Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don't know why anyone would be interested in McDaniels. He was a disaster in Denver and bailed on Indianapolis.  What has he proven other than that Tom Brady likes him?  Anybody could be Tom Brady's OC and look good on paper.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't know why anyone would be interested in McDaniels. He was a disaster in Denver and bailed on Indianapolis.  What has he proven other than that Tom Brady likes him?  Anybody could be Tom Brady's OC and look good on paper.  

he wasn’t even in the final 3 for Cle. That was Stefanski, Daboll and Saleh. 

mcDaniels was the Owners apple of their eye. But trusted and listened to DePodesta for once. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McD has no clue about offense.  I think he leaves everything up to Daboll. Then the only time he gets involved is when the Bills maintain a small lead. That's when he encourages Daboll to pull it back. They have to reevaluate and increase their level of offensive aggressiveness this season.

...I'm with ya bro......BUT....does what he "leaves to Daboll" come with rigid, conservative parameters?.....a/k/a is Daboll limited?......or are Daboll's offensive play calling skill sets limited because of HIM?.....just some of my Daboll observations (FWIW)......will employ gimmickry or cutesy plays (good, bad or indifferent)......finds something that is working but prematurely abandons it......offensive game plan is shut down and we're faced with inability to adjust or counter...."it's the personnel stupid" was the battle cry last year.....but don't GOOD coaches devise game plans that play to their personnel strengths?....did he?.....

49 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Daboll has to be disappointed.  Cleveland is being Cleveland.  They will be CB looking for a new HC in two years 

tell Daboll not to worry. Cleveland being Cleveland the job will be open again this time next year. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Kinda happy about this. I think Allen needs daboll next season 

I kinda agree?

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Welcome back, Daboll. Ok Beane, bring in a couple more playmakers and we're good.

This is how I'm feeling. 

I think Daboll and McDermott will learn from the Houston game and do some growing , adjusting and upgrading of their own. 

Glad he's back

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

McDaniels might never get another shot as HC

As Brady declines or leaves altogether his star will only fade

He screwed up with what he did to Indianapolis

He sure did, makes him look flaky to say the least, it was a big time immature move by a guy who imo reads his own press clippings and believes them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

DAMN! Our only hope for Daboll to be gone. I hope he improves his play calling and personal usage or we will be one and done again next year.

Puzzles me how so many fans would have made better game day decisions than him. He must learn Josh Allen isnt ever going to be a top passer. You must have a strong run game and USE IT with JA at the helm. I believe in McD and think he is well aware and will have Daboll on a short leash next season. 

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say with better personnel and Allen improving next season that we'll be happier with play calling.

i don't know about fans making better game day decisions. I would have not made any of those calls on the opening drive last week, probably not called the pass to Singletary late in the game, even the power sweep to Allen that should have worked. He made some great calls. Just not all of them.

• Like (+1) 1