WR's helping their QB's

ILBillsfan

The two Browns helping out their QB's in the games tonight with some amazing catches.  Love Brown and Beasley but this is what the Bills WR's need to start doing for Josh.  Please Beane get Allen a guy who makes plays in the passing game for the QB.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

The two Browns helping out their QB's in the games tonight with some amazing catches.  Love Brown and Beasley but this is what the Bills WR's need to start doing for Josh.  Please Beane get Allen a guy who makes plays in the passing game for the QB.  

This is why people were shocked that Duke Williams had so many targets in the one game he was actually on the field a lot. Josh went to him when WR's were covered because he is the only one capable of making a contested catch. Beasley isnt out fighting anyone for the ball, Brown only can on underthrown deep balls when he is first to break back on it. 

I think Brown can be a number as far as target and play priority... but we need a bigger body guy (not necessarily some 6' 5" giant), who will be physical enough to feel comfortable making a play if everyone is covered.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

This is why people were shocked that Duke Williams had so many targets in the one game he was actually on the field a lot. Josh went to him when WR's were covered because he is the only one capable of making a contested catch. Beasley isnt out fighting anyone for the ball, Brown only can on underthrown deep balls when he is first to break back on it. 

I think Brown can be a number as far as target and play priority... but we need a bigger body guy (not necessarily some 6' 5" giant), who will be physical enough to feel comfortable making a play if everyone is covered.

and Duke ended up catching 4 of 10 targets.

Marquise Brown is 5’9”.

AJ Brown is 6’1”.

• Like (+1) 1

How are the WR's supposed to help out Josh when he's running around in the backfield like he's on meth..........no one has any clue what he's doing back there and when or even if he's going to throw the ball...........more than likely, he'll just run with it and probably fumble it anyway, but.......

The dudes just flying by the seat of his pants back there and trying to improvise on every play and people are wondering why the WR's aren't  helping him out more?

Wow........just wow.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

How are the WR's supposed to help out Josh when he's running around in the backfield like he's on meth..........no one has any clue what he's doing back there and when or even if he's going to throw the ball...........more than likely, he'll just run with it and probably fumble it anyway, but.......

The dudes just flying by the seat of his pants back there and trying to improvise on every play and people are wondering why the WR's aren't  helping him out more?

Wow........just wow.

All the lols. Looks like someone doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Wow........just wow.

Wow match this with your Tennessee take - nice troll job.  

Unreal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I agree, we need our guys to make more plays.  When I say our guys I'm also including the QB.  He can't be as inconsistent as he's shown.

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Wow........just wow.

Dumb and inaccurate, but thanks for playing anyways. 

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Wow........just wow.

Heisenberg would be disappointed in your assessment. Shame on you. 

6 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I think Sean and Beane are at fault for not getting Josh a true #1,  Brown and Beasley are #3 WR'S on most teams.  The fact is this team had a very easy schedule and lost against the good teams during the regular season,  if they don't bring play makers in next season then i could see them not even making the playoffs. 

Both Metcalf & Brown for the Titans were available to the Bills and they chose to go with Ford who could not even start on every down.  Sean thinks you can win games kicking FG'S and it cost them against the Texans.  The sad thing is this season was wide open for anyone to win and that may not be the case next year.

I did not like hearing Beane & Sean talk about not being active in free agency despite having 90 mill in cap space and they would prefer to take care of their own.  Paying what you have more is not going to make you better,  you need to bring in play makers on both sides of the ball if you expect to not only make the playoffs but win in the playoffs. 

Every team needs WRs that intuitively make plays on the ball, and can work with the QB during every passing play,  more than speed is needed in a wideout, or every receiver for that matter, not that speed hurts ? but look at Foster, speed without cognitive ability is pretty much worthless, I will assume The Beanster  , and SM realize this, and in year 3/4 for these guys they get two of such WRs for next season, and teach the current gang that it’s really important to catch the G D ball. Just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Would love to see the Bucs go the Dolphins route and make Evans available for a 2nd or 3rd round pick... 

That will never happen, but he is awesome.  There is no way Arians is giving up a weapon like that. I’ve been watching him for years as I live here.  Basically two TV’s.  The larger one is for the Bills, and the smaller was the Bucs.

Just now, whatdrought said:

More like a first and second, if not two firsts... either way, I’d pay out happily.

I'd just draft this guy and be done with it. Same exact body type and style of player as Mike Evans. He will also probably put up numbers similar to Evans at the combine. 

• Like (+1) 1

We all knew “the process”..

Getting Josh playmakers was always going to be this offseason.   

I have faith Beane comes through.  

....:but man, do I have a bad taste in my mouth for the play of our WRs after watching these playoffs.  It couldn’t be more obvious that we need 1, probably 2, upgrades at WR. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

We all knew “the process”..

Getting Josh playmakers was always going to be this offseason.   

I have faith Beane comes through.  

....:but man, do I have a bad taste in my mouth for the play of our WRs after watching these playoffs.  It couldn’t be more obvious that we need 1, probably 2, upgrades at WR. 

I'm with you. Without having to create an entirely competent offense this offseason it will be interesting to see how Beane handles business and what talent he can surround Josh with.