13 of 14top WRs scouted (update 13 OTs in top 200) by Bills according to Astro

Reed83HOF

54 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would offer Henry 24 million a season over 4 seasons and force Titans to match.  End of the day Henry offers the Bills what Sean wants to do on offense,  run the ball/control the clock and wear defenses down.   Open up play action  passing down the field  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would offer Henry 24 million a season over 4 seasons and force Titans to match.  End of the day Henry offers the Bills what Sean wants to do on offense,  run the ball/control the clock and wear defenses down.   Open up play action  passing down the field  

I wish I disagreed... but I don’t. 

I told about 20 people last night that Beane needs to give Derrick Henry a blank check in March.

Unfortunately the ability of a team to use both the franchise tag and transition tag this year is going to make it much more difficult. I see Henry getting the non-exclusive franchise tag and Tannehill getting the transition tag. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

I told about 20 people last night that Beane needs to give Derrick Henry a blank check in March.

Unfortunately the ability of a team to use both the franchise tag and transition tag this year is going to make it much more difficult. I see Henry getting the non-exclusive franchise tag and Tannehill getting the transition tag. 

Look the dude is a beast and runs faster at 250 lbs then Singletary at 200lbs,  how much would Titans be looking at paying him with franchise tag?

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The consolation prize is forcing the titans to pay big money for him. They have to pay Tannehill and Conklin as well if they want to keep them

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

The consolation prize is forcing the titans to pay big money for him. They have to pay Tannehill and Conklin as well if they want to keep them

They’ll just franchise henry. It’s the smart thing to do. One more year at a high salary or work out something long term. He will not be available. How you gonna sell season tickets letting him leave after what he just did this season and the playoffs? Zero chance he’s available. Back to the receivers now. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

We have to come out of this offseason with 2 upgrades at WR.  

Brown becomes the speed threat, with Beasley utilized primarily out of the slot. 

I don’t care how we get there, but just make it happen. 

Trading up in the 1st seems unwise given the talent/depth of this WR Draft.  I could see us moving around in the 2nd however. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Look the dude is a beast and runs faster at 250 lbs then Singletary at 200lbs,  how much would Titans be looking at paying him with franchise tag?

The franchise tag would be somewhere between $14-$15M for a running back off the top of my head with the exclusive tag (average of top 5 RB salaries this last year). This means that no team would be able to negotiate with him and he’s a Titan. 

The non-exclusive tag which is the more commonly used tag would run closer to $11-$12M (average of top 5 RB salaries over the last 5 years) This tag means that other teams can still negotiate with him but the Titans would have a chance to match. Were they to allow him to leave, they’d receive 2 1st rounders. 

The transition tag is the average of the top 10 RB salaries but the player is free to negotiate with other teams. Original team still has a chance to match but if they do not, they receive no compensation. 

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yup. best WR in the draft by a mile

If anyone wants a preview. this guy can catch anything, can break your ankles, and runs over people like a power RB. 

I heard this comparison of him: “if marshawn lynch were a WR he would be laviska shenault”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yup. best WR in the draft by a mile

If anyone wants a preview. this guy can catch anything, can break your ankles, and runs over people like a power RB. 

will he be available when we pick? Where is he slated to go? He looked really impressive in that film