Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would be pretty angry if I was a browns fan over this. Minnesota is an ugly offense. I don’t know much about the guy so maybe he’s a solid leader but the Minnesota offense doesn’t scream “wow up and comer” to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

McDaniels might never get another shot as HC

As Brady declines or leaves altogether his star will only fade

He screwed up with what he did to Indianapolis

His only shot is and should be to succeed Bill. 

McDaniels was not in the final 2 according to the 3rd hand info I passed along in the other thread last night. It was Stefanski or Daboll with a 3rd potential outsider unnamed but thought likely Robert Saleh. When McDaniels left the building the other day he did so out of the race to be the new Browns coach. It had been agreed it was not a fit for either party. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I did a little checking on the guy. He’s definitely worked his way up the ranks. But to simplify it and justify what you just put,  Dalvin Cook finally played most of the season and broke out and they took the ball out of cousins hands more. Cooks numbers went up and cousins went down. That’s the success IMO. But as a leader and he’ll need to be one with that team I don’t know much about

Edited by Rc2catch

7 minutes ago, pgrace245 said:

I know some people wonder if Daboll is the weak link with our offense but we thought the same with Greg Roman and look how he did with a different offense. I really think an improved O-line and a power RB will help Daboll coordinate this offense. And we all know whoever got the Browns gig would/will end up with back to back losing seasons and get fired in a few seasons. I'm just glad were not the browns....

You're kinda' right but keeping Roman as OC wasn't working.

It was pretty clear that Roman had built an offense that greatly elevated the talent of the QB/OL/RB.........he had done similar in SF getting Colin Kaepernick to a SB.

His play calling came into serious question and he was booted for someone that the HC thought could call Roman's offense better than him.   And it worked!   Anthony Lynn WAS better at calling Roman's offense.  And that guy got a HC job.   Bills should have kept the offense.   It worked very well and they took 10 starters from that offense to training camp in 2017 and it would have been wise of McD to keep it and find a play caller to run it.  

I'm fine with Daboll. He gets guys open and he can get better. If I had his ear, I would say less game to game changes, continue the hurry up offense, keep using Josh as a runner but diminish it over time, but most importantly make the base offense 2 WR, 2TE, single back. Get a true #1 WR to pair with Brown and let Knox and Kroft beat linebackers in coverage. Then just sub Beasley for Kroft about 40% of the time for your second most used package. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I did a little checking on the guy. He’s definitely worked his way up the ranks. But to simplify it and justify what you just put,  Dalvin Cook finally played most of the season and broke out and they took the ball out of cousins hands more. Cooks numbers went up and cousins went down. That’s the success IMO. But as a leader and he’ll need to be one with that team I don’t know much about

• Haha (+1) 1

...so apparently Daboll is staying, which poses an interesting thread debate.....perhaps a technically astute TBDer could construct a poll thread (beyond me; I'm brain dead) as to whether the offense rests solely on Daboll or if McDermott has a significant influence......is Daboll handcuffed by McDermott's defensive/conservative leanings?.....or...is Daboll qualified to devise an offense with youngsters as a "plan builder" or does he need a seasoned vet group?.......questions are endless if we're going into year 3.....anybody want to take on the task?.....could be a real comprehensive debate.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so apparently Daboll is staying, which poses an interesting thread debate.....perhaps a technically astute TBDer could construct a poll thread (beyond me; I'm brain dead) as to whether the offense rests solely on Daboll or if McDermott has a significant influence......is Daboll handcuffed by McDermott's defensive/conservative leanings?.....or...is Daboll qualified to devise an offense with youngsters as a "plan builder" or does he need a seasoned vet group?.......questions are endless if we're going into year 3.....anybody want to take on the task?.....could be a real comprehensive debate.....

Allen Progresses again next year Doboll will get a HC job. He was one of the final 2 in Cle. Saleh was three and McDaniels was favorite of the owner 

McDaniels was only the owner’s preference 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Allen Progresses again next year Doboll will get a HC job. He was one of the final 2 in Cle. Saleh was three and McDaniels was favorite of the owner 

...possibly...so answer my question as to who is the Bills offensive impediment, McDermott's handcuffs or Daboll's shortcomings..........

Allen and the offense will improve greatly next season and Daboll will then be out the door

(HC gig) and, hopefully, someone on the offensive staff will get promoted to continue what is being built.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...possibly...so answer my question as to who is the Bills offensive impediment, McDermott's handcuffs or Daboll's shortcomings..........

players. They don’t have enough on offense yet. So if I had to put that on a Person.  Beane 

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so apparently Daboll is staying, which poses an interesting thread debate.....perhaps a technically astute TBDer could construct a poll thread (beyond me; I brain dead) as to whether the offense rests solely on Daboll or if McDermott has a significant influence......is Daboll handcuffed by McDermott's defensive/conservative leanings?.....or...is Daboll qualified to devise an offense with youngsters as a "plan builder" or does he need a seasoned vet group?.......questions are endless if we're going into year 3.....anybody want to take on the task?.....could be a real comprehensive debate.....

McD has no clue about offense.  I think he leaves everything up to Daboll. Then the only time he gets involved is when the Bills maintain a small lead. That's when he encourages Daboll to pull it back. They have to reevaluate and increase their level of offensive aggressiveness this season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I honestly blame it on Allen’s development and the offenses ability to not execute the simplest of things sometimes. We are lacking playmakers and just incorporated 9 new offensive players. Takes time to gel. If what players say about this system being so complex and so much reading of angles and coverages it has the sounds of Allen just getting better game to game as he mostly has been. Daboll does call some dumb ****  though. 

I have felt like they don’t trust Allen most of the season to not turn the ball over and play reckless.  So they rely on the safe game and the defense to keep them in the game. They’ll cut Allen loose if they have to in the 4th quarter. Regardless they all just got seriously embarrassed, they are all aware they need to add more weapons and playmakers and there’s zero reason rather Allen develops more or not, to not cut loose next season.