Take your bets now what top 15 pick will fall?

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Always happens to one or two guys that you just cannot believe he was there when the Bills pick? I am going with Deandre Swift of Georgia as most of the teams past 10 seem to have RB settled and putting a guy like him with Singletary has to at least make Beane think for like a second or two 

How about no.....Najee Harris in the 3rd....RB room finished!

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So a guy falling around 10 spots isn’t a drop? Ok 

Cmon man. You started your OP by saying that there is always a guy "you just cannot believe he was there when the Bills pick". So for me, when we are picking 22, in order to qualify for this, it has to be somebody who is constantly mocked in top 10.

So in my view, we are talking about guys like Jeudy, Lamb, Thomas or Epenesa (considering out needs only).

Right now Swift is 14 at CBS, 18 at Walterfootball, 31 at Sportingnews, PFF doesn't have him in the first round at all, Tankathon has him 39 (I picked random mocks I found first, feel free to add more).

So him being there at 22 is no surprise at all, let alone some shocker.

Edited by No_Matter_What

22 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Cmon man. You started your OP by saying that there is always a guy "you just cannot believe he was there when the Bills pick". So for me, when we are picking 22, in order to qualify for this, it has to be somebody who is constantly mocked in top 10.

So in my view, we are talking about guys like Jeudy, Lamb, Thomas or Epenesa (considering out needs only).

Right now Swift is 14 at CBS, 18 at Walterfootball, 31 at Sportingnews, PFF doesn't have him in the first round at all, Tankathon has him 39 (I picked random mocks I found first, feel free to add more).

Yeh it is the consensus no 1 back in the draft falling to 23 I will be shocked if he gets to 20 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

2 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Another thread wanting a RB. With a 1st round pick no less. Unreal.

The Bills drafted a RB three times in the first round from 2003-2010 and were a bad franchise because of it. And so many on here want to repeat those same mistakes.

If we take a RB I want it to be Levante Bellamy in the middle rounds. He has great speed and great production. No high picks on RB.

The talent & coaching on those teams back then vs now is vastly different.

I'm not saying draft a 1st round RB, I didn't get a chance to watch much college ball the last couple years, so I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to RBs in the draft this year. But, to say it didn't work 15-20 years ago, so it won't work now is short sighted IMO.

Gurley & Michel are 2 recent examples of RBs taken by their teams in the 1st round to help put them over the top and get them to the Super Bowl. Michel won in it in his rookie year and in the playoffs he was huge. In 3 postseason games last year he averaged 112 yards & 2 TDs per game. Gurley is the biggest reason the Rams were 13-3 in the 2018 season when they went to the SB.

Like a poster(Kirby Jackson?) said earlier today, we need a guy who can go 70 yards and take it to the house. I 110% agree. We desperately need a play maker on offense. If it's a trade or a draft pick, I don't care. If it's a RB or a WR, I don't care. All I care about is we get one.

We need a Tyreek Hill or a McCaffrey so badly. McCaffery has over 4,000 yards and 32 TDs in just the last 2 years. Imagine how much pressure you take off Josh with a guy like that!! Hill has averaged over 1,200 yards and almost 9 TDs over the last 3 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Agreed.  Lynch was never going to be happy here.  Poor pre draft preparation on our part as CB was a need with Revis still on the board.

IIRC Ralph forced the Marshawn Lynch pick (having seen his bowl game, or some such), and then another RB (Fresno St?) in the 4th round.

Meddling owners...

Tua will fall. I bet his medicals are scary enough that he'll drop to the bottom of the 1st, or even day 2.  His injury is the same as Bo Jackson's, and he probably can't play in year 1. Huge risk for a top pick.

Who knows, maybe his agent will pull a McGahee & get somebody to bite...

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I can see Beane trading up if Epenesa falls into the late teens like Edmunds did. 

3 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The talent & coaching on those teams back then vs now is vastly different.

I'm not saying draft a 1st round RB, I didn't get a chance to watch much college ball the last couple years, so I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to RBs in the draft this year. But, to say it didn't work 15-20 years ago, so it won't work now is short sighted IMO.

Gurley & Michel are 2 recent examples of RBs taken by their teams in the 1st round to help put them over the top and get them to the Super Bowl. Michel won in it in his rookie year and in the playoffs he was huge. In 3 postseason games last year he averaged 112 yards & 2 TDs per game. Gurley is the biggest reason the Rams were 13-3 in the 2018 season when they went to the SB.

Like a poster(Kirby Jackson?) said earlier today, we need a guy who can go 70 yards and take it to the house. I 110% agree. We desperately need a play maker on offense. If it's a trade or a draft pick, I don't care. If it's a RB or a WR, I don't care. All I care about is we get one.

We need a Tyreek Hill or a McCaffrey so badly. McCaffery has over 4,000 yards and 32 TDs in just the last 2 years. Imagine how much pressure you take off Josh with a guy like that!! Hill has averaged over 1,200 yards and almost 9 TDs over the last 3 years.

There are more important positions than RB unless it’s the piece an offense needs or it’s a generational talent. There aren’t any obvious  generational talents in this draft at RB (can’t rule out a Terrell Davis), so the top backs will likely be on the board until BPA meets need. Particularly because there are some really good prospects that’ll have 2-5 round ratings. I doubt any of the top RBs go in the top 15 this year unless one of them blows up the combine.... So I’d imagine some of the playoff teams may take a shot at a back or there’s a trade. There are so many WRs this draft that a RB likely won’t be the best offensive playmaker on the board until the 20’s. 

I've seenHenry Ruggs, WR, Alabama mocked in the teens and 20s of the first round......I think he'll drop.  He has suspect hands and has missed time with injuries.  

AJ Epenesa, is a guy I've seen mocked in the middle of the 1st round, he doesn't seem like the type of athlete that's going to test particularly well for a DE, so maybe that gets him to drop a bit.

One guy I think that's going to go higher than most expect is Jake Fromm.  He had a poor season at Georgia this year.  He doesn't do any one thing great, but I think his leadership and personality is going to tempt teams in the middle of the 1st round.  I've always had a guy feeling he's going to be a Patriot.

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Tua will fall. I bet his medicals are scary enough that he'll drop to the bottom of the 1st, or even day 2.  His injury is the same as Bo Jackson's, and he probably can't play in year 1. Huge risk for a top pick.

Who knows, maybe his agent will pull a McGahee & get somebody to bite...

This, if I'm a GM/Coach I'm terrified to hitch my career to him, plus Tua lacks the ability to read the blitz. He gets a lot of Madden syndrome, drop drop drop get sacked.

Otherwise I have a feeling Isiah Simmons will drop. He's positionless in the NFL. He'd make a solid Dime\Nickel backer or safety, but I don't think he's big enough for a full time 4-3 backer but I don't think he has the skill set to play fulltime safety in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes him late round 1 or round 2