Jessica Pegula v. Serena Williams in the Auckland finals tonight (fell short but great run)

I remember it was around Bills/Panthers joint practice when she got her first pro win and when Kim Pegula was doing her meet and greet with the fans I told her congratulations for her daughters success. You could tell how proud she was just in our brief exchange. It was also cool to see my daughter say to KP "I didn't know girls could own football teams" to which her reply was "Girls can do anything."  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Auckland Open 2020: Serena Williams destroys compatriot Amanda Anisimova to set up Jessica Pegula showdown

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/auckland-open-2020-serena-williams-destroys-compatriot-amanda-anisimova-to-set-up-jessica-pegula-showdown-7891941.html

Jessica Pegula ended Caroline Wozniacki’s hopes of clinching her first Auckland Classic title when she fought back from a first set rout to beat the Dane 3-6 6-4 6-0 in their semi-final

Jessica-Pegula-380.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Jessica defeated former #1 Caroline Wosniacki to get there.  I knew she was a pro but in the 200s + last time I looked.  Now she’s trending into the world top 25!  Amazing family! 

man some people just crush it all. Congrats to her and pegs fam. Must be proud. 

59 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Auckland Open 2020: Serena Williams destroys compatriot Amanda Anisimova to set up Jessica Pegula showdown

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/auckland-open-2020-serena-williams-destroys-compatriot-amanda-anisimova-to-set-up-jessica-pegula-showdown-7891941.html

Jessica Pegula ended Caroline Wozniacki’s hopes of clinching her first Auckland Classic title when she fought back from a first set rout to beat the Dane 3-6 6-4 6-0 in their semi-final

Jessica-Pegula-380.jpg

Wow, what a come back!

Good for her, and good luck to her tonight!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m happy for her and the Pegulas.  I’m assuming she’s one of the daughters.  What a cool family.  I really like the Pegulas not just because they kept the team in Buffalo, but the sincere interest in revitalizing Buffalo for both teams.  My sister works for the Sabres for years and she said they are awesome to work for and Kim has invited her into the Bills suite each year for a game.  

my sister told me Kim is the most down to earth, easy person to talk with in social situations.  Lastly, I love how they approach their ownership.  They are involved, but are smart in they let the football people take care of football decisions.  I know they blew it Wrex, but they learned a good lesson, and we now have Mgmt, scouting, and coaching to a group of guys who should be here for a very long time.

46 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You mean she's GOAT?

Funny how much she has in common with Brady.  Of course, while they are both insufferable during the game, he is at least gracious in defeat afterward.

And while they are both quite obviously the most successful of all time in their field, I wouldn't call either the 'greatest'.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Sad 1