Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

That should be it for the “should’ve drafted Lamar” crowd.  

Put it this way.  At this point I'd rather have Lamar, but Allen is a very good consolation prize.  Better than Darnold or Rosen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

...the anointing drool for the rook Jackson being the "greatest invention since beer" appears to be a bit premature (yes the kid does have talent)......similar to the "RG II 1/8" hype...or...better yet, the prolific (COUGH) Jaws saying, "Kaep has the potential to be one of the top 10 greatest QB's"........the Henry kid is remarkable and the EXACT component our backfield is missing...."Thunder 'n Lightning" with Singeltary?....uh oh.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Check this out, so funny when fans cross the line into pure over-confidence:

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?188689-The-OFFICIAL-Titans-Ravens-Divisional-Round-Prediction-Thread

This prediction made me laugh:

"46-13, RG3 closes it out. We’re a better team in all areas. Henry is good, we have the #1 rushing offense."

Have to say, of all the opposing teams' forums I've checked out this season, the one with the most level headed fans is the Texans one. They're a bit like Bills fans, even when things are going well they still expect the worst to happen.

A few more fun predictions from Ravens fans:

"I’m going with our defense shutting down the not ready for prime time Titans...

Ravens 38
Titans 3"

"NOT CLOSE - Ravens by +17"

"no shot in hell Titans come to Baltimore and leave with the upset."

"With Ryan Tannehill playing it will make the Ravens think they are playing the Dolphins and the last three times the Ravens played the Dolphins, they have all been blowouts, so naturally the Ravens are going to beat the breaks off the Dolphins (Titans) to the tune of 49-3."

"This will be a blowout from start to finish, Titans are not prepared for Hurricane Lamar that is about to rock them at M&T!! May even see RG III late in the 4th

Ravens 35
Titans 10"

(Hurricane Lamar turned out to be a gust of wind about as powerful as one of my wet farts)

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TuelTime said:

Lol, I love how the fan base keeping using this statistic.. He wouldn't be behind in the fourth quarter if he didn't suck in the other 3!! Okay, now we want to add RUSHING TDs to the QB metric??? Come on guys.. try to be objective here.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

6 hours ago, london_bills said:

Remember that the Bills defence has protected Allen alot by keeping scores low.

The Ravens have scored way more points in games than the Bills. The Ravens have destroyed some teams offensively. We haven't done that. 

Regular season hero ???

Postseason bust.    0-2 and counting.   You think he will catch Andy Dalton ? 

Terrific game plan by Dean Pees. Before we played Baltimore the two things that I suggested was stop Ingram in the more traditional run game and then take away the middle of the field throws for Jackson - make him throw outside where he is less comfortable and less accurate. The Bills did a respectable job the Titans did an even better job on both. And the biggest difference? Their offense scored and put Baltimore behind. When you play Jackson you are never going to stop him getting yards on you on the ground. But if you are up early on them (all three teams that have beaten them this year - KC, Cleveland and Tennessee have established early leads) and you have taken away his middle of the field throws then his legs hurt you less in terms of preventing a come back. 

The Titans had a great plan and they not only managed the game well on offense with Henry but they scored touchdowns on great catches by receivers. 

Jackson had a great year. He is a player on the rise. But I never bought the "impossible to defend" line. I always believed that was the book. 

1. Take away the traditional run game with Ingram. 

2. Take away his middle of the field throws.

3. Make him play from behind. 

Titans had a perfect plan and in big moments they executed. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

This thread essentially turned into a ton of people trashing Lamar so they can prop up Allen. It’s super weird how insecure people get when another team also has a good young QB.

Why would anyone trash Lamar after watching him ? on himself 2x when the games matter ? 

Yikes bang 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Terrific game plan by Dean Pees. Before we played Baltimore the two things that I suggested was stop Ingram in the more traditional run game and then take away the middle of the field throws for Jackson - make him throw outside where he is less comfortable and less accurate. The Bills did a respectable job the Titans did an even better job on both. And the biggest difference? Their offense scored and put Baltimore behind. When you play Jackson you are never going to stop him getting yards on you on the ground. But if you are up early on them (all three teams that have beaten them this year - KC, Cleveland and Tennessee have established early leads) and you have taken away his middle of the field throws then his legs hurt you less in terms of preventing a come back. 

The Titans had a great plan and they not only managed the game well on offense with Henry but they scored touchdowns on great catches by receivers. 

Jackson had a great year. He is a player on the rise. But I never bought the "impossible to defend" line. I always believed that was the book. 

1. Take away the traditional run game with Ingram. 

2. Take away his middle of the field throws.

3. Make him play from behind. 

Titans had a perfect plan and in big moments they executed. 

Logan Ryan actually credited the Bills for our game plan and how it inspired theirs. Unfortunately, he also said we couldn’t score.

....kid is on a remarkable roll..................

Titans' Derrick Henry rushes for 195 yards in win, now has 377 in playoffs

Turron Davenport  ESPN

BALTIMORE -- The Tennessee Titans' hopes of winning games in the playoffs rest squarely on the shoulders of running back Derrick Henry. The 6-foot-3, 247-pound back put together a historic performance to fuel his team to a 28-12 playoff win.

To put things in perspective, Henry's 195-yard rushing performance against the Ravens was his third consecutive game (including the playoffs) with 180 or more yards. No other player has done that.

"They handed me a sheet that said, 'the only player in NFL history ...' Whatever comes after that is pretty much self-explanatory when it's the only player in NFL history. It's fun to get to coach him," Titans coach Mike Vrabel said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28468030/titans-derrick-henry-rushes-195-yards-win-now-377-playoffs

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Yup, but I don’t like gimmick football and It cratered magnificently tonight 

What rose to the top was the power running game. It HAD to happen sooner or later. We all know that the NFL is a passing league and the defenders are smaller. It even applies to the college game. I heard Nick Saban say that many linebackers who were flat out stars on his defense several years ago would probably not be starters today.

Jackson didn't lose that game. Derrick Henry and his blockers pounded the Raven into defeat. They were unable to stop him and beaten half to death by trying to. That team collectively is in quite a bit of physical pain right now. I am loving it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Logan Ryan actually credited the Bills for our game plan and how it inspired theirs. Unfortunately, he also said we couldn’t score.

Yep. We had absolutely the right plan against the Ravens. Our defense had the one blown play for the Hurst TD and our offensive execution was not where Tennessee's was. 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Really enjoying this titans run in the playoffs. I enjoy rooting for the underdog. Tannehill in the afc championship game though, who woulda thought lol 

also weird that if we win that game last week we'd be playing for the right to host the AFC championship game. Imagine how pumped everyone would be

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

To put the whole game on Jackson’s shoulders as a failure is just foolhardy.

Apply the same standard to Allen (not saying you personally don’t- but most don’t) 

I think it’s on the coaches really... they built a system that is 100% dependent on their best player never having a bad day. He had a bad day today and couldn’t overcome it. You saw that in his play, and you saw it in his attitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I just read that the Ravens had the ball inside if the Titans 40 on 8 different drives and Jackson accounted for over 500 yards of offense.

Something clearly went wrong.

A lot of those yards, even admittedly by ESPN (shockingly), were garbage time yards when the game was already decided. The Titans pretty much dominated the first 3 quarters of the game, controlled the clock, and forced 3 turnovers by Lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1