Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting moves. Dorsey’s guys, i guess. But they could scout. 

I get why these moves were made, and we have to wait to see who is hired to replace them, but still... This would make me a bit nervous if I was a Browns fan.

Berry was a big part of those terrible Sashi Brown drafts before Dorsey/Wolf/Highsmith got there. Now the scouting/personnel department is right back to where it was before Dorsey, except Berry is now in charge instead of Sashi Brown.

IMO This whole process makes the Haslam’s look even worse. They look like they have no clue what they’re doing. Just making decisions on a whim. I mean, It’s almost like they’re admitting that firing Sashi Brown (after going 1-31) was a mistake or something. They’re basically going back to the Sashi Brown regime even though Dorsey’s time there was much more productive than Brown’s.

But let’s see who Berry replaces them with. If he truly is considered a well respected up-and-comer in NFL circles, who knows, he could end up attracting some good execs to fill those roles.

No matter who he hires, the Haslam’s are going to need to show some patience for once. This kid is only 32yrs old. He’s going to make some mistakes learning on the job.

I hope they actually give Berry + Stefanski a legit chance. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I get why these moves were made, and we have to wait to see who is hired to replace them, but still... This would make me a bit nervous if I was a Browns fan.

Berry was a big part of those terrible Sashi Brown drafts before Dorsey/Wolf/Highsmith got there. Now the scouting/personnel department is right back to where it was before Dorsey, except Berry is now in charge instead of Sashi Brown.

IMO This whole process makes the Haslam’s look even worse. They look like they have no clue what they’re doing. Just making decisions on a whim. I mean, It’s almost like they’re admitting that firing Sashi Brown (after going 1-31) was a mistake or something. They’re basically going back to the Sashi Brown regime even though Dorsey’s time there was much more productive than Brown’s.

But let’s see who Berry replaces them with. If he truly is considered a well respected up-and-comer in NFL circles, who knows, he could end up attracting some good execs to fill those roles.

No matter who he hires, the Haslam’s are going to need to show some patience for once. This kid is only 32yrs old. He’s going to make some mistakes learning on the job.

I hope they actually give Berry + Stefanski a legit chance. 

Everything makes the Haslams look bad, because they are bad. Just bad people in general, who make bad decisions.

That said, I like the look of Berry/Stefanski/Alex Van Pelt much more than the previous regime. Especially for this young team.

Good point that they will need to give them time to learn and grow on the job. We'll see if Haslam can get out of his own way for once.

Wait until Barry finds out that he has to play second fiddle to a baseball stats guy that lives in California. 

Sometimes you take a gig thinking that you can slowly get the bosses to ease up on certain things and make it work, only to find out that they really meant what they said when they spelled out all of those ridiculous details in the interview process. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I still think it’s the monthly $25 gas card, and free coffees anytime at any Flying J.

their vending machines have a great selection too! ?

On 1/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, K-9 said:

I’ve never heard of a head coach not discussing a game with the owner afterward. 

That said, the rest of it, especially the inclusion of an analytics guru on the headset during games, will not work. There’s enough chatter going on between plays as it is. That won’t work well, imo. And the idea of an analyst participating in game planning during the week is absurd. 

I'm curious as to how common this is. While I'm sure Jerrah World is calling in plays Al Davis style, having a coach rehash an entire game with his owner win or lose is not exactly a great use of one's time.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t blame him with  the way this is dragging on. I wonder if he decided during his 2nd interview that the clown suit wouldn’t fit 

apparently there was an awkward moment when Haslam asked Paton about his military career. Paton confided that growing up poor, his family could only afford one t 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/30/2020 at 9:27 AM, BillsFan4 said:

IMO This whole process makes the Haslam’s look even worse. They look like they have no clue what they’re doing. Just making decisions on a whim.

This off-season told you that?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stuvian said:

their vending machines have a great selection too! ?

I'm curious as to how common this is. While I'm sure Jerrah World is calling in plays Al Davis style, having a coach rehash an entire game with his owner win or lose is not exactly a great use of one's time.

Rehashing the entire game is not the norm. Touching base with the owner is, though. Some discussions may be longer or shorter, depending. Travel/Road accommodations have been known to come up on occasion. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Rehashing the entire game is not the norm. Touching base with the owner is, though. Some discussions may be longer or shorter, depending. Travel/Road accommodations have been known to come up on occasion. 

I can imagine those are not the easiest of conversations

• Like (+1) 1