What if? If the Bills beat the Chiefs today the AFC Championship Game is in Orchard Park next week for the right to go to SB LIV

I’m really, really hoping KC looks like an elite team over the next couple of weeks. That I’ll make me feel better about all of this. I thought that they were the nightmare matchup for the Bills. I really hope that I was right. If KC wins handily today I’ll be at peace. Hoping it looks like SF - Minnesota did yesterday, a mismatch.

• Like (+1) 5

Sorry to bring this up , I guess I'm just not over the L yet and I know everyone is aware of this and it just makes last week that much more heartbreaking.

Re watched the game,  and we were clearly the better team that day , at least for 47 minutes. Unfortunately just had one too many miscues and very questionable offensive play calling. 

It's just crazy to think what could have and should have been - Buffalo having 1 game to give them the opportunity to Host the AFC Championship game. Ughhh. Unreal , 

• Like (+1) 1

Yup. The window was open, wish our team could’ve taken advantage of the 16-0 lead they built.  Nothing is guaranteed for next year.

meanwhile, how’d you like to be a KC fan waking up this morning?  Your big obstacles NE and Baltimore are gone.  All you gotta do is take care of business at home vs Houston and Tenn.  what an amazing opportunity for the Chiefs and their fans.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m really, really hoping KC looks like an elite team over the next couple of weeks. That I’ll make me feel better about all of this. I thought that they were the nightmare matchup for the Bills. I really hope that I was right. If KC wins handily today I’ll be at peace. Hoping it looks like SF - Minnesota did yesterday, a mismatch.

This just means we get to hear about how we missed on Mahomes all off season.

I personally don't care but everyone wants to hang on to the ifs and buts for some reason. 

Wow I just made this post after re watching the game! 

It's heartbreaking. This place and the fan base would be on fire today with that on the line. On the bright side , it looks like the AFC is going to be wide open for the forseeable future and I'm very confident we will be back next year and years to come

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yup. The window was open, wish our team could’ve taken advantage of the 16-0 lead they built.  Nothing is guaranteed for next year.

meanwhile, how’d you like to be a KC fan waking up this morning?  Your big obstacles NE and Baltimore are gone.  All you gotta do is take care of business at home vs Houston and Tenn.  what an amazing opportunity for the Chiefs and their fans.

Yes the Chiefs and their fans are estatic I'm sure , but the Texans have to be feeling the same , potentially being able to host the game as well. I think the Chiefs are happy to be playing Hou over Buf. 

But that Titan team is no joke. They are basically the Bills with a potentially all time great RB. Tannehil has 160 yards combined these past 2 weeks! 

I kept thinking , why did Dabol stop running Motor , who was on fire imo and in the zone . Ugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

This just means we get to hear about how we missed on Mahomes all off season.

I personally don't care but everyone wants to hang on to the ifs and buts for some reason. 

Eh, if winning this game changes the way people view Mahomes so be it. He’s elite with or without this win.

It is certainly the least of all evils. KC has real fans. KC has Andy Reid whose been a great coach but never won the big one. They have speed and dynamic playmakers that are fun. They’ve been good for a while. IMO, they are the easiest team left to want to see succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nothin to see here, move along.,..

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kind of my thoughts.

KC was the scariest team by far for me in the AFC. Mahomes and Reid can dial up some offense. At home in KC, I really don’t think Houston has a shot. That Houston D is bad. KC just needs to play average D to win by 10+.

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

it’s a lot more fun to watch Derrick Henry make other teams his B word... I’m good if that doesn’t happen to the bills at home in a huge game. ?

I think McDermott would of done a good job scheming with Leslie. They have the first games tape. 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

it’s a lot more fun to watch Derrick Henry make other teams his B word... I’m good if that doesn’t happen to the bills at home in a huge game. ?

Would be very interesting matchup . We did beat them in Nashville with Mariota and Tanny is obviously a huge upgrade but he has under 200 yards combined in the last 2 weeks and McD had great success vs him in his 4 meetings. I think it'd be a similar game as week 4 , just sell out on stopping run

Look at it this way. Suppose we do and Tennesee comes to our house and beats us. Remember we stayed with Baltimore but Tennessee manhandled them. We may have gotten embarrassed by them if we got past KC. This is the way it all went down. We won that game. Refs took it away from us or whatever you want to say but it is over and like @HOUSEpointed out, its water under the bridge.

Edited by fansince88

While it’s interesting to think about, I am glad the Bills were nowhere near the super bowl this year- as they would likely lose if they got there- which would have been even more humiliating to fans...

When the Bills finally do return to the big game I want them to be so dominant that fans know they have good shot at winning...this was not that year imo...

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, and IF ONLY I had purchased $1,000 worth of AAPL shares instead of $100 back in 1995 I'd have over half a million dollars right now. ;-)

My friend, you have to try not to think about things that are only going to drive you crazy.