Divisional Round: Titans at Ravens

egd

Just now, Rc2catch said:

The narrative after lamars game this week  will be how his receivers dropped balls, and Ingram was playing hurt, blah blah blah MVP did everything he could to keep them in the game blah blah blah 

For sure. I can hear it already. Lamar is the chosen one, it will be brutal. 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Tennessee would be insane not to pay Henry.  I can't imagine he is allowed to hit the open market.

Oh you’re 100% correct. Half the guys talked about on here for free agency will never hit the market. But there was lots of takes Henry isn’t worth a big contract. No running back is. 
But that guy is not the normal running back 

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Dear  "When is muh QB gonna throw for 300 yards?" people,

Tannehill threw for something like 9 yards for the entire second half.

Do everyone a favor and STFU for now and forever.

Sincerely,

Football fans who aren't stupid enough to live off stats.

They're probably all under the age of 35.

Chalk it up to youthful ignorance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They're probably all under the age of 35.

Chalk it up to youthful ignorance.

Running the ball successfully cures many ills for your team.  Youngsters do not acknowledge it.  Now stay off my lawn!!!  

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't care.  The Ravens offense was constructed for Jackson.  The Ravens have more talent on offense then the Bills do.  The truth is that Allen had a better playoff game against the Texans on the road then Jackson had last year and this year playing AT HOME. 

If I was a Ravens fan I would be sick.  And yes I would be questioning my QB.  A 14 - 2 regular season record only matters if you at least win one playoff game.  I would say it only matters if you get to the Super Bowl.  What's the point to earn home field advantage through the playoffs only to lose the 1st playoff game AT HOME? 

And the Ravens loss to TN tonight is almost entirely on Jackson.  He played AWFUL.  If I have to endure posts from folks claiming that Allen lost last weeks game then I sure as hell won't ignore the FACT that Jackson did a lot more to lose tonight's game.  He didn't make a meaningful play in the first 3 quarters to help his team win the game.  NOT ONE. 

And his carelessness with the ball and his poor execution TWICE on QB sneaks on 4th & 1 killed any chance for Baltimore to win this game.  Frankly, he played so poorly tonight that I would NOT make him MVP.  Unless Wilson plays like crap tomorrow he's my MVP.  Or how about D. Henry?

I just read your post and think so much of it also applies to the bills season, the record doesn't matter, home or away doesnt matter. The Bills had a great chance against the texans and we couldn't get it done. Jacksons history is richer than what allen has done and so I do find it ironic how people have Jackson figured out, that's hes overrated, and Allen figured out that he's a franchise QB or along those lines. The season matters in terms of understanding what you have in a player and Jackson has destroyed more teams than Allen has. 

Edited by london_bills

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No he isn't and if I was a Ravens fan I would be real nervous about whether next year the league figures out Lamar and Roman's offense. 

And while we may be homers what the hell are you?  Posting your love for all things Jackson after tonight's performance?  On a BUFFALO BILLS message board?  Throwing out that Jackson was miles ahead of Allen immediately after he laid an ostrich egg for his 2nd playoff game?  Jackson has a team LOADED with elite offensive talent.  And he was playing at home. 

Had Allen played like this in a home playoff game you guys would be freaking out.   The double standard is just astonishing to me. I get it if I was on a Ravens board or even just an NFL board.  But on a Bills board?  It makes no sense to me.

Yep.  Jackson was genuinely bad tonight. 2 bad INT's, and that fumble was unreal - just terrible awareness.  He had his arm out the whole time, and seemed oblivious that pressure could be closing in after all of that time.

Allen is given much less leeway by some in this fanbase.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The narrative after lamars game this week  will be how his receivers dropped balls, and Ingram was playing hurt, blah blah blah MVP did everything he could to keep them in the game blah blah blah 

Bingo.  No one is going to mention how on 4th and inches Jackson decided to run laterally to the line and then tried to reverse field.  The net result was a loss of a yard and TN gets the ball.  That was the first drive of the 2nd half and the Ravens were on the edge of the red zone!  That one screw-up probably lost the Ravens the game.  And if that didn't then Jackson's piss poor pass that was intercepted in the TN red zone early in the 4th quarter definitely did.  

