Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC; Andrew Berry as GM

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Kinda happy about this. I think Allen needs daboll next season 

Agreed.  It’s a pivotal season for JA.  Having to learn a new system on top of learning how to become a better qb might not yield the best results in a season where winning the SB is the only goal

• Like (+1) 4

Don’t envy the Vikings having had to pick between Zimmer and Stefsnski.

On one hand you had Stefanski who has been a Vikings Lifer.  Word was that if the Vikings lost in New Orleans, Vikings were going to give serious consideration to firing Zimmer and promoting Stefanski, just based on how much interest was starting to build for his HC Services.  Understandable, you just don’t like to lose top end talent.

But alas, Vikings won and they couldn’t really fire Zimmer now.

No choice but had to lose Stefanski.

Well road to Super Bowl in AFC just got tougher.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You could be right, but I think there's something to be said about continuity 

not meant as a comment on Daboll but continuity tends to be about as good as the quality of the person you are keeping around. It’s great when you have a good fit, terrible when out of fear of change 

• Like (+1) 2

I know some people wonder if Daboll is the weak link with our offense but we thought the same with Greg Roman and look how he did with a different offense. I really think an improved O-line and a power RB will help Daboll coordinate this offense. And we all know whoever got the Browns gig would/will end up with back to back losing seasons and get fired in a few seasons. I'm just glad were not the browns....

• Like (+1) 1

Year 3 is probably the make or break year for Daboll.  

If our offense, with the presumable added weapons, still struggles, he might be the sacrificial lamb of the offseason.  

If our offense, we the presumable added weapons, does well, he’s getting a HC job.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

was hoping they'd pluck McDaniels and watch NE circle around the drain.

Hopefully Kraft will force Belichick to keep Brady as #1, Belichick gets po'd and retires and McDaniels becomes HC. After watching Jimmy Garappolo win yesterday and knowing Belichick didn't want to trade him it must be doing a slow burn to BB's brain. NE without Belichick and with an aging Brady does not scare me. BB is the driving force there.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

was hoping they'd pluck McDaniels and watch NE circle around the drain.

...sorry...his "11:59PM Escape Clause"  was the deal killer............special thanks to the "Colts Travel Department Advisory"......honorable mention to known flight risks ala "Petrino/HotLanta" and Saban/Fins".......courtesy of Expedia............

• Like (+1) 2