Cody Ford fined over 28k for illegal blind side block

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My guess is Riveron will be out of the position soon.

But this season there is an EMPHASIS on this type of block so I'm not surprised that they made a point to issue a fine.

I don't feel bad at all for Cody Ford he f*cked up a Bills driver earlier in the game with his stupidity right after getting away with a blatant penalty just the play before!  This after a season full of dumb penalties and assignment mistakes by him.  The apologizing for the guy and rationalization for his mistakes(he missed that block by design!) has been ridiculous.:lol:

you are off the subject and focused on your dislike of Ford

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My guess is Riveron will be out of the position soon.

But this season there is an EMPHASIS on this type of block so I'm not surprised that they made a point to issue a fine.

I don't feel bad at all for Cody Ford he f*cked up a Bills driver earlier in the game with his stupidity right after getting away with a blatant penalty just the play before!  This after a season full of dumb penalties and assignment mistakes by him.  The apologizing for the guy and rationalization for his mistakes(he missed that block by design!) has been ridiculous.:lol:

Cody Ford is a young guy playing football.  Even if you believe it was a reasonable call, keep it in perspective.  You insulted the man earlier, now this.  No one has “apologized” for his play, and we’ll wait and see if the Ravens Olineman who made forcible contact gets banged for $58, 150 for the two blindside blocks on the same play since it’s a point of emphasis.  When that occurs, I’ll be back to extend my apologies to you and acknowledge you were correct. 

48 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

you are off the subject and focused on your dislike of Ford

The penalty was legit he loaded up, lead with his shoulder and forearm, left his feet and made contact with the head.

All totally unnecessary to do the job.

Ford is a dumb, dirty football player at this point.

That needs to change.

Fining him is good........he needs to learn to be accountable for his decisions on the field not defended for them.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
typo

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Cody Ford is a young guy playing football.  Even if you believe it was a reasonable call, keep it in perspective.  You insulted the man earlier, now this.  No one has “apologized” for his play, and we’ll wait and see if the Ravens Olineman who made forcible contact gets banged for $58, 150 for the two blindside blocks on the same play since it’s a point of emphasis.  When that occurs, I’ll be back to extend my apologies to you and acknowledge you were correct. 

I don't care about other teams players or whether they get fined..................I care about Bills players not doing totally unnecessary things that hurt the team.

But go ahead, send him $20....pay his fines for him Bills fans.......and then when he keeps getting stupid penalties next season you can keep fighting the law with him and see how that works out for ya'.:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The penalty was legit he loaded up, lead with his shoulder and forearm, left his feet and made contact with the head.

That needs to change.

Fining him is good........he needs to learn to be accountable for his decisions on the field not defended for them.

i think you made my point about your strong opinion.
But yes. he has plenty of work to do. No questions there.

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't care about other teams players or whether they get fined..................I care about Bills players not doing totally unnecessary things that hurt the team.

But go ahead, send him $20....pay his fines for him Bills fans.......and then when he keeps getting stupid penalties next season you can keep fighting the law with him and see how that works out for ya'.:thumbsup:

I would not contribute to a gfm campaign irrespective of my feelings about the penalty, nor would I expect a player to send me a donation to help offset a monetary penalty related to my business.  It represents an occupational hazard, and there’s a process for him to appeal or resolve as he sees fit. 

I applaud your tunnel vision and the simplicity of your approach. There are times I wish I could tune out some of the distractions, but always assumed if I did, I’d be a more reasonable and happy fan.  Maybe not. 

Let’s hope that next year, we both win.  Your boys in stripes find some level of consistency, games are called squarely, and CF becomes a league favorite so if he does inadvertently kill shot a guy, no flag will follow. 

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That needs to change.

Football Zebras had a game blog that celebrated the call made on the EZ non touchback as a common sense ruling and the penalty on Ford as legit as have you.  I see Ford with his hands low, almost coming to a stop, the defender actually initiating the contact to Ford's upper arm as he is turned to face him and then Ford pushing with his hands extended.  No forcible contact to the head, no blindside hit from the side, no force involved that is a threat to injure.  This was no where near a "decleater" and the defender's "54" was facing him.  This was a block that amounted to a push with the defender taking two steps back.  Where is the common sense applied in this case?  Not forcible = no injury threat = no call = no fine.  Initiate with the head, shoulder or forearm and forcible are necessary parts to make the call and issue the fine and are standards not not met, imo.  

• Like (+1) 2

I specifically watched for any "blindside blocks" all weekend. I may have missed it but did not see any called. However I did see plenty of plays worse than Ford. Absurd he is getting fined for that. NFL should be ashamed of themselves. Double-downing on the we didn't make a mistake like so many think we did. Horse crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I specifically watched for any "blindside blocks" all weekend. I may have missed it but did not see any called. However I did see plenty of plays worse than Ford. Absurd he is getting fined for that. NFL should be ashamed of themselves. Double-downing on the we didn't make a mistake like so many think we did. Horse crap. 

I was looking too lol...saw a bunch that didn't get called. It's a common occurrence with a mobile QB once he breaks the pocket. If it really was a point of emphasis it could have been called easily 10x this weekend

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was looking too lol...saw a bunch that didn't get called. It's a common occurrence with a mobile QB once he breaks the pocket. If it really was a point of emphasis it could have been called easily 10x this weekend

Exactly - not sure why they cant have the rule be consistent with any other roughing type penalty or make it illegal to block anywhere but the line of scrimmage. Soo much power to refs if they cant be consistent. Then to fine a guy for play like that...and as others note not fine a guy who dives helmet first at a guy and knocks him out of the game. 

47 minutes ago, Plano said:

mailing my $1 in pennies to the NFL today with the note "for Cody Fords fine, GTFO"

I suppose if it makes you feel better. But do you think anyone outside of the mail room will even know about it?

Edited by CodeMonkey