Cody Ford, go fund me page for fine

Steptide

53 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t get this. Why do we need to raise money to display how absurd the penalty/fine was?

why does everything result in a Go Fund Me? 

Because a Go Fool Me site is not as attractive.

I get a lot of calls from fund raisers who work for charities which cannot be reported for Do Not Call list.

My response is "Thank you for name of charity which uses paid telemarketers.  I will take them off donation list."

I have gotten one response from this from a charity who I have donated to in past.

"We heard that you are unhappy with our use of telemarketers to raise money. We wanted you to know that all money raised directly to our efforts to help our clients."

I later looked up report on charity and found how much part-time chairman was making and decided money could be better donated elsewhere.

All of my donating is anonymous since one charity took my donation as reason for 4+ mails and a call a year asking for donations.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

The fine is total bs. I thought it was a good cause seeing as ford said he'd give the money to charity 

He/Ford  should donate his whole salary to charity , 

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

To be clear, this is a Bills fan and not Cody Ford organizing this.  Donate at your own risk.

Is he a Bills fan AND a Nigerian Prince? 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is almost as dumb as the fan who flew to Baltimore to fight someone who called him a name on the internet.

That almost makes me want top start calling people names, just to see who shows up! 

It was a horrible call even with the NFL's dubious reinterpretation of the rule. You would think that the league would review it and see that it should have never been a penalty and if it was (based on their blind man's interpretation) it was hardly egregious and a mild block. But no!! The NFL double down on their stupidity and douchebaggery and fine Ford! Idiots!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cody Ford is a high character guy so if he says he will donate the money to charity I fully believe he will.   What I don't understand is how the NFL can fine Ford $28k but not fine Clowney for a helmet to helmet hit that knocked Wentz completely out of the game and maybe end his career.  The NFL should follow college football and their "Targeting" and eject anyone for helmet to helmet.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, egd said:

So this persn wants the average Joe to pay the fne for a millionaire?? Let Ford pay it himself. He reaped what he sowed.

Stay silent and only be thought the fool...

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Better yet the officiating crew should pay the fine.

The fine will likely be covered via a back door by the organization. It is my belief that most fines are handled in similar fashion league wide.

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

It's the risk you take. However, I hope the fan that organized it would be honest and give the money to Cody or his charity 

They have to legally, otherwise the money needs to be returned to the donors or the organizers faces felony fraud and theft by deception charges. 

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

The fine is total bs. I thought it was a good cause seeing as ford said he'd give the money to charity 

Why not just give the money directly to charity and cut out the middle man and any chance it doesn’t get to the charity?