But all we heard about was how Allen was rattled because he tried a stupid lateral.  It didn't matter that the lateral play HAD NO EFFECT ON THE GAME.  It fit the narrative and that's all that mattered.  I for one am sick of this crap.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Yep.  Jackson was genuinely bad tonight. 2 bad INT's, and that fumble was unreal - just terrible awareness.  He had his arm out the whole time, and seemed oblivious that pressure could be closing in after all of that time.

Lotta fools in this fan base.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No he isn't and if I was a Ravens fan I would be real nervous about whether next year the league figures out Lamar and Roman's offense. 

And while we may be homers what the hell are you?  Posting your love for all things Jackson after tonight's performance?  On a BUFFALO BILLS message board?  Throwing out that Jackson was miles ahead of Allen immediately after he laid an ostrich egg for his 2nd playoff game?  Jackson has a team LOADED with elite offensive talent.  And he was playing at home. 

Had Allen played like this in a home playoff game you guys would be freaking out.   The double standard is just astonishing to me. I get it if I was on a Ravens board or even just an NFL board.  But on a Bills board?  It makes no sense to me.

Honestly Allen played better in his first Playoff game than Jackson did in his second. Allen had a bit of a meltdown in the 2nd half Lamar was in a meltdown the whole game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

And much less by the media too. They love the flavor of the month and jump on the bandwagon, but they were watching a gimmick offense. It’s been figured out. Lamar had a great season and did what the coaches needed him to do. I don’t know if he can win in another style of offense. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Lotta fools in this fan base.

Somewhere , Bill Polian is smiling. Not because he’s at the Asian Orchid Spa , either. 

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I just read your post and think so much of it also applies to the bills season, the record doesn't matter, home or away doesnt matter. The Bills had a great chance against the texans and we couldn't get it done. Jacksons history is richer than what allen has done and so I do find it ironic how people have Jackson figured out, that's hes overrated, and Allen figured out that he's a franchise QB or along those lines. The season matters in terms of understanding what you have in a player and Jackson has destroyed more teams than Allen has. 

Do you honestly not see the difference between how the two are used and why it might lead to some unpleasant realities wrt Jackson’s ceiling?

Seriously, how much NFL football do you watch? How many teams have you seen have success running read-option for more than a season or two? 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Bingo.  No one is going to mention how on 4th and inches Jackson decided to run laterally to the line and then tried to reverse field.  The net result was a loss of a yard and TN gets the ball.  That was the first drive of the 2nd half and the Ravens were on the edge of the red zone!  That one screw-up probably lost the Ravens the game.  And if that didn't then Jackson's piss poor pass that was intercepted in the TN red zone early in the 4th quarter definitely did.  

But all we heard about was how Allen was rattled because he tried a stupid lateral.  It didn't matter that the lateral play HAD NO EFFECT ON THE GAME.  It fit the narrative and that's all that mattered.  I for one am sick of this crap.

I think most people knew if you get Baltimore down 10-14 points Lamar would crumble. He will get a pass cause of his “stats” but watching the game he didn’t look like an MVP other than his running. I’m sure Baltimore fans sound like us right now, terrible play calling, need some bigger receivers who can catch on the outside, defense didn’t show up. Same kinda stuff we’re dealing with. 

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Oh, so NOW QB wins are a thing?

Funny, I thought Ws were a team stat.

We can use completion percent, passing TDs, MVP votes, whatever metric you want Jackson is a better QB.. Why are we even arguing this? Some people need to add more water to their Kool-Aid packets.

Just now, TuelTime said:

We can use completion percent, passing TDs, MVP votes, whatever metric you want Jackson is a better QB.. Why are we even arguing this? Some people need to add more water to their Kool-Aid packets.

That player is no MVP, sorry. MVPs don't look like that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TuelTime said:

4th quarter game winning drives? Rushing TDs?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TuelTime said:

I don't think he's the better long term QB

I've said this all year

Edited by JerseyBills

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

That player is no MVP, sorry. MVPs don't look like that.

Well if we are just using the eye test, Allen is fools gold.. EJ 2.0. But let's not address to QB position for a couple years because Allen has a high ceiling.