Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

1 minute ago, TuelTime said:

EJ had poor offensive line play, bad WRs.. no run game.. you know all the same excuses that are made for Allen's poor play.

No, they were fine. He never had  the ability to play QB in the NFL at a starters level. He’s already retired, and never started again. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Well if we are just using the eye test, Allen is fools gold.. EJ 2.0. But let's not address to QB position for a couple years because Allen has a high ceiling.

128834141081192592.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm pretty sure you said:

he certainly didn't do a great job coming back from behind.

Ok, lets use rushing then... Jackson had 1200 yards rushing. 80 yards a game. That is roughly what Frank Gore (HOF) and Devin Singletary rushed for COMBINED. While throwing 16 more TDs than Allen on 50 less pass attempts.. Good god, you are the trolls people not me.. Try to be objective. Jackson is better than Allen

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Ok, lets use rushing then... Jackson had 1200 yards rushing. 80 yards a game. That is roughly what Frank Gore (HOF) and Devin Singletary rushed for COMBINED. While throwing 16 more TDs than Allen on 50 less pass attempts.. Good god, you are the trolls people not me.. Try to be objective. Jackson is better than Allen

I don't see that as a sound conclusion.  Jackson has had exactly 1 good regular season, and 2 abysmal postseasons.

Jury is OUT.  Your post is proof positive that fans are more critical of their own QB's, and that the proverbial grass is always greener.

I think Jackson is one more post season failure away from permanent backup status.

• Like (+1) 4

The great Lamar Jackson has been conquered. Stop the run, force Jackson to throw to the outside, and like noodle arm magic, you stop the Ravens O.

Case solved.

This is something that will never happen with Josh Allen because he's smart , will continue to evolve, and can put the football anywhere on the football field at a high velocity. 

Oh, did I mention Allen can also run with the best of them...

• Like (+1) 9

11 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Don’t care, fake news. Both lost their first NFL playoff game of the season ( 2nd career for Jackson ). He didn’t look great tonight when it counted most. I’d be very disappointed if I was a BAL fan, because they were huge favorites. 

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

The great Lamar Jackson has been conquered. Stop the run, force Jackson to throw to the outside, and like noodle arm magic, you stop the Ravens O.

Case solved.

This is something that will never happen with Josh Allen because he's smart , will continue to evolve, and can put the football anywhere on the football field at a high velocity. 

Oh, did I mention Allen can also run with the best of them...

Not sure if either will ever be a great NFL QB. Jackson had a great season, but so have many others who never did much else. I’m pretty comfortable with the Bills and Allen going forward. I have concerns, but there are a lot of concerned Ravens fans out there right now. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t care, fake news. Both lost their first NFL playoff game of the season ( 2nd career for Jackson ). He didn’t look great tonight when it counted most. I’d be very disappointed if I was a BAL fan, because they were huge favorites. 

Lamar Jackson in January: 2tds 3INTS 4Fumbles

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure if either will ever be a great NFL QB. Jackson had a great season, but so have many others who never did much else. I’m pretty comfortable with the Bills and Allen going forward. I have concerns, but there are a lot of concerned Ravens fans out there right now. 

I know J G and the 49ers is one smooth looking operator running a well oiled machine.

Two teams from todays  action probably wishing they had their old QB's back...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Ravens season flushed down the drain courtesy of Lamar Jackson

You hate to see it

I don't.

Sorry. I know I'm being a little petty, but I can't stand the arrogance of the Ravens, the inevitability of them coming out of the AFC, and just the Lamar hype train.

It was all deserved... at least the Lamar hype. But next season I think they fall on their faces a little.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't.

Sorry. I know I'm being a little petty, but I can't stand the arrogance of the Ravens, the inevitability of them coming out of the AFC, and just the Lamar hype train.

It was all deserved... at least the Lamar hype. But next season I think they fall on their faces a little.

I mean to be fair we were saying a lot of this last year. I mean I still think teams are going to be better prepared for them, but they got "figured out" in the playoffs before this MVP run in the regular season.

Also apparently no Purple teams are allowed in Conference Championships.

Edited by Warcodered

44 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Ravens season had nothing to do with our season.  Everyone agrees that we're still a work in progress.  Allen needs to improve and we desperately need to upgrade the offense, particularly skill players. 

IMO we overachieved this season.  We were playing with house money in Houston.  In contrast, the Ravens were 14 - 2 and had locked up home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.  They are loaded on offense.  Just look at the pro Bowl roster to see how the 2 teams compare.  Their QB played terribly and because of his play they lost the game.  This isn't a case where the Ravens D didn't show up and they lost 38 - 35 with Jackson playing great.  They lost 28 - 12 and scored ONLY one TD and that was in the 4th quarter.

The realistic expectations for the Ravens was through the roof.  If the Bills went 14 - 2 and lost their first playoff game I would be deeply disappointed.  I'm pissed off about the Houston game because we blew a big lead and still could have stolen the game in OT.  But let's be clear NO Bill's fan should be feeling even a fraction of the disappointment that the Ravens fans are going to feel over the entire off season.

Yeah good post. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean to be fair we were saying a lot of this last year. I mean I still think teams are going to be better prepared for them, but they got "figured out" in the playoffs before this MVP run in the regular season.

Also apparently no Purple teams are allowed in Conference Championships.

I know I said it. Can we please pull back up the Lamar Jackson thread post the Bills game? I can’t seem to find it.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

35 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I agree.