WR's helping their QB's

ILBillsfan

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Every NFL game I watch I see receivers make catches that I NEVER see the Bill's receivers make.  Last night was no different.  Not sure why anyone sober would even argue the point. 

Not true. There's not enough of them and that's fact but to say never? Knox had drops but some amazing catches too, Brown had some as well. Beasley will always be more a guy that gets open fast in the middle than a contested ball catcher and that's fine... as long as others step up.

Duke deserves a chance. He was the #1 WR vs  the Jets yet still open all game. And was targeted a lot in the playoff game. Is he the answer? Maybe not but McKenzie and Foster have not exactly over delivered as WR. Good on end around and ST though. Damn it's not easy for Beane and McD ha ha. It's so complex 

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Dumb and inaccurate, but thanks for playing anyways. 

It is completely dumb and inaccurate.........our QB never runs around in the backfield like a chicken with its head cut off, he also never fumbles the ball and our WR's always know what's going on.

...........................rolls eyes.

17 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Not true. There's not enough of them and that's fact but to say never? Knox had drops but some amazing catches too, Brown had some as well. Beasley will always be more a guy that gets open fast in the middle than a contested ball catcher and that's fine... as long as others step up.

Maybe never is to extreme how about ALMOST never. I will concede that Knox made a great contested catch against the Pats and his one handed catch against the Ravens, on a ball that Allen literally PLACED on his bicep, was sweet.  But that's it. 

Brown had a lot of nice solid catches but I don't recall anything special.  Ditto for Beasley, Duke, Foster, McKenzie, Singleterry, Gore, DeMarco, Kroft, Roberts & Smith.  Did you see the catch the TN guy made for the TD last night?  Or the catch the Ravens TE made for his TD? 

Other then the one handed catch of a perfectly placed Allen throw by Knox did a Bills receiver make even one play where the spectacular nature of the CATCH was an ESPN highlight? 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

It is completely dumb and inaccurate.........our QB never runs around in the backfield like a chicken with its head cut off, he also never fumbles the ball and our WR's always know what's going on.

Oooh you got me. There is a reason our Qb Runs and it’s often because we can’t block to save our lives, and or our receivers can’t get separation. There is a reason why Duke came in and instantly got 10 targets, our Smurfs don’t get open with regularity. You want to blame this all on Allen, you see the symptoms but don’t have the ability to see the cause. My 6 year old daughter loved to roll her eyes too....

8 minutes ago, Sweats said:

You must be a huge Wizard of Oz fan what with all the straw men you keep throwing out.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

How are the WR's supposed to help out Josh when he's running around in the backfield like he's on meth..........no one has any clue what he's doing back there and when or even if he's going to throw the ball...........more than likely, he'll just run with it and probably fumble it anyway, but.......

The dudes just flying by the seat of his pants back there and trying to improvise on every play and people are wondering why the WR's aren't  helping him out more?

Wow........just wow.

that’s a bit harsh. There’s been breakdowns at times this past season, but Allen put together some long stretches of pretty mistake-free football.

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

And? This is not a pro Duke post... it’s a we need a bigger target to help josh post.....

“Bigger” doesn’t necessarily mean better though - the OP mentioned brown and brown. Marquise is downright small and he had the biggest day of any wideout in that game yesterday. AJ is about average in height for wideouts, maybe a tick above average. Getting some monstrous WR in here could well help, but I’d rather just go with a great receiver, regardless of height.

And Josh is going to have to learn to help himself one of these years if he wants to be great. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

“Bigger” doesn’t necessarily mean better though - the OP mentioned brown and brown. Marquise is downright small and he had the biggest day of any wideout in that game yesterday. AJ is about average in height for wideouts, maybe a tick above average. Getting some monstrous WR in here could well help, but I’d rather just go with a great receiver, regardless of height.

And Josh is going to have to learn to help himself one of these years if he wants to be great. 

I don’t think you understand my origins post at all.... it was simply that josh doesn’t trust his receivers make contested catches, but once a bigger physical WR was in the game, in Duke. He looked to throw to him if people were covered.

im not sure what or why you are trying to battle me on this. It’s not a pro or anti josh post. It’s not a pro or anti Duke post... it was simply an observation on Josh’s comfort level when receivers were blanketed...

9 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

This is why people were shocked that Duke Williams had so many targets in the one game he was actually on the field a lot. Josh went to him when WR's were covered because he is the only one capable of making a contested catch. Beasley isnt out fighting anyone for the ball, Brown only can on underthrown deep balls when he is first to break back on it. 

I think Brown can be a number as far as target and play priority... but we need a bigger body guy (not necessarily some 6' 5" giant), who will be physical enough to feel comfortable making a play if everyone is covered.

There are lots of quality non smurf wrs in this years draft

Shenault 

Jefferson 

Pittman.....to name a few....

• Like (+1) 1

I think Josh will need to start to trust his guys better as when he did throw  those passes for the WR to go get and make a play for him often they were intercepted or the WR just stood there and watched the DB intercept it ala Zay jones.

Do like the options the Bills have via the draft

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Maybe never is to extreme how about ALMOST never. I will concede that Knox made a great contested catch against the Pats and his one handed catch against the Ravens, on a ball that Allen literally PLACED on his bicep, was sweet.  But that's it. 

Brown had a lot of nice solid catches but I don't recall anything special.  Ditto for Beasley, Duke, Foster, McKenzie, Singleterry, Gore, DeMarco, Kroft, Roberts & Smith.  Did you see the catch the TN guy made for the TD last night?  Or the catch the Ravens TE made for his TD? 

Other then the one handed catch of a perfectly placed Allen throw by Knox did a Bills receiver make even one play where the spectacular nature of the CATCH was an ESPN highlight? 

I think Knox might of had more than 1 of them, he just also had some drops on some real easy ones. I'm excited to see how that connections develops with Knox likely as the #1 TE this offseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I think Josh will need to start to trust his guys better as when he did throw  those passes for the WR to go get and make a play for him often they were intercepted or the WR just stood there and watched the DB intercept it ala Zay jones.

Do like the options the Bills have via the draft

You know what will happen then don’t you?  Go back and read through the threads about the throw to DiMarco.  Threw it to him trying to let him make a play, DiMarco had position, jumps a split second later and he catches it.  But who got teamed over it?  Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You know what will happen then don’t you?  Go back and read through the threads about the throw to DiMarco.  Threw it to him trying to let him make a play, DiMarco had position, jumps a split second later and he catches it.  But who got teamed over it?  Allen.

yeah this is exactly.......but I also think this is what Josh needs guys making plays for him....it was there but this was just a miserable fail as Dimarcco jumped way too early but I doubt he is in the position very often