Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Donald Sterling may have been the only owner worse than Haslam, and Sterling was (deservedly) forced to go away. I feel bad for Browns fans, everyone deserves better than this. Is it 7 HC’s since 2012? That’s just incredible. 

Idk. Haslam is definitely awful, but Danny Snyder holds his own in that department. Couldn’t imagine being a fan of either of those franchises. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Idk. Haslam is definitely awful, but Danny Snyder holds his own in that department. Couldn’t imagine being a fan of either of those franchises. 

I look at it this way:

1) Snyder is a bad owner

2) Haslam is a bad owner and a crook

3) Sterling was a bad owner and a racist

Sterlings wins....or is that loses? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

I look at it this way:

1) Snyder is a bad owner

2) Haslam is a bad owner and a crook

3) Sterling was a bad owner and a racist

Sterlings wins....or is that loses? 

Sterling made off with a handsome sum, so at least he’s got that going for him. Even if he’s a disgrace. 

As for Snyder and Haslam, even in our darkest days while we were going through the drought I always had hope that we’d luck into something like a “Mahomes-type” draft pick to change our fortunes or a worst to first year. It just wasn’t meant to be for all the reasons we know. But funnily enough, I never lost hope year to year. Maybe that’s the feeling they have too which keeps them going. 

On 1/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t blame him with  the way this is dragging on. I wonder if he decided during his 2nd interview that the clown suit wouldn’t fit 

Ike should have let GP keep rolling right into Moscow...

23 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t blame him at all. 

He is supposed to be one of the most respected AGM’s in the NFL. With Haslam’s track record of soliciting advise from everyone he talks to and abruptly changing his mind on a whim + firing everyone, why would a top candidate go there until Haslam proves he’s willing to stick with a plan for more than 1-2 years?

I pretty much expect the Browns to be perpetually starting over again every 2 years until they prove otherwise. 

I think if you get the right GM it can make up for great ownership...and the search should start right here at TBD as there are soooo many experts who “knew” in advance (retroactively) how great a player such as Mahomes was going to be even though going into the draft he was considered the third best QB by most ranking sites and a risky player.  Haslam just needs to comb Thru old posts here and he is bound to find the next Ozzie Newsome with all the 3 year later analysis of how they knew player x who a team drafted in the 4th round and the consensus best linebacker in the draft would be a bust

Edited by CorkScrewHill

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Berry previously worked under Sashi Brown during the run to 1-31

Yes, he was VP of player personnel for the Browns.  He was there when Kitchens was hired but was a proponent of hiring Stefanski so there’s some level of comfort there.  He’s definitely DePodesta’s guy and was his target from the start of the search.  Berry is an extremely intelligent guy who played.  He was a three year All Ivy CB at Harvard where he got a Bachelors in Economics and a Masters in CIS.  He’s a great fit for the analytics driven group there.  You never know how that’ll work out, but it seems like there’s a good chance the Browns org will be on the same page.  Whether they’ll be successful I couldn’t say.  Even if there’s a lot of good people working together there, there is still the Haslams and team history to deal with.  Still, Berry is smart guy. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yes, he was VP of player personnel for the Browns.  He was there when Kitchens was hired but was a proponent of hiring Stefanski so there’s some level of comfort there.  He’s definitely DePodesta’s guy and was his target from the start of the search.  Berry is an extremely intelligent guy who played.  He was a three year All Ivy CB at Harvard where he got a Bachelors in Economics and a Masters in CIS.  He’s a great fit for the analytics driven group there.  You never know how that’ll work out, but it seems like there’s a good chance the Browns org will be on the same page.  Whether they’ll be successful I couldn’t say.  Even if there’s a lot of good people working together there, there is still the Haslams and team history to deal with.  Still, Berry is smart guy. 

I like both him and Stefanski. But! They have to give them TIME. These are young guys with a lot of  potential and no experience in their new roles. The browns need to be patient. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like both him and Stefanski. But! They have to give them TIME. These are young guys with a lot of  potential and no experience in their new roles. The browns need to be patient. 

If the Browns need to be patient, they'll be the opposite of that. They like to do the opposite of the right thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They never seem to know when and where to exercise patience. I think they spent it all on Hue Jackson, and now they just pull the plug before the bathtub is even half full. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was going to say the same thing. They Have To give them Time. Otherwise it Will fail. Again. 

They have the youngest GM in the league and a total rookie at HC (who’s barely even called plays). They are going to need some patience. But I’m not sure the Haslam’s have it in them. We will see, I guess. 

If they do actually end up firing this new crew again after 1-2 years, I honestly hope that every damn coach/exec turns down an interview w/the Browns.

seriously, the haslam’s have owned the team 8 years and in that time they’ve had 7 coaches and 6 GMs.

Edited by BillsFan4