Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

On 1/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, NoSaint said:

not meant as a comment on Daboll but continuity tends to be about as good as the quality of the person you are keeping around. It’s great when you have a good fit, terrible when out of fear of change 

Exactly.  It’s like staying with an awful person in a relationship because you don’t want to start over. 

Daboll has been a bottom 10 OC his whole nfl career.  I think he knows a ton about football but the results are the results.  But I get why you keep him but you could do so much better.

and thank god a white guy finally got a break for a head coaching job. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

On 1/12/2020 at 12:28 PM, TheFunPolice said:

McDaniels might never get another shot as HC

As Brady declines or leaves altogether his star will only fade

He screwed up with what he did to Indianapolis

He is the heir apparent to Bill B. Then we will se what he can do. 

Did you see the list of demands Stefanski agreed to? This is not going to go well. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/kevin-stefanski-agreed-to-certain-specific-terms-that-limit-his-authority/#comments

As explained by Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository, new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski showed during his interview a willingness to yield to certain expectations of part-time chief strategy office Paul DePodesta, including having someone from the analytics group wearing a headset and having access to the coaching staff on game days. Stefanski also agreed to owner Jimmy Haslam’s desire to engage in hours-long meetings with his head coach the day after games.

Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland added that the front office expects the head coach to “turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department by Friday, and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Did you see the list of demands Stefanski agreed to? This is not going to go well. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/kevin-stefanski-agreed-to-certain-specific-terms-that-limit-his-authority/#comments

...hours long meetings with Flying Jimmy?........must think he's Jurrah or Boy Danny Snyder.......sign a five year deal, get canned in two and have 3 YEARS PAID VACATION.....he's already paying out >$50 mil to those he has "assisted with their departure".......gonna have to steal some more rebate checks...SMH..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

So, How many other teams in the NFL require this of their HC? Are there any? This seems like a plan almost guaranteed to end in disaster. Poor Brown's fans... They deserve better!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, StHustle said:

DAMN! Our only hope for Daboll to be gone. I hope he improves his play calling and personal usage or we will be one and done again next year.

Puzzles me how so many fans would have made better game day decisions than him. He must learn Josh Allen isnt ever going to be a top passer. You must have a strong run game and USE IT with JA at the helm. I believe in McD and think he is well aware and will have Daboll on a short leash next season. 

It is such a surprise that teams are not beating down your door to interview you. :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

The unfortunate reality that Haslam/Browns need to realize is that analytics in the NFL is a mixed bag. 

This isn’t baseball where you play 162 games with hitters getting 600 plate appearances and pitchers pitching 100-200 innings. There is a legit sample size there that you can work with. 

NFL Football? It’s 16 games with a ton of variables. 

let’s take a look at when to go for the two point conversion for example. Coaches cite going with what the chart says as if a conversion is a coin flip (league average). The reality is if Luke Falk and the Jets are attempting a two pt conversion against the Pats in New England they are going to convert far less than half of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, stuvian said:

So BB prevented McDaniel from interviewing for the Browns job. 2nd year in a row the Pats have prevented him from leaving. If he isn't made HC there will be some fallout. I assume this is to get Brady resigned 

Um, McDaniel interviewed last Friday.  He spent like 7 hrs in the facility

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seven hours explaining to them that the P*ts cheating method to win cannot work in Cleveland despite method developed when Billicheat was coaching for the Browns.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah I read that. Supposedly the job was his but he wanted the higher ups cleared out and not involved. After seeing the list mentioned on this page for stefanski I can see why McDaniels don’t want that job.