Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The homerist of homer takes lol. Lots of teams have shut him down with just a blitz, and week in and week out we see the replay where he missed an open receiver after locking on to someone pre snap. He might become this mythical QB you speak of, but he isn't there yet. 

What I mean by that is you will never completely figure Allen out because while your figuring him out as a DC Josh Allen will be on the field figuring you out. There are no chinks in Allens armor, nothing he can't do, and when the football Gods created him they had one thing in mind. The champion of champions. Strongest cannon, a lions heart. The greatest New Era, power forward QB/modern day gladiator that ever walked the grid iron. A living legend on the horizon.

My homerist of homer takes... 

Edited by Figster
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

He had a rush toward the end of the game where he got tripped up after looking like he might have scored...he spiked the ball in frustration when they absolutely needed to clock it. 

I usually don’t put a ton of stock into personalities or whatever but I thought Jackson’s reaction to adversity last night would worry me as a Ravens fan. 

I've seen that with him earlier in the season. I'm talking before the Bills game even. He has not been tested anywhere near as much as Allen, and when he has been tested, has not handled it well. It's a trend. When you give a guy that kind of love before he has gone through the ringer, there could be a very powerful "snap back". That's why Allen is so impressive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Figster said:

What I mean by that is you will never completely figure Allen out because while your figuring him out as a DC Josh Allen will be on the field figuring you out. There are no chinks in Allens armor, nothing he can't do, and when the football Gods created him they had one thing in mind. The champion of champions. Strongest cannon, a lions heart. The greatest New Era, power forward QB/ gladiator that ever walked the grid iron.

My homerist of homer takes... 

You're not 100% wrong. 

Lamar and Baker were the ultimate instant gratification. "I want to be a millionaire and drive a red Ferrari when I'm 18" type of QB.

Josh Allen is the ultimate delayed gratification. "I'm going to build my fundamentals to the fullest and do it right, and have no debt and millions of dollars in the bank when I'm 35" type of QB.

Hope that made sense. We're doing it right. The Mahomes and Lamar's have not yet shown they can handle adversity. They're the equivalent of trust fund babies who get treated like everyone else had the same opportunities. Allen is the ignored blue-collar guy who is overcoming the odds. The city should have had his back from the beginning. 

Just now, Bigmanbills88 said:

As Logan Ryan said they used the bills defensive game plan against baltimore. 

I remember one poster told me after my Lamar thread that if I figured out Lamar and nobody else has, then I should be a DC. Well, I guess he was right :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

You're not 100% wrong. 

Lamar and Baker were the ultimate instant gratification. "I want to be a millionaire and drive a red Ferrari when I'm 18" type of QB.

Josh Allen is the ultimate delayed gratification. "I'm going to build my fundamentals to the fullest and do it right, and have no debt and millions of dollars in the bank when I'm 35" type of QB.

Hope that made sense. We're doing it right. The Mahomes and Lamar's have not yet shown they can handle adversity. They're the equivalent of trust fund babies who get treated like everyone else had the same opportunities. Allen is the ignored blue-collar guy who is overcoming the odds. The city should have had his back from the beginning. 

Myself personally, I think the 2018 QB draft class itself was a great one and from that class as some of the more savvy sports analyst have predicted Josh Allen will become the greatest.

I thought your post made perfect sense.

Mahomes will become Allens biggest rival IMO.( Another highly coveted creation of the football gods)

This was posted a few days ago about Lamar Jackson:

I have a problem with the Jim Kelly stat above. He got his first playoff win in his third year in the NFL (he started in 1986). And he only spent two years in the USFL, so he should have written "5th year" if he was going that route..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kelly

Edited by chongli

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

This was posted a few days ago about Lamar Jackson:

I have a problem with the Jim Kelly stat above. He got his first playoff win in his third year in the NFL (he started in 1986). Otherwise, if you say it was his sixth year and count his USFL years, you should then also accept he won playoff games in the USFL. You can't have it both ways. And he only spent two years in the USFL, so he should have written "5th year" if he was going that route..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Kelly

Better hope not. I don’t think Lamar will hold up for 6 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1