Jesse Pegula pulls off upset, will meet Serena Williams in Auckland final

BillsFan4

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/28461503/jessica-pegula-pulls-upset-meet-serena-williams-auckland-final

AUCKLAND, New Zealand -- Jessica Pegula upset former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki on Saturday to set up a final at the ASB Classic against top-seeded Serena Williams. The daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula came from a set down to beat Wozniacki 3-6, 6-4, 6-0 in Wozniacki's penultimate tournament before retirement.

Wow! Pretty cool, congrats Jesse! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, John Adams said:

She lost but still cool to see "Buffalo, NY" listed as her hometown (though I'm fairly certain she doesn't train with pros in Delaware Park or anywhere in WNY). 

Time for OneBuffalo to include her in our cheering. 

there’s no other reason for me to be sipping bourbon and watching women’s tennis at 1 am, but I was! 

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

She lost but still cool to see "Buffalo, NY" listed as her hometown (though I'm fairly certain she doesn't train with pros in Delaware Park or anywhere in WNY). 

Time for OneBuffalo to include her in our cheering. 

Memories of Jimmy Arias back in the 80's

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Jess Pegula won today at Australian Open. Is in form. Straight sets. Faces Ash Barty on Tues. 

i randomly caught some of her match on TV. The woman she went against— Maria Sakarri— looks like an Olympic weight lifter. Super powerful. Impressed that Jessica pulled that one off! Congrats to her! 

• Simon locked this topic