Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This thread essentially turned into a ton of people trashing Lamar so they can prop up Allen. It’s super weird how insecure people get when another team also has a good young QB.

Some of it is likely a bit of a response to the unbridled criticism and downright ridicule of Allen by talking heads on ESPN et al. It’s not insecurity, but rather a call for some objectivity and fairness by the hype train. It gets a little tiresome as a Bills fan sometimes. However , a peek at the Baltimore sun following tonight’s game is revealing. Sportswriters have commented on being “outcoached”, and “ Jackson’s weakness as a passer being exposed” decrying his lack of arm strength on passes outside the numbers. The grass isn’t always greener, and I’m fine with the guy the Bills have. At least for now. As Glanville famously stated, the NFL means “ Not For Long”. 

Edit: fwiw Tyler Dunne tweeted that Logan Ryan mentioned copying Bills game plan vs Jackson in postgame interview. Copycat league for sure. Curious that none of the National media guys gave the Bills D much credit at the time or after. Jackson and Ravens had few yards but got one huge cheap TD. They focused more on Allen and the failed 4th down pass. Seems that NFL players know what time it is , though. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I cant work out whether some people here think Josh Allen is actually better than Lamar Jackson right now or are just 'defending their guy.' ?

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This thread essentially turned into a ton of people trashing Lamar so they can prop up Allen. It’s super weird how insecure people get when another team also has a good young QB.

You guys seen all the Lamar Jackson hype on this forum. Guy could do no wrong. 

The QB's in Allens draft class will continue to be compared throughout their careers 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't.

Sorry. I know I'm being a little petty, but I can't stand the arrogance of the Ravens, the inevitability of them coming out of the AFC, and just the Lamar hype train.

It was all deserved... at least the Lamar hype. But next season I think they fall on their faces a little.

Being facetious 

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Nah I don’t care about propping anyone up just trashing ‘Lamar’ lmaooooo

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I don't see that as a sound conclusion.  Jackson has had exactly 1 good regular season, and 2 abysmal postseasons.

Jury is OUT.  Your post is proof positive that fans are more critical of their own QB's, and that the proverbial grass is always greener.

I think Jackson is one more post season failure away from permanent backup status.

Cmon dude. I think Peyton was 0-3 in his first 3 playoff games. Let's not jump to conclusions already. He's not my QB but he's still pretty darn good. 

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Cmon dude. I think Peyton was 0-3 in his first 3 playoff games. Let's not jump to conclusions already. He's not my QB but he's still pretty darn good. 

I don't think Lamar has longevity though. This league is not kind to running QB's long-term.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 hour ago, Success said:

I don't see that as a sound conclusion.  Jackson has had exactly 1 good regular season, and 2 abysmal postseasons.

Jury is OUT.  Your post is proof positive that fans are more critical of their own QB's, and that the proverbial grass is always greener.

I think Jackson is one more post season failure away from permanent backup status.

One more opening playoff lose and Lamar moves into Andy Dalton territory. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think Lamar has longevity though. This league is not kind to running QB's long-term.

And that’s the issue in a capsule, as many have brought up before. Logan Ryan’s comments postgame ( tweeted by Ty Dunne no link but it’s out there ) were revealing in that regard. He essentially said the Bills D did a good job vs Ravens but their Offense didn’t score much ( sound familiar?). They were going to stack the box to get him out of the run game and make him beat them with throws to the outside or play quarters . It sounded a lot like “ we’re going to make him be a QB” in so many words. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Some of it is likely a bit of a response to the unbridled criticism and downright ridicule of Allen by talking heads on ESPN et al. It’s not insecurity, but rather a call for some objectivity and fairness by the hype train. It gets a little tiresome as a Bills fan sometimes. However , a peek at the Baltimore sun following tonight’s game is revealing. Sportswriters have commented on being “outcoached”, and “ Jackson’s weakness as a passer being exposed” decrying his lack of arm strength on passes outside the numbers. The grass isn’t always greener, and I’m fine with the guy the Bills have. At least for now. As Glanville famously stated, the NFL means “ Not For Long”. 

Edit: fwiw Tyler Dunne tweeted that Logan Ryan mentioned copying Bills game plan vs Jackson in postgame interview. Copycat league for sure. Curious that none of the National media guys gave the Bills D much credit at the time or after. Jackson and Ravens had few yards but got one huge cheap TD. They focused more on Allen and the failed 4th down pass. Seems that NFL players know what time it is , though. 

This. It's a natural correction.

I feel like many of the Bills fans that are ardently supporting Lamar, were anti-Allen during the pre-draft process or Wrong Josh. Lamar was just an opportunity to move the goalposts. That's why they have such a weird man crush on him, considering he plays for the Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TuelTime said:

Ok, lets use rushing then... Jackson had 1200 yards rushing. 80 yards a game. That is roughly what Frank Gore (HOF) and Devin Singletary rushed for COMBINED. While throwing 16 more TDs than Allen on 50 less pass attempts.. Good god, you are the trolls people not me.. Try to be objective. Jackson is better than Allen

At this very moment maybe.  Long term we will see a lot of what the titans did

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Meh. I don't want to bash him so much as emphasize the fact that he's not the immortal superhero QB most of the national media portrayed him as this year.

He's an amazing athlete and is also a MUCH better passer than he was even last year.

He also has a pretty incredible roster and a potential HOF Head Coach who went all-in on a quirky offensive system tailored to his super athletic QB.

He had a fantastic regular season and then he had a bad playoff game. That's just what happened.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TuelTime said:

Well if we are just using the eye test, Allen is fools gold.. EJ 2.0. But let's not address to QB position for a couple years because Allen has a high ceiling.

EJ had 6 wins and 20 TD's in 5 years. Josh surpassed EJ's entire career's stats this season. 

By eye test do you mean make up whatever similarity in your own head that you want to make without any justification whatsoever? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Figster said:

The great Lamar Jackson has been conquered. Stop the run, force Jackson to throw to the outside, and like noodle arm magic, you stop the Ravens O.

Case solved.

This is something that will never happen with Josh Allen because he's smart , will continue to evolve, and can put the football anywhere on the football field at a high velocity. 

Oh, did I mention Allen can also run with the best of them...

The homerist of homer takes lol. Lots of teams have shut him down with just a blitz, and week in and week out we see the replay where he missed an open receiver after locking on to someone pre snap. He might become this mythical QB you speak of, but he isn't there yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

To put the whole game on Jackson’s shoulders as a failure is just foolhardy.

Yup, but I don’t like gimmick football and It cratered magnificently tonight 

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 2