What if? If the Bills beat the Chiefs today the AFC Championship Game is in Orchard Park next week for the right to go to SB LIV

It's like my dad used to say: "If, if, if...if the queen had a d***, she'd be king."  It is indeed, water under the bridge.  We lost to Houston in a close one, just like we lost to Cleveland in a close one, back in the '89 wildcard game.  This loss will help galvanize this team for next season.  I expect no less than a division crown for us next season.

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Look at it this way. Suppose we do and Tennesee comes to our house and beats us. Remember we stayed with Baltimore but Tennessee manhandled them. We may have gotten embarrassed by them if we got past KC. This is the way it all went down. We won that game. Refs took it away from us or whatever you want to say but it is over and like @HOUSEpointed out, its water under the bridge.

There is no way in hell the Titans come into our house and beat the Bills.  It would take a substantial and cataclysmic collapse, a missed kick that was likely to be made, or some sorta whacky and controversial trick play for that to happen. 

I just don’t see it happening. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

2 hours ago, Moose said:

Yeah, and IF ONLY I had purchased $1,000 worth of AAPL shares instead of $100 back in 1995 I'd have over half a million dollars right now. ?

My friend, you have to try not to think about things that are only going to drive you crazy. 

So, you turned $100 into $50,000 on Apple? Pretty great return. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There is no way in hell the Titans come into our house and beat the Bills.  It would take a substantial and cataclysmic collapse, a missed kick that was likely to be made, or some sorta whacky and controversial trick play for that to happen. 

I just don’t see it happening. 

I can't be confident of this yet....YET. 

The Bills seriously need to go all out in these next 3-4 years because the quality of QB play in the AFC has never been. We have a real opportunity to go to a super bowl as long as we have this defense. 

we just need to have better QB play. Allen has to take the next step next season. 

What if the punt wasn't blocked? What if House made a fg in Cleveland? What if the refs didn't screw us all year? The bottom line is we probably lost an opening game to the weakest team in the afc playoffs. We have to stop sitting  on leads which we've done all year. How bout we get a home playoff game by winning our division.  What a novel idea. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills coaching was not "playoff caliber" in the last 5 weeks (1-4 record).     It was all in front of them after the Thanksgiving game but instead of taking the momentum and building on they made their team worse.   They lacked playmakers to help cover up for the late season mediocrity on the sideline.  Beane needs to address that personnel deficiency to eliminate excuses and we need to hope that the coaching staff employs that "growth mindset" and doesn't repeat the mistakes we saw in Dec/Jan.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills coaching was not "playoff caliber" in the last 5 weeks (1-4 record).     It was all in front of them after the Thanksgiving game but instead of taking the momentum and building on they made their team worse.   They lacked playmakers to help cover up for the late season mediocrity on the sideline.  Beane needs to address that personnel deficiency to eliminate excuses and we need to hope that the coaching staff employs that "growth mindset" and doesn't repeat the mistakes we saw in Dec/Jan.

I.e., we need to be sure McDermott isn’t one of those coaches who fears actually having star players on his roster, with everything that entails.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Chiefs will make us feel better today.  The Texans & the "great" Watson will not get past that team in KC.  

If they do, Reid's reputation is well-earned. I don't think that's the case, though.  The guy can coach, and will have that team ready.

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I.e., we need to be sure McDermott isn’t one of those coaches who fears actually having star players on his roster, with everything that entails.

There are a number of things that most teams have to deal with that they have avoided by clearing out Whaley/Buddy's 1st and 2nd round picks.    No veteran stars on massive contracts and none of their own free agents to worry about the past two offseasons.    That's a huge amount of stress avoided.   Combine that with very little pressure to win and that definitely simplified both of McDermott and Beane's jobs for the past 2 years.

I remember when Parcells took over that 1-15 Dolphins team and they went 11-5.    People were lining up to call him the greatest turnaround guy ever and his take was that it was MUCH easier to go from bad to a 10-11 win team than it was to go from 10-11 wins to the kind that gets homefield advantage and can win there.    

The Bills illustrated that point in real time in 2019.........they had a chance to earn the #1seed in December and instead they played some of their worst football to end the season.

They've proven now that under low pressure circumstances they can win 9-11 games...........the next step is going to require them to show a lot more.

They need to approach this offseason with urgency like they are still a bad team and that their jobs are on the line.   Can't go into year 4 with a defense that only works at a high level if the opponent gives up on the run but then at the same time have no identity and not nearly enough playmakers on offense to complement the defensive approach.       

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Just when I thought I had moved on from last week’s heartbreaking loss, the stars aligned on the other side of the draw as the Titans upset the Ravens and the wound is flowing again.

Sigh...

This is a pathetic mentality.  What makes you think the Bills could actually best KC at home when they struggled scoring points against Houston?  Yes it’s possible but it’s pointless to lament, when the Bills had an opportunity to win and let it slip away.  

The takeaway from the Houston loss is that the Bills are probably another year away from competing.  I don’t see them fairing any better in KC