13 of 14top WRs scouted (update 13 OTs in top 200) by Bills according to Astro

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The franchise tag would be somewhere between $14-$15M for a running back off the top of my head with the exclusive tag (average of top 5 RB salaries this last year). This means that no team would be able to negotiate with him and he’s a Titan. 

The non-exclusive tag which is the more commonly used tag would run closer to $11-$12M (average of top 5 RB salaries over the last 5 years) This tag means that other teams can still negotiate with him but the Titans would have a chance to match. Were they to allow him to leave, they’d receive 2 1st rounders. 

The transition tag is the average of the top 10 RB salaries but the player is free to negotiate with other teams. Original team still has a chance to match but if they do not, they receive no compensation. 

Well Titans also have to pay RT Jack Conklin who would look great in a Bills uniform and allow Ford to move inside.   End of the day only one player made pro bowl and that was White.  We need more talent and you could pick OL/WR/LB/DL where would could use better talent at. IMO

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I like the thought of grabbing or trading for a top 15ish receiver and also drafting one in the first 3 rounds. Definitely need 2 to add to the current group. 

I have a feeling we trade up for CeeDee Lamb... or just up for whoever Beane likes at the position. 

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I have a feeling we trade up for CeeDee Lamb... or just up for whoever Beane likes at the position. 

I would hope not. Beane wasn’t here but as a fan base we should of learned from our Watkins debacle. No matter how “can’t miss” we think they are it’s a giant crap shoot. 
Id rather trade our first for a proven playmaker and take a receiver in rounds 3-4 or sign an AJ Green and hope to get 10+ games out of him while a rookie develops and learns the playbook not being forced into full time action right away. 

we have draft picks we probably don’t need or low ones that won’t make the team. The trading up would be in the mid rounds but that’s just my guess

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, krf139 said:

After picking Zay Jones (and trading up for him), I have complete confidence in Beane to select the right guy 

Ya gotta at least know who was with the Bills front office at the time before yourself look a certain way

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They’ll just franchise henry. It’s the smart thing to do. One more year at a high salary or work out something long term. He will not be available. How you gonna sell season tickets letting him leave after what he just did this season and the playoffs? Zero chance he’s available. Back to the receivers now. 

Do you think I want to sign Henry for big money? I’m perfectly content seeing the Titans payout $30+MM next season to retain Henry and Tannehill. In fact I think it’s better for the Bills if that happens as Allen is still on a rookie contract. 

We need a Deebo Samuels type. 9ers said they didn’t want ‘just a receiver’, they wanted an ANIMAL. Samuels IS an animal! Catch a ball 3 yards short of the marker or endzone while heavily covered? No problem. 1st Down or Touchdown!

THAT’s what we want!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No credentialed scouts from Bills to any Clemson game this year including the fiesta bowl vs Ohio state. Odd. Assume they will be there tomorrow night at least. 

That is odd. They are the best team in the country (or at worst 2nd best). 

31 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

yup. best WR in the draft by a mile

If anyone wants a preview. this guy can catch anything, can break your ankles, and runs over people like a power RB. 

Just made a fan out of me. Contact balance is outstanding, runs over guys like a back, change of direction is crazy, yowza. Get this kid in Bills blue, Beanie!

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would hope not. Beane wasn’t here but as a fan base we should of learned from our Watkins debacle. No matter how “can’t miss” we think they are it’s a giant crap shoot. 
Id rather trade our first for a proven playmaker and take a receiver in rounds 3-4 or sign an AJ Green and hope to get 10+ games out of him while a rookie develops and learns the playbook not being forced into full time action right away. 

we have draft picks we probably don’t need or low ones that won’t make the team. The trading up would be in the mid rounds but that’s just my guess

I’m not sure it makes a ton of sense for us to trade our first round pick away entirely. Doesn’t seem to be the Beane model... that cheap controlled playmaker is more attractive to them I believe.

Trading our first for a proven guy means we need to pay him like a proven guy. Believe me I want a proven guy but our model is undoubtedly building through the draft and taking advantage of staggering big free agent contracts so they end right around when we need to pay our high draft picks (that hopefully continue to have success). 

I can see them giving a guy some money in FA but not trading an early pick and having to pay a guy big money. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is odd. They are the best team in the country (or at worst 2nd best). 

It's the old switcheroo. Make everyone think you aren't interested and then bam, that's the guy they take. I kid, but that's actually how they ended up with Kiko. Totally different regime, I know, but I'm sure a lot of teams do that. They knew they liked Kiko from the the first game they scouted him at and then afterwards they made it seem like they had zero interest in him. 

I'm confident they'll find some offensive playmakers. And I hope they keep investing in the DL. Keep adding studs up front like San Francisco. I expect it, that's pretty much how they operated when they (McBeane) were in Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would offer Henry 24 million a season over 4 seasons and force Titans to match.  End of the day Henry offers the Bills what Sean wants to do on offense,  run the ball/control the clock and wear defenses down.   Open up play action  passing down the field  

Henry is going to have roughly 400 carries this season.  That type of workload has been a career killer for RBs historically.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I’m not sure it makes a ton of sense for us to trade our first round pick away entirely. Doesn’t seem to be the Beane model... that cheap controlled playmaker is more attractive to them I believe.

Trading our first for a proven guy means we need to pay him like a proven guy. Believe me I want a proven guy but our model is undoubtedly building through the draft and taking advantage of staggering big free agent contracts so they end right around when we need to pay our high draft picks (that hopefully continue to have success). 

I can see them giving a guy some money in FA but not trading an early pick and having to pay a guy big money. 

It depends on the guy. My target guys aren’t exactly made available but I would offer our first for Stefon Diggs or Mike Evans. A youngish guy who already has his contract for the next 3-4 years. It’s unlikely but it’s something I was hoping they would try. Even more so after seeing Diggs last night. But who knows if they can even be traded for. Just my madden  wish list 

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, he really hit a HR with Foster?

Lol you really do hate daboll don’t you? Relentless 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, noacls said:

Maybe the Bills learned their lesson and they dont want another fat and slow WR. 

Did we draft a fat slow receiver from Clemson? 

I wasn't really on about Higgins particularly either. Clemson have other guys I am surprised they have not watched in other positions. 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It depends on the guy. My target guys aren’t exactly made available but I would offer our first for Stefon Diggs or Mike Evans. A youngish guy who already has his contract for the next 3-4 years. It’s unlikely but it’s something I was hoping they would try. Even more so after seeing Diggs last night. But who knows if they can even be traded for. Just my madden  wish list 

Lol you really do hate daboll don’t you? Relentless 

Well that’s completely changes the game and I would agree with you. A guy like Diggs or Evans is totally different. I’m not sure who I was thinking of but I was thinking that big! 

I’m sure Beane will poke around those guys... I hope he surprises us! 

• Like (+1) 1