wish we gave Incognito another shot despite his craziness. Looks like he's a stud for the Raiders. Pay top dollar on having a dominant line!

3 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

His name is Najee Harris.

maybe not as big but he can grind.

a later round option would be AJ Dillon from Boston College. 

Maybe not as big and not nearly as fast.....but I agree, he’s the best RB fit in the draft.  But he’s never going to be Henry

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Henry is available...

Do you think he is getting paid megabucks this offseason?

Will Beane be the high bidder?

He’s not available. 
He almost could of been, until he cemented the rushing title and then almost single handedly beat the pats and ravens. Tennessee will franchise him and work out a deal or hold him to the tag this year. Zero chance he’s obtainable. The fans here in Tennessee would riot and boycott the team. Peyton Manning is god around here, but Henry is creeping up. Tennessee is a big time college area but they jump on the NFL bandwagon super fast when they’re winning. I was beating the Henry drum 2 months ago for buffalo to get him, but there’s no way he’s not getting a deal or franchised after what he’s done this year. 

1 minute ago, pgrace245 said:

Re-sign the solid linemen and cut the strings on the sub par guys. I kinda wish we gave Incognito another shot despite his craziness. Looks like he's a stud for the Raiders. Pay top dollar on having a dominant line!

The Incognito situation was self inflicted by Ritchie himself.  Not much could’ve been done by Beane.  Took a year, but Spain was a solid replacement.  Not sure if he’s good enough in the run game pay big bucks too.  I’d probably go with Ford and Feliciano at guard rather than pay Spain huge money 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Maybe not as big and not nearly as fast.....but I agree, he’s the best RB fit in the draft.  But he’s never going to be Henry

Probably not. But people didn’t think Henry would turn into Henry when he got picked 

• Like (+1) 1