Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

15 hours ago, wppete said:

I’m sick to my stomach watching this game. We can beat both these teams!

Everyone thinks that with the Titans.. so far in the playoffs no one has. 

As a Pats fan I just like to say to the Ravens D regarding Henry.. “you guys didn’t look like you wanted to tackle him at all either!” Oh and you gave up 28 points at home to them!! Tsk tsk teach you to brag before the game.. 

Edited by PatsFanNH

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Lamar had an amazing regular season, their ground attack essentially setup all their deadly passes over the middle and it was a combination that most of the NFL wasn’t able to figure out. And he deserves to be the league MVP.

With that said, I think the book is out on him now.  Stop the RB from getting his yards consistently.

Get outside contain on Lamar.

Take away his up the middle passes and force him to throw to the outside.

I know the Josh Allen haters don’t want to hear it and I know that Allen’s detractors in the media don’t see it but Allen’s upside is more exciting for me.   Allen can hit the outside passes as good as anyone in the league.   He just needs to continue to progress the way he did this past year.

Continue to improve on his mechanics.

Not be afraid to let his players make a play on the ball and to not be so cautious by overthrowing it.

Continue to keep getting better at seeing the field post snap.

And to continue getting more snaps and experience.

Get better at releasing the ball quicker vs the blitz.

Josh markedly improved on all those fronts except for allowing his receivers an opportunity to make a play on his he ball and getting the ball out against the blitz.

So I am very bullish on Allen’s prospects, more so now than ever.   He really was having a really good game up until the final quarter and even then he did make some incredible passes that only a handful of QBs could have made.

I just don’t believe Lamar will be able to replicate what he did this season.   I’ve always thought that it was unsustainable.   I could be wrong and I certainly didn’t see him Doing what he did this past year.   

I got beat up for this bad after starting the Lamar thread after the Bills game. Glad to see cooler heads prevail. The national media love was too intense, and millions of fans went along for the ride. 

• Like (+1) 2

Man, twitter & the rest are going off on Lamar & the Ravens.  People read SO much into one game.

The Ravens came out rusty, and the Titans were ready.  That's really it.  Had that tipped pass not gone INT in Q1, they probably score and it becomes tough for the run-centric Titans to come back on the road. That's why they play the games, and why the playoffs are so exciting.

But to write an epitaph for either the Ravens or Jackson's "style of play" is silly.  They had a bad game. They'll be a force in the AFC for years.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Man, twitter & the rest are going off on Lamar & the Ravens.  People read SO much into one game.

The Ravens came out rusty, and the Titans were ready.  That's really it.  Had that tipped pass not gone INT in Q1, they probably score and it becomes tough for the run-centric Titans to come back on the road. That's why they play the games, and why the playoffs are so exciting.

But to write an epitaph for either the Ravens or Jackson's "style of play" is silly.  They had a bad game. They'll be a force in the AFC for years.

That's not really all there is to it. You can talk about the Titans being run centric; however, there isn't a more run centric team in the NFL than the Ravens. There are very legitimate questions regarding Jackson if that team has to rely on his arm to win games.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Or , or maybe the blue print is out how to deal with this college style offense and , and maybe Lamar will end up in few years where Collin K and RGII1/2  is now ? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I just read that the Ravens had the ball inside if the Titans 40 on 8 different drives and Jackson accounted for over 500 yards of offense.

Something clearly went wrong.

The Ravens got out coached plain and simple. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

Or , or maybe the blue print is out how to deal with this college style offense and , and maybe Lamar will end up in few years where Collin K and RGII1/2  is now ? 

Maybe, but I didn't see that last night.  He made some amazing throws, and his receivers had some uncharacteristic drops.

Maybe he will be a flash in the pan, but I don't know how we can conclude that w/ one game.  

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

It will be interesting to watch. Baltimore led the NFL, by far, in average lead at the start of their drives at almost 7 points. Baltimore was so rarely behind by an real margin that they never had to deviate from their reliance of everything revolving around the run game and rely soley on Jackson's arm. I suspect if they have to rely on the passing game to win, Jackson will, more often than not, look like he did last. However, it remains to be seen.

