13 of 14top WRs scouted (update 13 OTs in top 200) by Bills according to Astro

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, noacls said:

He ran a 4.75 coming into college. He is expected to run mid 4.6s at combine/pro day. Kelvin Benjamin 2.0. No thanks

NFL teams expect him to run in the 4.4s. Doesn’t mean he will but that’s what they’re expecting. 

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

NFL teams expect him to run in the 4.4s. Doesn’t mean he will but that’s what they’re expecting. 

Really, where can I read up on that. I think you may have Higgins and Shenault mixed up.

Edited by noacls
I cant spel

Beane understands the moneyball aspect of the draft and the thing is that in terms of getting value out of draft picks (cap hit under rookie contracts) the positions it makes sense to draft in the first and second round are QB, WR, Edge rusher, OT and CB. The Bills' needs line up perfectly and look for a WR or DE/Edge rusher in the 1st and one of those two or OT in the second. 

If they feel strongly about someone at those positions I have not problem with them trading up to around 14-17. #22 in the trade value chart (drafttek) is 780 points, #16 is 1,000. Their 3rd rounder is 160 points so that gets them close. Otherwise sit tight and most likely they will have good options. 

32 minutes ago, noacls said:

Really, where can I read up on that. I think you may have Higgins and Shenault mixed up.

I asked Dane Brugler about the 40 times he lists on his big board at The Athletic. He gets them from NFL teams. He has Higgins listed at 4.47 and Shenault at 4.55.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

It’s really discouraging that the Bills are t linked to Tee Higgins. He’s EXACTLY what they need. He’s a long athlete with strong hands. Win 50/50 balls and isn’t afraid of contact. The kind of guy that would greatly benefit Allen...

By far Higgins, has THE best hands in this draft. His form is just great and always snags the ball with his hands, never lets it get into his body - which would be nice considering how many drops our WRs had. His catch radius is also very nice as not only is he around 6’4’’, but he also has great flexibility. 

He is not the fastest WR, but he was able to get behind secondaries pretty consistently at Clemson. To me he has the ability to be a DeAndre Hopkins type of receiver, which we saw first hand how that has helped DW. Even in the Orange Bowl where he was matched up with Okudah who is gonna be a really good pro, he got over him for a touchdown. From what I’ve seen so far, I think he is WR1 in this class (Which is deep but I don’t think has an elite talent at the top) and should fall right where we will be drafting as of right now.

Edited by LEBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I asked Dane Brugler about the 40 times he lists on his big board at The Athletic. He gets them from NFL teams. He has Higgins listed at 4.47 and Shenault at 4.55.

If Higgins is that fast I'm all for it

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard this comparison of him: “if marshawn lynch were a WR he would be laviska shenault”

My problem is that he played in a weak conference.only 25% of his catches came against top 25 teams. Anyone can bowl over dbs from Colorado State. So I would take Higgins over him due to size and quality of competition. 

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Higgins is way more fluid and much faster than Benjamin ever was. I can’t believe this was even a mention 

Benjamin ran a 4.61 at combine. Let's have a friendly wager if Tee Higgins beats that. . Loser has to have a Tom Brady avatar picked by winner for a year. 

22 minutes ago, noacls said:

If Higgins is that fast I'm all for it

Yeah, I'm not sure I see that speed personally but that's apparently what the NFL teams have listed for him in their database. He did say that the junior times tend to be less accurate than the seniors so with Higgins being a junior, he could end up being off a bit. We'll see soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, krf139 said:

After picking Zay Jones (and trading up for him), I have complete confidence in Beane to select the right guy 

Seriously? Every GM misses on guys including those that are considered the best in the business. Selecting one obvious miss when they went and cleaned it up early by trading him away is not a strong take. 

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I wish I disagreed... but I don’t. 

I told about 20 people last night that Beane needs to give Derrick Henry a blank check in March.

Unfortunately the ability of a team to use both the franchise tag and transition tag this year is going to make it much more difficult. I see Henry getting the non-exclusive franchise tag and Tannehill getting the transition tag. 

If tannehill was smart, he should sign a contract with the Titans ASAP.  Take the 24-28MIL a year and laugh all the way to the bank.

He will not find a better fit for him than the Titans.

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

I’d love CD...but give me Tyler Johnson, Minnesota, In Round 2...all day. 
guy looks like he will ball out. 

Long way to go before the draft, but at the moment, people seem to think hell be available on Day 3; maybe even late on Day 3.