Hard NOT to root for the Titans.....

The Process

The Titans are a hard team not to root for. Love what Henry is doing there. It's always fun to see a love fest toward one team (Ravens)  by announcers get crapped on. There is that one thing.....

After the Music City Mistake, it's hard to want a Superbowl title for any Tennessee fan. Am I holding a grudge too long?

Maybe if a Nashville newspaper issues a public apology to the city of Buffalo for the huge gift that was ill-received....haha!

I have always been a sucker for the "underdog". The fact that the Titans are a #6 seed and beat the Patriots in Foxboro, Protecting The Bill's record of winning 4 straight conference titles, then shutting up Jackson and the Ravens, while doing it ol' school, by running the ball down their throats and playing nasty defense. Makes them easy to root for. Besides Tannehill looks like a solid game manager when Gase isn't his coach. Really speaks volumes about Gase IMO. 

I know their HC is a former Patriot and I haven't forgotten the "Music city miracle", but watching a small market team go into the playoffs and make all the professional "experts" react like Regan in The Exorcist, warms the cockles of my heart.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, The Process said:

Maybe if a Nashville newspaper issues a public apology to the city of Buffalo for the huge gift that was ill-received....haha!

Yeah, hold your breath for that.  They still think that win was legit, and I doubt anything will change their mind.

I’m good with Tennessee getting it. 
The music city miracle is so long ago the current players don’t even know about it hahaha. 
I also like the underdog story. 
But holy crap would a Tennessee Vs San Francisco be a NFL nightmare for super bowl. All these rules to promote passing non stop and the two best run teams head to the super bowl. Craziness. 
I do want Tennessee to face Green Bay or Seattle though. Love to see them run through almost all of the “top quarterbacks and pass offenses” and win the title. Run game ground and pound with solid defense can’t work we’ve heard for a long time especially from some on here, run game and defense can ALWAYS win when executed. 

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I want Reid to get one. Tenn is a nice story but really don’t want them getting a SB before the Bills. They haven’t paid their dues yet. 

I generally root for the NFC team. Some probably identify with the conference and go AFC (unless Pats*), but I tend to think of all the rest as the enemy.

Anyway, if I am going to pick an AFC team, I'd rather it were the Chiefs than one of the newer franchises.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Vrabel is one of my favorite "newer" coaches.  You can tell that team takes on his personality.  Did anyone catch his expression when the Ravens decided to go for it on 4th down in their own territory that 1st time?  He was stoked.  He wanted the chance to stop them and seize momentum.

He's fearless, too.  I probably read too much into it, but when you get that kind of break, you have to go for it.  When the Ravens made the stop, they went for the throat, and Tannehill unleashed that long TD bomb.  I felt like the Bills should have done that in the 2nd Pats game when we got the fumble in the 1st quarter, but we played it safe.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m good with Tennessee getting it. 
The music city miracle is so long ago the current players don’t even know about it hahaha. 
I also like the underdog story. 
But holy crap would a Tennessee Vs San Francisco be a NFL nightmare for super bowl. All these rules to promote passing non stop and the two best run teams head to the super bowl. Craziness. 
I do want Tennessee to face Green Bay or Seattle though. Love to see them run through almost all of the “top quarterbacks and pass offenses” and win the title. Run game ground and pound with solid defense can’t work we’ve heard for a long time especially from some on here, run game and defense can ALWAYS win when executed. 

The running game is the heart and soul of football, and with the trend toward running QBs, it's more so now than in years. Pretty clear the Bills could use a bull RB.

• Like (+1) 1

I do like their story, but I just can’t root for a team whose fan base won’t fully appreciate the meaning of a title. Do real diehard Titans fans even exist? It would be just another glitzy event for Nashville. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I want Reid to get one. Tenn is a nice story but really don’t want them getting a SB before the Bills. They haven’t paid their dues yet. 

Agree, they aren’t worthy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I generally root for the NFC team. Some probably identify with the conference and go AFC (unless Pats*), but I tend to think of all the rest as the enemy.

Anyway, if I am going to pick an AFC team, I'd rather it were the Chiefs than one of the newer franchises.

They were the Oiler's so they are just as old as the Bills and Chiefs but the Bills don't have the asterisk after their name due to relocation unlike the other two.  Put on the old Oiler's uni's for the SB and I am OK with it.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, hold your breath for that.  They still think that win was legit, and I doubt anything will change their mind.

They (fans) did pay some dues when they collectively soiled their pants when they were 1 yrd away from the title when time ran out.....

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I do like their story, but I just can’t root for a team whose fan base won’t fully appreciate the meaning of a title. Do real diehard Titans fans even exist? It would be just another glitzy event for Nashville. 

Glitzy and Nashville used in the same sentence....Johnny Cash and Hank Williams Sr. roll over in their redneck graves.

1 hour ago, The Process said:

The Titans are a hard team not to root for. Love what Henry is doing there. It's always fun to see a love fest toward one team (Ravens)  by announcers get crapped on. There is that one thing.....

After the Music City Mistake, it's hard to want a Superbowl title for any Tennessee fan. Am I holding a grudge too long?

Nope. Can’t do it it.

12 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My one complaint is the epic fail by the broadcast networks.   Clearly they should be showing screenshots of Tannehill’s wife between plays. 

lauren-tannehill-.jpg

Not sure how old this picture is, but she looks 21 years old here