You could see it in the Bills game.  When the Ravens were held to 2 yards or less on first down, Jackson’s effectiveness plummeted, and they were even worse in third and long.  When forced to make plays in the passing game, they couldn’t do it.  Everything about Jackson’s game is premised on getting a lead and staying ahead of the sticks.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Success said:

Did you forget about last years playoff disaster ?    

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

also weird that if we win that game last week we'd be playing for the right to host the AFC championship game. Imagine how pumped everyone would be

Big if though. Woulda had to get through Kansas city at home. Woulda been tough, but yes, this week would have been alot of fun

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They Looked very flat and unmotivated. It may have been better for them to not lock up the #1 seed so early after all 

The Ravens essentially had three weeks off.  I have to believe that’s not good for a team that has been on a roll, playing a meaningful game every week.

• Like (+1) 1

Just something @GoBills808 said in the shoutbox I agreed with and not sure if it has been mentioned here..... but Jackson's body language when it started to go against them was awful. There was a play where Snead had a bad drop and he turned to the sideline and threw his arms up like "what am I supposed to do with that?" There was another where his LG got beaten badly off the snap and the penetration killed a called QB run and again he started finger pointing. That would be a worry moving forward. 

One thing that goes in Josh's favour (and the same is true of Sam Darnold actually) is that while at times he has looked a little rattled or chaotic here and there when he has faced adversity created by failures around him (of which there have been plenty) he has never become a blamer of his guys. Something that Josh, and as I say Sam too, have over Lamar and Baker at this stage. That bodes well here moving forwards. 

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

You could see it in the Bills game.  When the Ravens were held to 2 yards or less on first down, Jackson’s effectiveness plummeted, and they were even worse in third and long.  When forced to make plays in the passing game, they couldn’t do it.  Everything about Jackson’s game is premised on getting a lead and staying ahead of the sticks.  

Yea. Get them in third and long and take away the middle of the field. Let him have the throws to the outside. Make him hit them with consistency. Not sure he has yet demonstrated that ability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Just something @GoBills808 said in the shoutbox I agreed with and not sure if it has been mentioned here..... but Jackson's body language when it started to go against them was awful. There was a play where Snead had a bad drop and he turned to the sideline and threw his arms up like "what am I supposed to do with that?" There was another where his LG got beaten badly off the snap and the penetration killed a called QB run and again he started finger pointing. That would be a worry moving forward. 

One thing that goes in Josh's favour (and the same is true of Sam Darnold actually) is that while at times he has looked a little rattled or chaotic here and there when he has faced adversity created by failures around him (of which there have been plenty) he has never become a blamer of his guys. Something that Josh, and as I say Sam too, have over Lamar and Baker at this stage. That bodes well here moving forwards. 

He had a rush toward the end of the game where he got tripped up after looking like he might have scored...he spiked the ball in frustration when they absolutely needed to clock it. 

I usually don’t put a ton of stock into personalities or whatever but I thought Jackson’s reaction to adversity last night would worry me as a Ravens fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I think, when all is said and done, Jackson's season will be seen as an anomaly. When was the last time that a QB on a team with the fewest pass attempts in the NFL finished 1st in passing TDs? I haven't done the research yet; however, my guess: rarely, if ever.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. Get them in third and long and take away the middle of the field. Let him have the throws to the outside. Make him hit them with consistency. Not sure he has yet demonstrated that ability. 

I haven’t seen it 

2 hours ago, Success said:

Maybe, but I didn't see that last night.  He made some amazing throws, and his receivers had some uncharacteristic drops.

Maybe he will be a flash in the pan, but I don't know how we can conclude that w/ one game.  

He threw for 365 yards and ran for 143 yards, a combined 508 yards.

The Ravens were in scoring position on 8 drives and only walked away with 13 points. That's on Harbaugh.