CBS compares Bills to Bears

stuvian

I thought the same thing. I’m not a fan of Trubisky at all so I hope Josh turns out to be much much better.  The jury is still out though. What I saw this year is that Josh may never be a stand-in-the-pocket and pick the D apart kind of QB.  I’m not sure if he will ever find the touch on those deep throws.  Yes he can scramble and make the occasional wow play, but I’m curious if he will make a leap in 2020. He needs to or the Bills will not get to that next level of success

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I thought the same thing. I’m not a fan of Trubisky at all so I hope Josh turns out to be much much better.  The jury is still out though. What I saw this year is that Josh may never be a stand-in-the-pocket and pick the D apart kind of QB.  I’m not sure if he will ever find the touch on those deep throws.  Yes he can scramble and make the occasional wow play, but I’m curious if he will make a leap in 2020. He needs to or the Bills will not get to that next level of success

He will or he'll be cut.  You understand the offense we run, right?

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Meh.  A lot of our distinguished membership has been predicting the same as CBS since 2019 week 8.  ?

Sigh. Yep. Lol. 

Easy to make that comparison but it’s flawed if they do even a little research. The bears D was #1 in turnovers in 2018 and it fueled a lot of their success. Turnovers aren’t sustainable. The Bills D is a consistently performing unit that doesn’t depend on turnovers. Also 2018 was the year the bears already gave Mitch his #1 WR and had Jordan Howard. They let Howard go and their OL was much worse this year too. Bills are not done building the offense. 

• Like (+1) 18

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good podcast that dives into this lazy comparison 

Listened to that as well. Did a good job pointing out how the Bills team isn’t the 2017 Jags or 2018 Bears. When you live off turnovers for points, like the Cheating Pats did this year, you have more room for regression. I didn’t look into the Pats numbers deeper. I know off the top of my head the Bills game and I believe in  the Bengals game they were aided by ST turnovers. Bills are on the way up. Someone should do a dive into NE ways of winning this year. I bet it’s not sustainable. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Easy to make that comparison but it’s flawed if they do even a little research. The bears D was #1 in turnovers in 2018 and it fueled a lot of their success. Turnovers aren’t sustainable. The Bills D is a consistently performing unit that doesn’t depend on turnovers. Also 2018 was the year the bears already gave Mitch his #1 WR and had Jordan Howard. They let Howard go and their OL was much worse this year too. Bills are not done building the offense. 

It is a lazy comparison. Doesn't surprise me at all. If there is a chance to compare Allen's play to any QB or situation with a positive outlook versus a negative outlook, you can count on the negative comparison about 90 percent of the time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

It is a lazy comparison. Doesn't surprise me at all. If there is a chance to compare Allen's play to any QB or situation with a positive outlook versus a negative outlook, you can count on the negative comparison about 90 percent of the time.

Also the Bears had already added their big time pass rusher in 2018. Bills have not yet but hopefully will this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Sean Wagner-McGough joined CBS Sports in 2015 after graduating from UC Berkeley. A native of Seattle..."

So, in other words, he watched at most two Bills games this season--at Dallas and Pittsburgh.   It's lazy to trot out synthetic stats like QBR and not mention the ones that actually do matter--4th quarter comebacks, third down conversions, etc.    Even the Beasly clip he uses to show how innaccurate Josh is--where he's being blitzed and can't step into the throw--is bupkis.

Articles like this are like the packing peanuts that come with the expensive vase you bought mom for Chistmas.  Nobody pays attention to them, yet they make a real mess and never seem to get completely thrown out...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And they made Tarik Cohen a focal point of the offense which skewed Trubiskys numbers with all those dump off big plays, this year it’s like they forgot Cohen was on the team for multiple games at a time. 

6 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Listened to that as well. Did a good job pointing out how the Bills team isn’t the 2017 Jags or 2018 Bears. When you live off turnovers for points, like the Cheating Pats did this year, you have more room for regression. I didn’t look into the Pats numbers deeper. I know off the top of my head the Bills game and I believe the Bengals game they were aided by ST turnover. Bills are on the way up. Someone should do a dive into NE ways of winning this year. I bet it’s not sustainable. 

Also the Browns game. Chubb was fumbling all over the place in the early part of that game! Killed any chances for the Brownies and the Pats capitalized.

• Thank you (+1) 1