Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Yep.  Jackson was genuinely bad tonight. 2 bad INT's, and that fumble was unreal - just terrible awareness.  He had his arm out the whole time, and seemed oblivious that pressure could be closing in after all of that time.

Allen is given much less leeway by some in this fanbase.  

Don't forget about bad 3rd down sacks that only the worst QBs in the league take.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TuelTime said:

We can use completion percent, passing TDs, MVP votes, whatever metric you want Jackson is a better QB.. Why are we even arguing this? Some people need to add more water to their Kool-Aid packets.

Say he is a better QB. What the heck should a Bills fan do about that? What would you be saying if he was the Bills QB and looked like crap in each of his playoff games ? A one and done after a division title AND home field ? Singing his praises ?  A Bills fan isn’t worrying about some other team’s QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

We can use completion percent, passing TDs, MVP votes, whatever metric you want Jackson is a better QB.. Why are we even arguing this? Some people need to add more water to their Kool-Aid packets.

Who do you think will have the longer better career?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

4th quarter game winning drives? Rushing TDs?

Lol, I love how the fan base keeping using this statistic.. He wouldn't be behind in the fourth quarter if he didn't suck in the other 3!! Okay, now we want to add RUSHING TDs to the QB metric??? Come on guys.. try to be objective here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Do you honestly not see the difference between how the two are used and why it might lead to some unpleasant realities wrt Jackson’s ceiling?

Seriously, how much NFL football do you watch? How many teams have you seen have success running read-option for more than a season or two? 

I think your making the point more complex then it needs to be. The two QBs have similarities as players. It just comes down to who is a better passer and runner ultimately. I cant put Allen above Jackson from what ive seen, even after one bad game. I don't know how people can. 

Just now, TuelTime said:

Well if we are just using the eye test, Allen is fools gold.. EJ 2.0. But let's not address to QB position for a couple years because Allen has a high ceiling.

EJ ? EJ freaking Manuel ? What did he last, 12 games or something ? Maybe the worst 15 minutes of QBing ever Vs JAX in England? You have zero credibility with a statement like that. To borrow another OPs phrase “ you’re an idiot”. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Well if we are just using the eye test, Allen is fools gold.. EJ 2.0. But let's not address to QB position for a couple years because Allen has a high ceiling.

EJ never ever made a single pass as good as Allen. If you think there are any similarities between EJ and Allen other than first round picks of the Bills, you know nothing about football. Nothing. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I just read your post and think so much of it also applies to the bills season, the record doesn't matter, home or away doesnt matter. The Bills had a great chance against the texans and we couldn't get it done. Jacksons history is richer than what allen has done and so I do find it ironic how people have Jackson figured out, that's hes overrated, and Allen figured out that he's a franchise QB or along those lines. The season matters in terms of understanding what you have in a player and Jackson has destroyed more teams than Allen has. 

The Ravens season had nothing to do with our season.  Everyone agrees that we're still a work in progress.  Allen needs to improve and we desperately need to upgrade the offense, particularly skill players. 

IMO we overachieved this season.  We were playing with house money in Houston.  In contrast, the Ravens were 14 - 2 and had locked up home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.  They are loaded on offense.  Just look at the pro Bowl roster to see how the 2 teams compare.  Their QB played terribly and because of his play they lost the game.  This isn't a case where the Ravens D didn't show up and they lost 38 - 35 with Jackson playing great.  They lost 28 - 12 and scored ONLY one TD and that was in the 4th quarter.

The realistic expectations for the Ravens was through the roof.  If the Bills went 14 - 2 and lost their first playoff game I would be deeply disappointed.  I'm pissed off about the Houston game because we blew a big lead and still could have stolen the game in OT.  But let's be clear NO Bill's fan should be feeling even a fraction of the disappointment that the Ravens fans are going to feel over the entire off season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think most people knew if you get Baltimore down 10-14 points Lamar would crumble. He will get a pass cause of his “stats” but watching the game he didn’t look like an MVP other than his running. I’m sure Baltimore fans sound like us right now, terrible play calling, need some bigger receivers who can catch on the outside, defense didn’t show up. Same kinda stuff we’re dealing with. 

Bigger receivers on the outside won't help.  Most outside balls didnt make their way to the receivers, jumped all night.  

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

EJ never ever made a single pass as good as Allen. If you think there are any similarities between EJ and Allen other than first round picks of the Bills, you know nothing about football. Nothing. 

EJ had poor offensive line play, bad WRs.. no run game.. you know all the same excuses that are made for Allen's poor play.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He's a low grade troll.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I think your making the point more complex then it needs to be. The two QBs have similarities as players. It just comes down to who is a better passer and runner ultimately. I cant put Allen above Jackson from what ive seen, even after one bad game. I don't know how people can. 

No. Just...no.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Lol, I love how the fan base keeping using this statistic.. He wouldn't be behind in the fourth quarter if he didn't suck in the other 3!! Okay, now we want to add RUSHING TDs to the QB metric??? Come on guys.. try to be objective here.

I'm pretty sure you said:

6 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

whatever metric you want Jackson is a better QB.

he certainly didn't do a great job coming back from behind.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Why exactly are you guys answering this douche?

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, TuelTime said:

Objectively everyone outside raven fans and fantasy football nerds knows Baltimore is running a complex wildcat with Lamar. The season he just completed will probably never be duplicated. Objectively almost everyone knew if Baltimore got behind Lamar could not bring them back. Objectively it’s been pretty obvious all year he really struggles throwing to the outside. Objectively 90% of the people who actually watched his games knew his stats were extremely padded. 

Allen is a quarterback, maybe not a great one yet. But he’s running a complex offense not a gimmick. Ravens are running a wildcat with 1000 variations where Lamar rarely makes an actual read of the secondary. He reads the defensive line and either throws it or runs right away. There are plays he does read the field and can do it successfully but it’s very rare. 

• Like (+1) 3