A Haters Guide for Rooting for Remaining Teams

KingBoots8

1 hour ago, Aaronthebaron said:

Anyone else find it strange that it’s likely going to be GB vs KC, a rematch of Super Bowl I in the NFL’s 100th season. A little strange is all I’m suggesting.

I’m betting that the NFL would be very happy with that Super Bowl I matchup for their 100th season.

BTW, it’s also strange that all the “bird” teams (Ravens, Seahawks, Eagles) and all the “hoof/horn” teams (Buffalo, Vikings, Texans) are out. 

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills lost, they won't be going to the SB this year. Not sure what you are trying to say. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We blew a 16-0 lead to a team that just gave up 51 points.  I could care less about what conference wins the Superbowl.  I'm hoping for a 49ers and Chiefs Superbowl because it would be the most intriguing of the possible matchups. 

What I am saying is what my father told me a long time ago. You root for who put you out, in this case now the team that put them out, because if you lose to the eventual winner then you obviously had some play, some swagger. If you lose to the team that lost to the team that lost to the champs, then you are looking at the rear end of the losers and not the winners. At that point you are just some chump at the back of the pack. 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:18 AM, billsfan714 said:

I'll be rooting for the Chiefs.    First real game I can remember watching was the Xmas day playoff game against the Dolphins,     Was of fan on that team and the their players---Willie Lanier, Otis Taylor,, Podalak, Buchanon, Dawson, etc,  consider the Chiefs my second favorite team.

Can’t say the Chiefs are my second favorite team or not,  but I am totally on board with that nostalgia. Rooted like hell as a kid for the Chiefs to best the Vikings in SBIII and legitimize the AFL. Absolutely loved those Stram-led teams with all those players you mentioned,  especially Otis Taylor. Remember when he kicked big Ben Davidson’s ass on Monday Night Football? Loved little Nolan Smith as well. 

How many Super Bowls have they already won:

5 - San Francisco 

4 - Green Bay 

1 - Kansas City

0 - Tennessee 

I kind of want San Francisco to get to 6 so the pats 6 win club is bigger and the QB they ditched has success the year Brady fades.

Can't route for Tennessee, need the 0 win club to stay as it is until the Bills win one

• Like (+1) 1

49ers all the way.

2nd is the Titans, they define the word ‘meh’. Don’t like them, don’t hate them, don’t care.

3rd is the Packers. I find their fanbase to be extremely obnoxious.

4th and last is the Chiefs. I have no respect for any team with a-holes in the stands doing the tomahawk chop and chant all game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Can’t say the Chiefs are my second favorite team or not,  but I am totally on board with that nostalgia. Rooted like hell as a kid for the Chiefs to best the Vikings in SBIII and legitimize the AFL. Absolutely loved those Stram-led teams with all those players you mentioned,  especially Otis Taylor. Remember when he kicked big Ben Davidson’s ass on Monday Night Football? Loved little Nolan Smith as well. 

If the AFC wins the SB this year, the AFC and NFC (and AFL/NFL) will be tied with 27 SB wins apiece.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, iinii said:

What I am saying is what my father told me a long time ago. You root for who put you out, in this case now the team that put them out, because if you lose to the eventual winner then you obviously had some play, some swagger. If you lose to the team that lost to the team that lost to the champs, then you are looking at the rear end of the losers and not the winners. At that point you are just some chump at the back of the pack. 

I used that logic in '00 because I knew the Titans and us were the two best teams in the AFC.  Anybody who watched this latest WC game knew we were better than the Texans and it was just a comedy or mental lapses by the players, coaching staff, and officials that lost us that game.  We're viewed around the league as an up and coming team no matter who wins the SB.  

Not displeased at all that the hole in the chin and the Texans team lost. To watched him go from gleeful celebrating to a depressed funk was almost as good as watching Belichek getting "Belicheked" by Vrabel.... Sometimes there is justice.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

49ers all the way.

2nd is the Titans, they define the word ‘meh’. Don’t like them, don’t hate them, don’t care.

3rd is the Packers. I find their fanbase to be extremely obnoxious.

4th and last is the Chiefs. I have no respect for any team with a-holes in the stands doing the tomahawk chop and chant all game.

Chiefs all the way for me. I love Mahomes' game, and more importantly, if the AFC wins, they'll be tied 27-27 with the NFC (the fact that I care about that is pathetic, I know). I don't hate the Niners and won't be surprised if they win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I used that logic in '00 because I knew the Titans and us were the two best teams in the AFC.  Anybody who watched this latest WC game knew we were better than the Texans and it was just a comedy or mental lapses by the players, coaching staff, and officials that lost us that game.  We're viewed around the league as an up and coming team no matter who wins the SB.  

I can agree with that, which is why I am for the Titans/Chefs. It makes us look better. 

I used to live in KC, have may friends there, and since they haven't been to the show in fifty years or so I'll root for them. I like it that they are one of the original AFL teams, too. 

Edited by Dr. K

On 1/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

Since Baltimore has been eliminated, I want San Francisco to win it all.  I like John Lynch and how he built the team from the lines out.

I do too but prefer KC just because I'm not a Richard Sherman fan.

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I do too but prefer KC just because I'm not a Richard Sherman fan.

I don't think KC makes it past Tennessee.  Andy Reid and Super Bowls don't go together, much like oil and water.