A Haters Guide for Rooting for Remaining Teams

KingBoots8

8 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

KC: same as above, but replace Jackson with Mahomes. They won’t win anyway since they’ve got Wilfred Briml... I mean Andy Reid choking on the playoff spotlight like usual.

image.png.6634f525047ade0936f6d82817a5dd1d.png

I'll take a KC/San Francisco SB. I'd like to watch "Mahomey" evade that SF defense for 4 quarters. 

Default rooting for KC/AFC team otherwise.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm sure there are teams I'd root for over others, but who wins or loses is not a big deal to me.  I'm more interested in watching the game and wanting some suspense in the outcome.

Very little makes me root FOR a team (has to be a team I am a life-long fan of, like the Bills)

Only a few things make me root against a team:  1.  Overwhelming favorites where I get sick of the media saying how great they are.  2. Dynasties, I don't like seeing the same teams over and over.  3. Teams who cheat (Pats, Astros, Redsox) or teams who got to where they are by bending the rules too much.

None of those things really stand out to me with who is remaining, so I'm all good with anyone who is left.

I tend to root for certain fan bases more than players in this situation. KC is the fan base who I think would be most appreciative of winning it all. It’s also fun to watch a team like a Tennessee come out of nowhere to make an unexpected run. However, I just can’t root for teams with three fans like the Titans to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Having Brady’s replacement win gives the edge to San Fran to me?

To me the worst possible SB is San Fran and Ten, because Jimmy is from the Pats, Vrabel was a Pat. Media would somehow twist this as how great NE is and we would hear about them more than the teams actually playing anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

We could have had a home AFC championship game against the Titans who we already beat...

Oh well they beat the Patriots and they are the underdog so go Titans I guess, plus it would be nice to say we beat the champs.  People just need to get over the Miracle thing, it was decades ago and they didn't cheat or whatever.

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

We could have had a home AFC championship game against the Titans who we already beat...

Oh well they beat the Patriots and they are the underdog so go Titans I guess, plus it would be nice to say we beat the champs.  People just need to get over the Miracle thing, it was decades ago and they didn't cheat or whatever.

Don’t tell me what to do. 

I want SF to beat GB in the Championship game because Rodgers is probably still angry that SF didn’t draft him. He’s an a-hole. 

I want SF to beat KC huge (like shut the TV off early big) in the SB. Brady’s understudy playing for the 49ers is a good side story. Also, I want to see the 49ers running game > KC passing game.  Run for your life, Mahomes!

Seattle and Tennessee can’t get eliminated fast enough just because of their head coaches. I guess I could say that about Houston, too, and I will add that I never want to see JJWatt on TV again. 

Edited by snafu